Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I hear many people say that you go to hell if you don't believe in Christianity. That includes other religions out there who would make the same claim. I cannot make myself believe no matter what and I have researched all I could into everything I could possibly read into, and I just have to remain undecided. My undecided mindset is the result of a truly honest open mind and open heart. Will I go to hell since I could not believe? Furthermore, do I need to dedicate and serve my life to a God who I don't even believe in the first place in order to be saved from hell?

Please take note that I have tried everything I possibly could and I still cannot believe. There are many other people out there who have tried as well with a truly open mind and heart (for many years, btw) and they cannot believe either. As for those who did believe who claimed they finally realized the truth, I have no way of knowing if they did not keep an open mind like me and that it was their close mindedness that lead them to believe or not.

As for me, there is no way to convince me and I am officially done trying to seek out the Lord. I have no further interest and I am not going to waste my life for what might be years and years over something that might not even be true in the first place. So, why am I here then if nothing can convince me? It is because I am simply wondering if I would go to hell anyway (providing Christianity or other religions are real) over a disbelief that I was genuine and honest about.

I am a kind and respectful person, but I only live for my own good feelings. I have no interest in helping others. So, is that a good enough heart that would earn my way into heaven or not?

Why did you seek to believe? I suppose it was because in case there was a hell that you would be saved?

So it was all about what you tried to do for you.

While all the while, there is nothing you can do to save you. It honestly is not about you.

Even if you could find all the evidences you needed to intellectually persuade you that there is an Almighty Creator God and that the bible is true, that in itself would not bring salvation to you.

Why don't you just try a total different approach - the childlike one.

Pray to the God of creation to reveal Truth to you and to give you the kind of faith He requires and to save you in every possible way that you need to be saved in the way that He requires Salvation to come. And then you trust that He will do it all. He will then get all the glory and not you!
Old 06-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Knower
I'm not going to judge you for your beliefs, but all I can say is to live a good life and know that you're not going to end up in a fiery lake.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 06-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Master
no
my dad wz afest but i no his doin ok in spirt wold i no
i blevde in god bit i dnt belve in relgin i dnt for reson its carz msu bad fealins it duz
im mor of spirsl /humets persn i am it min im in 2 coletin buda orntmets ia m bt im still a sprshlt humt persn i am
do i go 2 chrsh evry day no only fr wwdins/crisotn funrelss i do
do i yell it god yes i do
sum tims i say horbt thngs 2 god i do lk why me why did u let ths id suffr i do
do i feal bad ues yes i do but my dad wz a afetst he woz sush a lovin man he woz i gt a rsin onse off sum 1 not on hear thy tld me he wz ok his still arnd me its all i need 2 no orht day i got a fethr on my dor step wish i kpt coz i new it woz off my dad
dnt wory abot it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 07-07-2017, 03:52 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChic99
I'm not going to judge you for your beliefs, but all I can say is to live a good life and know that you're not going to end up in a fiery lake.

We were created not for ourselves but for the glory of the Lord God.
You can glorify Him by receiving His Kindness and the Redemption through His Son Jesus, or His glory will be revealed in His Holy Judgment and wrath over sin and unrighteousness in your life.

It's not about you, it's all about Him. Position yourself wisely in order to receive Life.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundana66
the problem as I see it, is which hell would you go to? Christian hell? Muslim hell?

You don't have to go to any hell.

Here is the Gospel:

https://youtu.be/4NtYB1geYQk
Old 14-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
Matt.

I wish I knew the answer to your question. I was raised Southern Baptist and said all my life that I believed.. but WHAT did I believe in? I didn't even know until I got into my thirties. I began to question everything.

I SO BADLY want to believe in all the bible says, but its very very hard to.
Something just doesn't feel right and like you I CANNOT believe.

This has left me wondering if maybe calvinism is true. The chosen are already chosen. There is nothing we can do about it.

BUT, it also makes me wonder if maybe religion is just man made.

I DO believe in God. I DO believe he created all, what I don't understand is how God can be both Love and what the bible says he is.
I do believe in Jesus, but I don't understand how is death saved us? I don't understand the sacrifice of blood?
I want to understand it, Its all I think about, pray about, research.. and yet still I don't get it.

Either I am dumb, a lost cause, or something doesn't measure up.

You are not dumb or a lost cause..you are right , something doesn't measure up. Too many contradictions. So so many, anyone quoting the bible to you will always have an answer ready. Ask yourself if it makes sense.
Use your mind do not be part of the flock unless you are without question
Old 21-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Experiencer

"a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods" is a short definition.

When I read your post Matt-honestly-I read that you say you are an aethist, but yet your questioning on whether or not your going to go to hell?

the bible verse Jeremiah 29:11 came to mind.
Old 21-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Master
sisne all funrels iv bean 2 bean humst it mad me in 2 a humsted spirtsl persn i stil wnt 2 go 2 sprustl chrch im word ill enjy so mush ill be ther all tim coz i belve in aftr lif id o

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
sisne all funrels iv bean 2 bean humst it mad me in 2 a humsted spirtsl persn i stil wnt 2 go 2 sprustl chrch im word ill enjy so mush ill be ther all tim coz i belve in aftr lif id o

i didn't really understand all that you were saying. but i did understand the "afterlife" part, and there's no such thing, sorry! Jehovah God and Jesus clearly speaks of plain ole death. until the resurrection time hits ,(Acts 24:15).

he told Adam that he would surely die if he ate from a certain tree. not go into an "afterlife", (Gen. 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die).
Old 22-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Master
There is no human condition that God and Christ will not change; we all make it in the end, nobody is doomed. Atheism means absolutely nothing to God, just as religion means nothing to him. Condemnation is a human understanding , not a Godly one.

God will not loose ANY human. In Isaiah 66:9 God reveals this; " Shall I bring to birth and not cause to live? Shall I create and then shut the womb, ( or allow any human to not live with him)." God does not condemn, it is we and our beliefs that does that. We have been taught to condemn each other, by each other.