Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 05-09-2020, 02:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Labor Day weekend

Have a great Labor Day break in these bizarre times even though you can't get out in the once-normal way because of social-distancing rules etc.

We had the UK's near-equivalent last weekend, our Late Summer Bank Holiday when the weather was generally pants but contributed to the lack of anti-social-distancing behaviors seen on other public holidays.

That's it then until the absurdity of Christmas and the New Year holidays when much of the UK seems to close down for nearly a fortnight of staying indoors - again - and being bored to tears by TV which is still way better than anything you'll have in the USA - enjoy!

p.s. You guys also have, of course, all the excitement and entertainment of an election in a few weeks to look forward to.....ENJOY! We Brits voted last winter and are looking forward to all the excitement occasioned by the final throw of the die as we finally part company with the European Union and will again be on our own in this big, bad world.....
Old 05-09-2020, 03:33 PM
Master
Labor Day weekend:

having nothing else to do.......... I will work each and every day.

And then in about a week, I get to go to Los Angeles for a few days..... again.

In November, we have Thanksgiving which traditionally has been the day that starts of the Christmas frenzy. This year......?

I wonder if we will ever see 'normalcy' again as if 'normalcy' really did exist.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-09-2020, 04:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Labor Day weekend:

In November, we have Thanksgiving which traditionally has been the day that starts of the Christmas frenzy. This year......?

I wonder if we will ever see 'normalcy' again as if 'normalcy' really did exist.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy..... I know you play as well but work every day isn't healthy just as doing nothing every day isn't.

The Canucks like to arrive in the US in time for Thanksgiving having celebrated their own weeks before - another opportunity to gorge to excess! We don't celebrate with 'em because we ain't citizens of either nation! Some find that hard to follow when I tell 'em.....

This year - AC - there is no normal and what used to be normal is now history. In time a new version of normal will gradually emerge but I despair at time when even politicians talk about 'getting back to normal'. Ain't gonna happen! Going forward towards an eventual new-normal is what we might soon begin to do. Ain't happening right now though....
Old 07-09-2020, 04:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Labor Day weekend:

a new normal will happen. I really think people are going to become more aware of what's really going on. At the moment we just need people to relax a bit. November 3 the stupid elections will be done. I am from Wisconsin, a major battle ground state. Right now if you fart in public it becomes political. After that winter will set in, then people will retreat to the warmth of there homes. Less violence in the streets and, covid-19 cases will hopefully start dropping as well. So the light is at the end of the tunnel. 2021 will be better. One thing I love about winter it always seems to cleanse and give rest to restless. Spring time in a fresh beginning.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
a new normal will happen. I really think people are going to become more aware of what's really going on. At the moment we just need people to relax a bit. November 3 the stupid elections will be done. I am from Wisconsin, a major battle ground state. Right now if you fart in public it becomes political. After that winter will set in, then people will retreat to the warmth of there homes. Less violence in the streets and, covid-19 cases will hopefully start dropping as well. So the light is at the end of the tunnel. 2021 will be better. One thing I love about winter it always seems to cleanse and give rest to restless. Spring time in a fresh beginning.

I hope you are right.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
I hope you are right.
Me too, hahah. I been hearing a lot of positive talk coming from the kenosha thing. Not sure if you heard about it. A lot of people are talking about rebuilding it better and coming out of it stronger. It's nice to hear something positive from the news. We can only hope that type of attitude spreads instead of all the negative. We are so much better than all the negative **** we see on the news.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Oh, Jeez, I so hope all the positivity isn't misplaced.....

Talk of returning to normal is plain barmy and even a new normal may take a very long time to establish - and we likely will not care for it one bit.

OK I'm Mr Half-full as my wife loves to remind me but the depth-of-tint of some folk's rose-tinted glasses is such that they may not be seeing very clearly at all - more wishful thinking than realism.

I just HOPE I'm wrong, I hope the virus mutates into a near-benign version that just gives folk the sniffles mentioned by a certain national leader some months ago. But it probably won't happen like that.

Where are all those who claim they can look into the future? What are your predictions along with the relevant time frame?
Old 06-09-2020, 04:44 AM
Knower
I just finished about two an a half hours of DnD, and we expect to play again Monday afternoon. That is, we hope that occurs. Two of the party disappeared during play early in the evening. That was probably because they live in lower East Texas, and are experiencing power issues after Hurricane Laura went through there a week ago.

The other thing planned is to play with my new mandoline some more. That's a kitchen tool (for slicing, julienne, and cubing) not a musical instrument
Old 06-09-2020, 10:34 PM
Master
i jus wishh soasll distain wz a disatn mememryy but i no no no tim son sooon i no

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔