Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-07-2022, 08:27 AM
Seeker

Talking to the deceased, I need to know if he’s real

I’ve always been able to feel spirits, sometimes see them, sometimes talk to them. When my partner passed away, I was surprised to find a year later he was suddenly beside me on the couch one night, I could feel his presence, his everything. I could not see him. Ever since I talk to him all the time, and feel him very close to me. This has been going on for two years. I never grieved because it’s like he’s with me each day.

But yesterday I read that’s it’s just demons in disguise, taking on the deceased person, mimicking them, I heard that was a thing. He has never said anything malicious to me ever in two years, and I have never felt any sort of horrible presence. I know what malignant spirits feel like. It seems in traditional societies like in Haiti etc and other places they say malignant spirits do this, that they mimic our loved ones to disturb our life.

I’m so very confused, I feel his strong presence every day all day, he is always nearby, and I don’t know what to do, whether to ignore it. If it’s even him. I find this so hard. I think the reason he is here, is because I dreamt and have long known, including other people’s dreams that I would die young, and maybe that’s why he’s near me, to be some sort of help.
Old 27-07-2022, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violathesiren
... in Haiti etc and other places they say malignant spirits do this, that they mimic our loved ones to disturb our life.

I’m so very confused, ... maybe that’s why he’s near me, to be some sort of help.
Well, do you feel disturbed?
Seems to me what's disturbing you is other people's fears and their warnings; that's what created the confusion, LOL....
not your partner's visits. I say enjoy his visits! :)
Good luck with this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-07-2022, 12:36 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by violathesiren
But yesterday I read that’s it’s just demons in disguise, taking on the deceased person, mimicking them, I heard that was a thing. He has never said anything malicious to me ever in two years, and I have never felt any sort of horrible presence. I know what malignant spirits feel like.

People who are afraid of spiritual beliefs will say this. This fear seems prevalent in some Christian denominations. It's sad really. If this were not your partner, then I think you'd know something wasn't right. You know he doesn't feel malignant. So toss out what you've read and trust your gut.
Old 27-07-2022, 02:49 PM
Knower

1) What does your intuition tell you?
2) what's the most likely explanation? (him, or demon mimicking him)
Old 27-07-2022, 06:44 PM
Master

A couple of thoughts.

The fact that it was a year after his passing before you felt your partner's presence in your home is not surprising. Various sources suggest that new arrivals on the astral plane are discouraged from revisiting those still in the physical until they have adjusted to their new surroundings.

Because for those who are recently departed, the physical plane can still have a strong attraction. It is not helpful for the person who has physically died to be hanging round the physical plane. They need to become established in their new astral environment, and then they can travel back and forth if they wish.

And time is experienced differently in the astral realms. For you, a year of Earth time had passed before he appeared. For him, it might only have felt like a very short period.

Regarding whether it is genuinely your partner or a mischievous entity imitating him, as Bluto says, trust your intuition. Does it feel right? What kind of energies are you picking up from his presence? If you feel comfortable then it probably is your partner. If ever you start feeling uneasy in his presence then that might be a warning sign.

And don't be surprised if a time comes when he stops visiting. It may be that for now he just wants to be sure you are OK without him. Or it may be that at some stage he moves on to an astral realm which is further removed from the Earth plane, and then his previous physical existence is less important. It is not that he will no longer care, but he will know that when the time is right you will meet again.

Hope this helps.

Peace
Old 27-07-2022, 08:03 PM
Administrator
I fully agree with what iamthat and Bluto have said

Namaste
Old 28-07-2022, 04:48 AM
Seeker

My gosh this was such a helpful answer, lots of things to consider. It’s mostly feels very warm and inviting, like I’m home in his presence. It’s supportive and very loving. It never feels awful. But intuitively I do feel it could be a spirit. I don’t feel like he would depart from heavenly or other realms so often, so much. But I don’t know. Lots to consider, thanks for taking the time to answer and everybody else as well.

[quote=iamthat]A couple of thoughts.

The fact that it was a year after his passing before you felt your partner's presence in your home is not surprising. Various sources suggest that new arrivals on the astral p

Last edited by Native spirit : 28-07-2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old 28-07-2022, 06:43 PM
Master

Hi violathesiren

Glad that you found it helpful.

Peace
Old 28-07-2022, 08:02 PM
Administrator
Please remember the quote rule no more than two or three sentences

Namaste