Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-08-2020, 07:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Fascinating reading.....

Glad your enjoying it. When you're finished have a look at some of the Hindu Masters Teachings, I think you'll enjoy Nisargadatta ' I am that '.

You can download it for FREE...
Old 12-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What is the name of the book?

The Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Hinduism

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Glad your enjoying it. When you're finished have a look at some of the Hindu Masters Teachings, I think you'll enjoy Nisargadatta ' I am that '.

It all gets a bit mind blowing. My head is full of ideas already. I think I have owned that book twice in the past and have always passed it on.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:36 AM
Master
Quote:
It all gets a bit mind blowing. My head is full of ideas already. I think I have owned that book twice in the past and have always passed it on.

It's not for you....
Old 12-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Am I the center of my own universe? Is everything within me and outside me my own self? I often wonder these questions. Here at this forum I meet many different people. Are you all me? Am I you?

Hinduism alludes to such truths. What if it was right?

When each of us humans and sheep and snakes came into this world by the process of birth we each created ourselves from a 'blueprint' or as Rudolf Steiner and later Rupert Sheldrake called it 'A morphic field'. Each of us, whatever we may be, created ourselves out of this blueprint whether in a mother's womb or in an egg or of a seed.We are all varying aspects of the same thing. We are, each of us, a shimmer of the same substance in differing degrees. The world in which we find ourselves is a reflection of our consciousness in relation to those surrounds which define 'where our place is'. That outside ourselves has a great influence on our happiness or sadness. What you do with it is up to you.

The place where we are and how we accept it as this thing called life depends upon the total of the universe's universal action and our reflected response.

This shows itself in evolution. The involved processes over eons of time allow many possible combinations of energies to form and to vanish in a continuous state of change. We, during this evolution time, exist on two planes; the mental and the physical. The mental plane - the mind, recognised mainly as such as our imagination, is dependent upon where we are 'at home'. A sheep is much happier in a grassy field than in a lorry.
Our physical existence is dependent upon what our mental energies can make of the 'stuff' that is put to use at our discretion when mirroring our conceptions.
This is how nature, the universe, god, mind visualises 'life' whether as a human or as a spider.
There are times when my imagination allows me to carry the concept of 'you are me' because nothing exists that is not part of the rest.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 14-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Pathfinder
That it's all one, is in the center of almost all religions and many spiritual traditions, from the West to the East. The danger becomes when it all starts to become very generalized, this is generally done with Buddhism and Hinduism in the West. In general Hinduism is very often used for all kind of modern beliefs as ''law of attraction...'' and all this generalization... are from my point of view a reflection of the culture in which we live. We live in a highly individualistic culture, and modern popular spiritual beliefs are just a reflection of this. Usually they are taken out from different traditions and religions, often modified to the extent that they support individualistic culture. Let's just take Yoga for example. While Yoga is as such a deeply spiritual practice,..or meditaton..in the west, this is modified..the spiritual aspect of it is usually removed, so Yoga becomes athletics and gymnastics with the logo of some monk, hipsters are pretty much in trend today..that are based or take from ''counter culture'' of the 60's on, but today hipsters does not have much to do with ''love, peace,equality..''quite the opposite, the are presenting High Fashion models, fashion trends... and meditation become a technique for stress relief. Also there is a big rejection of anykind of ''worshiping, devotion, praying..'' this seems to remind people strongly of Christianity which many try to escape and find something else. Buddhism separates such things on ''self power = more or less exclusively psychology and other power = deities, praying...''Seeing unity in everything, wise men like Socrates, Plato, Confucius...had (try) to teach people their entire life that people could see beyond ''their own ego..''' even Einstein said ''Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and it's beauty...'' I think to see unity in everything, embrace all as one, with compassion...I think this is truly a lifelong school.
Old 14-08-2020, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
Let's just take Yoga for example. While Yoga is as such a deeply spiritual practice,..or meditaton..in the west, this is modified..the spiritual aspect of it is usually removed, so Yoga becomes athletics and gymnastics with the logo of some monk

That depends on your yoga teacher. Some stay close to the theoretical material, some don't. There is so much variation. It's up to you what kind of practice and teachers fits. Why judge others for being into the athletics side?

I have been with both type of teachers and I prefer a down-to-earth teacher that focusses on the practice and not all the 'theory' and belief systems that may surround the practice. You may not want your teacher to infect you with his/her interpretations of your experience.