Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-01-2022, 10:21 AM
Master
The First Prayer.

If Prayer is a Dialogue between God and another was the first Prayer in the Bible the Dialogue between God and Adam ? (Genesis 3). I personally see it being the first recorded in Scriptures.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
If Prayer is a Dialogue between God and another was the first Prayer in the Bible the Dialogue between God and Adam ? (Genesis 3). I personally see it being the first recorded in Scriptures.

Sky, when we pray, who is the one who really listens and knows? We usually do it internally so all those around hear nothing, this is a very intimate thing for it is only us and God, but then again, who is the one who really listens and is aware and even knows before hand the heart of our prayer? It is the Inner Self, the most inner nature of man, there where the divine spark shines brighter then the Sun, there were the Kingdom of Heaven is. So by this astonishing shift in awareness, one knows 100% that his/her prayers are heard for how can not deeper parts know the most outer parts of self when the most outer surface is born out of the very core of man?

Prayers are heard for the totality of "You" is hearing them, the simple explanation.

Just my humble opinion based on this expansion of my awareness that let me see more into the nature of man.

I know this is a little bit offtopic but I feel it is of great importance for many lack this kind of awareness...
Old 07-01-2022, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan

I know this is a little bit offtopic but I feel it is of great importance for many lack this kind of awareness...

The one who's Praying and the one being prayed to become one , imo
Old 08-01-2022, 04:21 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky

Nope! The first Dialogue between God and another, was when God said to his co-workers, "And now, Let us make man in our image and likeness". Not that I think that was a prayer.
Old 08-01-2022, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
Nope! The first Dialogue between God and another, was when God said to his co-workers, "And now, Let us make man in our image and likeness". Not that I think that was a prayer.

I was referring to ' The first Prayer ' not God speaking ......
Old 08-01-2022, 10:09 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I was referring to ' The first Prayer ' not God speaking ......

Nope! These are your exact words; "If Prayer is a Dialogue between God and another was the first Prayer in the Bible the Dialogue between God and Adam ? (Genesis 3). I personally see it being the first recorded in Scriptures.

So, please explain how you see the dialogue between God and Adam as being a prayer?
Old 08-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Nope! These are your exact words; "If Prayer is a Dialogue between God and another was the first Prayer in the Bible the Dialogue between God and Adam ? (Genesis 3).

So, please explain how you see the dialogue between God and Adam as being a prayer?

Because God spoke and Adam answered
Old 08-01-2022, 10:26 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Because God spoke and Adam answered

That was a dialogue between the two, not a prayer. In fact the first words that the Lord spoke to Adam was an order; "“You may eat the fruit of any tree in the garden, except the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad. You must not eat the fruit of that tree; if you do, you will die the same day.”

And you see that as a prayer, do you?

God spoke to his co-creators and they answered by obeying him in the creation of mankind.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:01 AM
Quote:
And you see that as a prayer, do you?
If sky sees that as a prayer, so be it.
You do not have to see it that way.
This topic was not meant to define prayer according to your definition.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-01-2022, 11:09 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
If sky sees that as a prayer, so be it.
If sky believes that a dialog between two people is a prayer, then so be it, but I don't believe
that there are too many who would agree with her.