Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-01-2022, 08:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
@ Busby and sky: conversely are you aware of any good forces in the world?

I have never been aware of any forces. Except of course those natural and elementary forces which surround us - gravity and so on. That there are things or conditions we call good or bad is clear - they balance on the same fulcrum as a seesaw. If you don't want to be stuck either up or down it's best to get as near to the balancing point as possible.

Everything has its opposite, heat compared to coldness for example. We (in our condition) can only live where the heat and the cold cancel each other out, where a balance is found for the prevailing state.

Some people call this 'the middle way' some call it 'keeping to the path' - it's best not to let the world confuse you.

You are responsible for yourself and for your total enviroment. Your experience(s) let you position yourself on the seesaw - amongst your seesawing neighbours.

You don't have to do as you are told.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 21-01-2022, 08:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout

Dark forces are all around us, and within you... have you ever studied the 7 deadly sins?

I would call them 'Vices' rather than 'Deadly Sins' which can be overcome with the seven corresponding Virtues of Humility, Charity, Chastity, Gratitude, Temperance, Patience, and Diligence. Unwholesome Vices become Wholesome Virtues
Old 21-01-2022, 03:02 PM
Master
Death is a construction of the inner life- dreams are close to it**do you die if you die in dreams?** no, you only die when your subconscious dies- it’s hard not to place hate with reincarnation- the death process… thankful there’s suspended animation…that deals with the majority of death experiences.. I have seen my fair share of accidents with cause and affect and felt the effects right into my next reincarnation… deaf/blind- sentenced to be bound by silence—- accidents that keep you hushed- hard not to project hatred.. it’s a violent life—- learning to understand the pain is actually change* the future self with their masks of making a change with it through process/ progress ‘time’—- that change is the love- the father- not the reincarnation the father- unfortunately we are immortal at the real bodies’ they seem to be lost, for what’s the better force of light and hate & love- it takes a lot to change your heart to love the process not hate it- to be undead by your 20th reincarnation- finding enough images seem futile… revolving to see if healing and other abilities have encoded into our light… love for the love of dying in the name of lost teleportation- when we all know we are teleporters/ it’s process is every where- leaves, matter,electricity, water, processs of vaporisation and incremental decomposition…decomposing… hate is hard to remove from the heart when you were born as a teleporter and all that effort has been a lost cause’ at least someone is happy- but we will get there in the END! Much love- for freedom to love your death!! And befriend what cuts and begins…. See the bright side when each day begins but unsatisfied..just reach..

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 22-01-2022, 01:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I would call them 'Vices' rather than 'Deadly Sins' which can be overcome with the seven corresponding Virtues of Humility, Charity, Chastity, Gratitude, Temperance, Patience, and Diligence. Unwholesome Vices become Wholesome Virtues

In the Roman Catholic church, they are deadly, but vice makes sense to me too.

When spiritual rot sets into the heart, it's deadly.??

However, God is always there.. to heal and forgive. But can you turn away when you are sick? I guess it takes a very deep blow to know you need help.

English Standard Version
for the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.

Heaven's gates will not be open forever, you are in or you are out. If the will is there, you will get there... they are closed or opened from our side.

It's all up to you. How else can it be, God is love. What drags us away? Demons? Dark forces?

Could be...

Right now, stop and say, Holy God, Thine will be done. With all your heart and soul. Look, you are on your way....

Last edited by Nowayout : 22-01-2022 at 02:49 AM.
Old 22-01-2022, 02:49 PM
Molearner

Quote:

It's all up to you. How else can it be, God is love. What drags us away? Demons? Dark forces?

Nowayout,

Yes, it is all up to us. I would suggest that one of the things that drags us away is our desire to find a scapegoat to blame rather than ourselves. Life is not some Hollywood script where one hero destroys something evil. We construct our own demons chiefly in the form of unchecked ego. This is what separates us from God. Our task is to control ourselves pure and simple.
Old 22-01-2022, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Nowayout,

We construct our own demons chiefly in the form of unchecked ego. This is what separates us from God. Our task is to control ourselves pure and simple.

What I find frustrating with this "Christian forum" is that it's more of a Hindu/Buddhist mix of ideas? The ego and all that...

Enlightenment, controlling ourselves is good and part of the process no doubt.

I go to other Christian forums and they will argue all day about the true nature of Jesus, and salvation in Christ.

Is enlightenment the only process in "Christian Salvation"?

There very well could be other forces at work here...
Old 22-01-2022, 05:24 PM
Molearner

Quote:
What I find frustrating with this "Christian forum" is that it's more of a Hindu/Buddhist mix of ideas? The ego and all that... ...

Nowayout,

Christians have allowed Eastern philosophies appropriate such words as ego, meditation, enlightenment, etc……this ignores the implications in the Bible of each of these words. You mentioned the seven deadly sins…..pride being the first and recognized as the most grievous. One can easily see the connection of pride and ego. John 3:30….”He(Christ) must become greater; I must become less.” What else can this mean besides subduing our egos ? Yes, one must exercise caution if mixing ideas…..but one should not put limitations on vocabulary if it aids a deeper and more complete understanding.
Old 22-01-2022, 05:44 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
... One can easily see the connection of pride and ego. John 3:30….”He(Christ) must become greater; I must become less.”
What else can this mean besides subduing our egos ?
Excellent.
I have NEVER noticed this verse, thank you! From the NIV, I see.
KJV 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-01-2022, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
What I find frustrating with this "Christian forum" is that it's more of a Hindu/Buddhist mix of ideas? The ego and all that...
I agree. In many ways the whole of Spiritual Forums leans very much to the East. Western spirituality is so out of fashion.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-01-2022, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Nowayout,

One can easily see the connection of pride and ego. John 3:30….”He(Christ) must become greater; I must become less.” What else can this mean besides subduing our egos ? Yes, one must exercise caution if mixing ideas…..but one should not put limitations on vocabulary if it aids a deeper and more complete understanding.

When John the Baptist mentions that "He must become greater as I must become less", he was referring to the fact that Jesus was the true messiah, the true son of God.

It had nothing to do with ego. Jesus came to John and he was baptized by him at the Jordan, John felt it should be the other way round but not for reasons of the ego..

​Reasons why Jesus was baptized by John

To identify himself with sinners.
To be identified by John.
To be introduced to the crowd as the messiah.
To fulfill all righteousness.
It symbolized his death and resurrection.
To show that he was ready to start his work.
To acknowledge the work of John the Baptist as his forerunner.

30He must increase, but I must decrease. 31He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.

John 3, 30-31