Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-12-2021, 08:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And it can also help the spirit to say many things...that is of no help necessarily to the living, but only to the spirit communicating.
As I explained earlier, in the religion, philosopy, science and movement that influences my thinking being a medium is different from simply communicating with discarnate entities. And helping only either an incarnate or a discarnate communicator is not mediumship.
Quote:
Why limit the reason for the connection to the spirit, I say.
I saw nothing that involved limiting connection to the spirit.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:05 PM
Deactivated Account
I've explained as clearly as I can what my religion teaches me a medium is.

But I am now in the Christianity forum - highly unusual for me but mediumship is my specialty - so I would be very interested to hear how the Christian Church explains to its Christian adherents what a medium is.

any offers?
Old 10-12-2021, 01:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
But I am now in the Christianity forum - highly unusual for me but mediumship is my specialty - so I would be very interested to hear how the Christian Church explains to its Christian adherents what a medium is.

any offers?

Bobjob,

Basically it teaches caution. Unless one has the specific gift of the Holy Spirit to distinguish spirits(good or bad). Otherwise one is faced with testing the spirits a task that is not easy. The wish of God is that we seek him directly….using a go between to your task is potentially fraught with danger. People rely too much on others to inform them of truth. We must own our truths….not borrow them from someone else.
Old 10-12-2021, 04:19 AM
Master
Quote:
I've explained as clearly as I can what my religion teaches me a medium is.
any offers?
If you look at history, when the word Medium was first used, it does not fall in the category you use. The word Medium and Mediumship has had multiple definitions. Some hold to what the original meaning meant and some hold to other variations. This issue over what a Medium is has been an issue of friction and probably hurt feelings supported by apparent obvious divisions created over 'rules'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 10-12-2021, 07:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Bobjob,

Basically it teaches caution. Unless one has the specific gift of the Holy Spirit to distinguish spirits(good or bad).

Please forgive my bluntness but that's not what I asked. I explained how my own religion teaches its adherents what it means to be a medium. For me it's very simple which is one reason why I'm guided by its teachings.

I was hoping someone could explain what Christianity tells Christians a medium is and/or what a medium does.

As I am not a Christian you wouldn't usually find me in this forum but mediumship is one of my specialities and has been raised for discussion specifically by members who I'm assuming are Christians. If they're not I'd ask why unless - of course -they're investigating becoming adherents to that religion.

I'm here to investigate the difference of approach of the two religions towards mediumship.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
The wish of God is that we seek him directly….using a go between to your task is potentially fraught with danger. People rely too much on others to inform them of truth. We must own our truths….not borrow them from someone else.

That's explaining Christianity rather than mediumship.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Basically it teaches caution. Unless one has the specific gift of the Holy Spirit to distinguish spirits(good or bad). Otherwise one is faced with testing the spirits a task that is not easy.

On the first point, anyone who's read what I've often written about mediumship will find that exercising caution is something I routinely counsel seekers to do.

I can't speak about having "the specific gift of the Holy Spirit...." but in my religion we speak of working for the spirit.

As for (quote) "testing the spirits" well that's something we adherents are always taught and I do agree with you - it's a task that's not easy.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:03 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you look at history, when the word Medium was first used, it does not fall in the category you use.
Whatever a study of history may reveal the religion whose teachings underpin my understanding and my approach is very clear about what mediumship and being a medium are.

I explained that earlier.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The word Medium and Mediumship has had multiple definitions. Some hold to what the original meaning meant and some hold to other variations. This issue over what a Medium is has been an issue of friction and probably hurt feelings supported by apparent obvious divisions created over 'rules'.

With the greatest respect, I had simply asked what Christianity teaches its adherents a medium is.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:11 AM
Master
Quote:
so I would be very interested to hear how the Christian Church explains to its Christian adherents what a medium is.

any offers?

Different Denominations have varied ideas. The Anglicans at one time actually did a ' Study ' which apparently was never Published but I did find an interesting Article......

' If Spiritualism, with all aberrations set aside and with every care taken to present it humbly and accurately, contains a truth, it is important to see that truth not as a new religion, but only as filling up certain gaps in our knowledge, so that where we already walked by faith, we may now have some measure of sight as well.'

It's quite lengthy but 'some' might enjoy reading it,
http://www.survivalafterdeath.info/a...her/church.htm