Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-09-2021, 11:08 AM
Master
One of the hardest things to come to terms with.

This is that we are on our own. Friends, family, partners, God etc. all help in little ways, but the ultimatum is that every one of us is on their own. This does of course give us some freedom. But there is no such thing as a knight in shining armour who will ride in to save us.

It is up to us to save ourselves. To be ourselves. To manage ourselves.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-09-2021, 02:01 PM
hazada guess

We are never on our own. I have been in a few tricky situations in my life and have always come out of them feeling that something/somebody is watching over me, steering me in the right direction. Be it God or Guides etc.I always seem to find the right direction in the end.
Old 27-09-2021, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
This is that we are on our own.

And God helps those who help themselves (Well from my personal experiences)
Old 27-09-2021, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
We are never on our own. I have been in a few tricky situations in my life and have always come out of them feeling that something/somebody is watching over me, steering me in the right direction. Be it God or Guides etc.I always seem to find the right direction in the end.

SPOT ON!

The unexplainable comes forth and 'saves the day'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-09-2021, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
This is that we are on our own. Friends, family, partners, God etc. all help in little ways, but the ultimatum is that every one of us is on their own. This does of course give us some freedom. But there is no such thing as a knight in shining armour who will ride in to save us.

Yes.

And a religion that emphasizes this strongly (but is also rarely discussed here) is Jainism.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:29 AM
Master

never mind
Old 03-10-2021, 03:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
never mind

Why not? ....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Why not? ....

honestly, I had something I thought was kind to say to you and I wanted to say it, but after a while I thought I was stirring up trouble and it was best to let it be.

but i did like what you said. I thought it wise
Old 06-10-2021, 04:32 PM
Master

Honza … your perception is one of the most formidable crossroads on the Path. Through countless hundreds of thousands of lifetimes … ( a rather conservative number ) … we are a social animal. We enjoy … others. We often rely … on others. We appreciate them as individuals.

And yet … there comes a time to walk away … or more correctly … walk beyond … not out of defiance or resentment or privilege or because of a superlative stance … but because it is time to learn what you sense what is beyond … and you want to know … and you eventually find that individuals are not your companion anymore … but LIFE is … and this is monumental on the Path.

Both viewpoints are correct … in the sense that you do all of this as an individual … but … you do not … nor can you … do all of this of and within your own “powers.” You do this … by discovering what you were all along … you are a knowing aspect of Divine Spirit … so it is Divine Spirit that actually “does” it all … you just direct IT … to the best of your understanding and ability. And IT will not be so directed unless and until you become SO much a part of IT that IT cannot agree and comply … according to what IT feels necessary or beneficial in whatever scenario you try to bring forth.

Obviously … this turns into your full-time lifestyle … attained only because you earned it through effort and devotion. But to give up the familiarity of the masses around you … is a tough, tough step. Go slowly … be acceptant of Self and of others … and keep looking forward.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 06-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with hazada Guess

Namaste