Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 24-07-2021, 05:44 PM
Ascender
Fish Owls

just wondering what people think of owls ~ anything special about them ?
Old 24-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Ascender

I live in an older wooded neighborhood. I've seen hawks and owls up close. And I hear owls hooting at night sometimes. Very cool. A couple of weeks ago it was really late and I was the only one up and I was psyching myself up to go to bed when our dog started barking at something outside. I couldn't get her to quiet down so I took her outside in the backyard to run around. Then I heard what she was hearing. It was a screeching sound that I've never heard before. After the dog ran around and checked our yard, we came inside. I got her settled back down in her crate for the night and I did a search for what bird makes a screeching sound at night. I was surprised that it was an owl. Silly me, I thought all owls when who whoooo. Learned something new that night, lol. Owls are cool.
Old 24-07-2021, 08:59 PM
Ascender
my ex wife had apparently studied some stuff about satanism for some reason unbeknownst to me and she said that owls were evil ~ then she wanted to move into this great big house way out in the country in the hills and woods ~ what you're talking about is a screech owl ~ our woods were full of them probably hundreds if not thousands of them ~ they were always screaming all night long ~ it was really scary ~ it sounded like a horror movie
Old 24-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Ascender
I was wondering if anyone had something good to say about them instead of just they are evil ~ I keep seeing them online in a positive light ~ the places that I go ~ I haven't heard anyone call them evil ~ but then again I'm not into satanism either

I was at a catholic thrift store and when I was checking out the girl picked out a cloth bag to put my stuff in and it had owls on it ~ she said "do you like owls ? "
and I said " someone told me they were evil " and she said "oh no" and threw the bag down and got me a different one
Old 25-07-2021, 04:08 PM
Ascender
OWL LORE

https://www.worldbirds.org/owl-symbolism/

https://smokymountainnews.com/archiv...egard-for-owls

https://www.owlpages.com/owls/articles.php?a=62

Last edited by Native spirit : 19-10-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 19-10-2021, 05:30 AM
Experiencer
It's my understanding that owls are considered evil from an association with witches, either as their familiars (guides) or as witches shapeshifted into them.

Athena, the Greek Goddess of Wisdom is usually depicted with an owl companion, leading them to be considered symbols of wisdom as well. I know I've seen more than a few wizards depicted with owls, likely as a carry-over from Athena.

I'm a big fan of owls, and often work with one such spirit. They are perceptive, with sharp eyes that see in the dark and ears that can hear a mouse beneath a foot of snow. Their feather edges are softened, letting them fly silently. I often find they have a sense of humor and lightheartedness; at least the ones I've worked with.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 19-10-2021, 07:02 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador
It's my understanding that owls are considered evil from an association with witches, either as their familiars (guides) or as witches shapeshifted into them.
Then there's the old saying "Wise as an owl"
Old 19-10-2021, 10:58 AM
Administrator
I the lawyers office that i use they have a statue of an owl standing on a pile of books because they say Owls are wise birds yet lawyers are called Legal Eagles

Namaste
Old 18-11-2021, 02:49 AM
Knower
On rare occasions, as I am about to drift towards the dream worlds, I will hear them outside my bedroom, hooting mysteriously.

Since they symbolize wisdom, they are good reminders that one is moving towards more enlightenment. Usually my dreams become very lucid and filled with wonder every time they visit.
Old 13-04-2022, 07:13 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
On rare occasions, as I am about to drift towards the dream worlds, I will hear them outside my bedroom, hooting mysteriously.

Since they symbolize wisdom, they are good reminders that one is moving towards more enlightenment.

That’s how I see them too. I love it when they’re calling each other near my home. I’ve often been known to be a tad tired the next day because I’ve stayed awake listening to them.