Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 14-09-2020, 03:30 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
My neighbor is a bit crazy. He has picked every tomato off my tomato plants so far this year that threaten to ripen over our fence.

I made the mistake of planting them on our shared boundary line. Yesterday he picked a green tomato and left bite marks and threw it on the ground to insinuate my dogs were the culprits. Phht, my dogs crave meat, not green tomatoes. I just let the crazy man do what he does best and try not to rile him. We buy our tomatoes at a local farm that has a little store. I'll plant my tomatoes elsewhere next year.

I also have my raspberries on that same boundary line. I have advertised in the local paper for free raspberry canes the past 2 weeks. Most have been dug up. Next year, I'm wondering what the crazy man will find to vent his craziness. No tomatoes, and no raspberries.

I saw today who has been eating my tomatoes.
I caught him 'red' handed!

He is my....................
dog.

He even helps himself to my oranges when they are in season. He jumps up, gets what he wants, and then peals it!

Beside the big orange tree is a big lemon tree..... he never touches the lemon tree.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-09-2020, 05:41 PM
Master
I had a good crop with the exception of carrots. They were chomped on at the top and in the ground by rodents. Unfortunately we had to trap them as there are just too many. I prefer live and let live but this was way too much.

Now the garden is winding down for winter. So far I covered the tomatoes with bed sheets twice. Other veggies have been picked. I'm waiting for the black currants to finish ripening. Mom picked all the cranberries she wanted though there are lots left for the birds.

The robins ate all our cherries before they ripened but a neighbour did pick some (invited him to pick) before the robins ate the cherries.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 14-09-2020, 11:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I saw today who has been eating my tomatoes.
I caught him 'red' handed!

He is my....................
dog.

He even helps himself to my oranges when they are in season. He jumps up, gets what he wants, and then peals it!

Beside the big orange tree is a big lemon tree..... he never touches the lemon tree.

What breed, BigJohn.
Old 14-09-2020, 11:38 PM
Master

What a wonderful read Chrysalis. I'm glad you had such a good garden experience this year (minus the carrots).
Old 02-05-2021, 10:41 PM
Master
The garden is alive and kicking of its winter doldrums. The herbs are green and beautiful! I am so surprised by the tarragon, it is already leafed out and the size of a football! I am going to have to work out some more recipes for tarragon! Sage is peaking its leaves past the dried ones still on the stem. I might have to give it a trim up. Chive! Oh, chive is happily ready to harvest! Yay! I have two types and both are such smarty pants that they knew just when to green up and grow, undeterred by the snow and cold. Spearmint is creeping about. Oregano looks like green carpet at the moment, but it will gain its height in time! Thyme is the only one still tucked in under the decayed leaves from fall.

The strawberry patch has blossoms!

Finally, went to the Garden store and purchased, a pepper, burp-less cucumber and a lemon grass (Ella’s favorite).

We have seeds enough for all the other veggies and the pouring rain is keeping me from sowing them today. Maybe next weekend. I can hardly wait!
Old 03-05-2021, 01:46 AM
AbodhiSky

i love planting those huge sunflowers, and jerusalem artichokes as well since they get huge in a short time.

i'd love to plant a Titan Arum, the largest flower in the world!
Old 03-05-2021, 12:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
i love planting those huge sunflowers, and jerusalem artichokes as well since they get huge in a short time.

i'd love to plant a Titan Arum, the largest flower in the world!

Sounds so pretty!
Old 03-05-2021, 03:36 PM
Master
The forsythia and the striped squellia (sp?) are about finished blooming. The chives and Egyptian onions are nice and green. Some perennials are up. It's just a matter of time for the trees to leaf out.

Lots of birds returned from their winter home. So nice to hear them sing. Our geese already stomped on the roof. The chickadees are sorting out where they want to nest.

I'm planning on shopping soon for annual plants and supplies.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 04-05-2021, 12:01 PM
Master
Chrysalis,

How beautiful your world sounds! I hope you have fun at the nursery.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:51 PM
Master
I hope to come home with lots of annuals and strawberry plants for a big tub that was given to me.