Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 06-11-2020, 04:01 PM
Deactivated Account
channeling - What is it for YOU?

My field of special interest is that of communication. I would find it helpful to learn what practitioners mean when they say that they 'channel' a person.

Might I ask you, please, exactly what are you are doing, when you channel?
Old 07-11-2020, 03:28 AM
Master

That's a pretty broad subject for such a tiny sentence. The problem with the sentence is that channelers usually don't channel "persons". Those would be called Mediums.

Channelers channel pretty much anything and everything else. When you learn to channel and you practice (and anyone can learn it because we (most of us) all come in with the same equipment) and you practice, after a while you discover you can channel whomever you like. When I say whomever, it does sound like a person, and that person would have to be deceased, but chances are they are not your dearly departed. They would be along the lines of the Masters, whomever you connect to, Angels, Guides, Fairies, Your Higher Self, your Soul, God, and anyone who has ever lived, ET's...

Most Mediums like to stick to the dearly departed. As a channel, I have no interest in speaking to the dearly departed. Don't know why that creeps me out, when I channel Jesus, and that might creep someone else out.

Really, it is a smorgasborg. They are all willing to help us down here. We just have to reach up to them - well, reach is a bit of a reach. They are right next to us the minute we think of them, it is just easier to think of it as reaching up because in order to channel you have to raise your vibration to match their channel. Hence the word channeler.

Here is a lovely you tube video by Abraham on how we can all channel Abraham. I like to insert this when I remember to those seeking how to channel. You didn't actually ask how, you were just curious, but they have to How To down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ilomKaFyw0

A lovely book to start with would be "Opening to Channel" by Sanaya Roman, who channels a loving Being of Light named Orin. Orin is one of my favorite friends and the first one to send me Love Energy. It is a wave of bliss that encompassed me and I never wanted to leave it. Simply amazing.

There are a multitiude of channeled materials.

If you are looking to talk to people who channel "people" you might want to post this in the Mediumship Section. Actually don't know if there is one, but if there isn't, then try the Readings Section. There are a lot of wonderful Mediums on this site.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
That's a pretty broad subject for such a tiny sentence. The problem with the sentence is that channelers usually don't channel "persons". Those would be called Mediums.

Channelers channel pretty much anything and everything else. When you learn to channel and you practice (and anyone can learn it because we (most of us) all come in with the same equipment) and you practice, after a while you discover you can channel whomever you like. When I say whomever, it does sound like a person, and that person would have to be deceased, but chances are they are not your dearly departed. They would be along the lines of the Masters, whomever you connect to, Angels, Guides, Fairies, Your Higher Self, your Soul, God, and anyone who has ever lived, ET's...

Most Mediums like to stick to the dearly departed. As a channel, I have no interest in speaking to the dearly departed. Don't know why that creeps me out, when I channel Jesus, and that might creep someone else out.

Really, it is a smorgasborg. They are all willing to help us down here. We just have to reach up to them - well, reach is a bit of a reach. They are right next to us the minute we think of them, it is just easier to think of it as reaching up because in order to channel you have to raise your vibration to match their channel. Hence the word channeler.

Here is a lovely you tube video by Abraham on how we can all channel Abraham. I like to insert this when I remember to those seeking how to channel. You didn't actually ask how, you were just curious, but they have to How To down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ilomKaFyw0

A lovely book to start with would be "Opening to Channel" by Sanaya Roman, who channels a loving Being of Light named Orin. Orin is one of my favorite friends and the first one to send me Love Energy. It is a wave of bliss that encompassed me and I never wanted to leave it. Simply amazing.

There are a multitiude of channeled materials.

If you are looking to talk to people who channel "people" you might want to post this in the Mediumship Section. Actually don't know if there is one, but if there isn't, then try the Readings Section. There are a lot of wonderful Mediums on this site.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

I don't want to sound rude but with the greatest respect you're not responding to what I've asked. The thread's title is key - what is it for YOU? I wanted to know primarily what it is for those who say they are channelers.

I know a lot about mediumship - it's my specialty. I can find any amount of literature and online material about channeling but that's not what I was asking folk about.

What I hoped to find out is what real people actually do when they 'channel' - or at least learn what they believe they are doing. I suspect there is a difference between what one 'channeler' means and another; it was that I wanted to try to understand.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Channelers channel pretty much anything and everything else. When you learn to channel and you practice (and anyone can learn it because we (most of us) all come in with the same equipment) and you practice, after a while you discover you can channel whomever you like.
That's an interesting claim but what evidence do you have?
Quote:
When I say whomever, it does sound like a person, and that person would have to be deceased, but chances are they are not your dearly departed.
why? Why would those individuals not be reached?
Quote:
They would be along the lines of the Masters, whomever you connect to, Angels, Guides, Fairies, Your Higher Self, your Soul, God, and anyone who has ever lived, ET's...
That's a huge range of individuals! By contrast mediums can communicate only with those who come forward wanting to 'speak'. Looking at your groups one might conclude that channelers have communication attributes significantly different from than those of common-or-garden mediums. Is that how you see things? Why might that be?
Quote:
Most Mediums like to stick to the dearly departed.
I don't think mediums would see it as their 'sticking to the dearly departed'.
Quote:
As a channel, I have no interest in speaking to the dearly departed. Don't know why that creeps me out, when I channel Jesus, and that might creep someone else out.
I have no idea why communicating with (quote) dearly departed would creep you out. As for 'channeling' Jesus my response would be to ask how you authenticate that identity - how do you know it's the spirit who incarnated as Jesus 2 millennia ago?
Quote:
hmmm Those words - raising one's vibration - are indentically similar to those used by individuals I see as mediums. What you seem to be suggesting is that a 'channeler' - or a "channel" as you refer to yourself - is able to change her/his vibration to such a degree that spirits of considerable spiritual progression can be communicated with. Am I right to think that?
Old 07-11-2020, 09:34 AM
I have never given it a thought before that a channeler was different than a medium .. boy, am I slow!

Only twice when I was speaking did I get 'taken over' - it was as if I could take a nap on a cot in the back,
so to speak, that was how much I was not there! Ha!

I was just in the background watching from behind my eyes.
I know, weird. Right?

And the faces of the people dropped, cuz they saw it happen, (did my aura get bigger or something?
I bet that was part of it) and then they beamed transfixed, cuz they knew,
'that was not Miss H'.
(I mean the ones that were listening and tuned in.)

So the ques was 'exactly what are you doing'...I was speaking to groups...(oh, about spiritual stuff, not planting
gardens, lol.)

Oh, maybe 3 xs talking to the Theosophical Society.
Not as a 'speaker', tho, I just went and they were in a circle and after awhile I spoke up, shared.
I rem now the head guy said they 'are trained to see auras and we certainly see yours' and were super nice to me afterwards over
refreshments.

Oh, and what am I doing--- I'm watching as my gestures are happening in front of my face; feeling inside as my face is moving and expressing.
Yeah, I was used. But, not like a boyfriend.

Yeah, that was fun!
Nice memories, thanks, Bob.

Adding -- Oh, Speaking or Praying in Tongues - is another odd thing...I couldn't 'make' my mouth say
a thing ...it happens. If 'I' get involved to experiment to make a different syllable, say a 'b-b ba-ba sound'..
I could not do it. What the heck is THAT!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-11-2020, 10:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have never given it a thought before that a channeler was different than a medium .. boy, am I slow!
It's not certain one IS really different from the other and I'm hoping that more members who see themselves as 'channels' or 'channelers' explain the situation from their personal perspective. With sufficient data we might then draw conclusions.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
It's not certain one IS really different from the other and I'm hoping that more members who see themselves
as 'channels' or 'channelers' explain the situation from their personal perspective.
With sufficient data we might then draw conclusions.
Yes, I'm not much for data and conclusions as you can see...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-11-2020, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob

Might I ask you, please, exactly what are you are doing, when you channel?

Hi,

My experience is often a telepathic conversation. Which is very much like an imaginary conversation. This is similar to self talk except it is happening with another person.

Once in a while I will channel another intuitively. This is more like instinctual awareness not involving a conversation.

Experiences like this are best understood by those who do these things. Without first hand personal experiences with some thing like this it can be very hard to conceptualize.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 07-11-2020, 12:25 PM
Master

Quote:

Me too....
Old 07-11-2020, 12:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
And it's my forté.....