Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Guide
Jesus' Second Coming / Judgment Day

What is Jesus waiting for?

I think he's waiting for the undecided to choose between good and evil. I think most people in the world have good in their hearts, and Jesus knows that. And when the judgment comes, Jesus knows that the undecided won't make the cut. So he is being patient, and waiting for the undecided to make their choice: good or evil. He wants us to make the cut, but we must choose.

To Jesus, this isn't about choosing the right religion. This is about choosing the side of good and righteousness, love and kindness vs. evil and egregiousness, hate and exploitation. When Jesus returns, the earth will be given back to those who have chosen righteousness. Whether they knew about Jesus or not isn't important. What matters is that we had faith.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Master
I hope you don't mind if I share on your thread a song I wrote about Jesus' second coming, its called, "Do You Long For Jesus". I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0fpV2kHux8
Old 10-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Master
Hello,

In my view that Second Coming is about the discovery of the Christ energy within each of us. That was my understanding when I studied the teachings of Jesus.

The God of love does not punish poor choices or judge any choice as evil or wrong. Love recognizes inappropriate choices as a learning experience. Once we understand the teachings of Jesus is when, in my view, the 2nd Coming has arrived.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Master
Jesus isn't just going to come down and force those that are "bad" to behave properly. That would start to violate a persons freewill. We all have to make our decisions because we want to make them. We can not be forced to make that decision as such an act would violate freewill.

So then if you have those that help awaken others to what is a better lifestyle, and make more loving choices and fully embrace love you will find the second coming to be a mass second coming and not just one person coming to save the world. After all the world made the world the way it is. Why would someone come down and fix it? Why not give them the chance to make the world a better place, or a heaven on earth?
Old 10-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

In my view that Second Coming is about the discovery of the Christ energy within each of us. That was my understanding when I studied the teachings of Jesus.

The God of love does not punish poor choices or judge any choice as evil or wrong. Love recognizes inappropriate choices as a learning experience. Once we understand the teachings of Jesus is when, in my view, the 2nd Coming has arrived.

John

ditto...........
Old 10-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

John

So now, all we have to do is get other people to stop punishing everyone for 'evil' or poor choices?

Old 10-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Suspended
A while back, my son & I were out for lunch & a lady came up to us all excited, telling us that on a specific upcoming date, Jesus was going to return... & that we'd better get ready for some major changes. I've been trying not to lecture to my son too much, so I asked him what he thought about what she said. He told me, "I don't think it's about Jesus coming, but it's about us going to Jesus." I thought this was wise of him, at such a young age.
IMO, Jesus can also be called Christ, Spirit, Presence - whatever you call spirituality... & whatever belief helps you connect within spiritually.

In Luke 17, pharasees asked Jesus when the kingdom of God would come & Jesus responded that if people tell them to look here or look there, don't pay attention... For the kingdom of God doesn't come with observation - the kingdom of God is within you.

This scripture is amazing & influenced a whole new perspective for me.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
My son & I were out for lunch & a lady came up to us all excited, telling us that on a specific date, Jesus was going to return... & that we'd better get ready for some major changes. I've been trying not to lecture to my son too much, so I asked him what he thought about what she said. He told me, "I don't think it's about Jesus coming, but it's about us going to Jesus." I thought this was wise of him, at such a young age. And IMO, Jesus can also be called Christ, Spirit, Presence - whatever you call spirituality... & whatever belief helps you connect within spiritually.

In Luke 17, pharasees asked Jesus when the kingdom of God would come & Jesus responded that if people tell them to look here or look there, don't pay attention... For the kingdom of God doesn't come with observation - the kingdom of God is within you.

This scripture is amazing & influenced a whole new perspective for me.

Hmm. Very nice little vignette about what your son said, that is just beautiful.

And why is it we need to remind ourselves all the time some very important things that Jesus said. the kingdom is within us?

Old 10-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
So now, all we have to do is get other people to stop punishing everyone for 'evil' or poor choices?

Just to point to two examples -The proper action in the case of a serial rapist who has not only raped but tortured his victims is? The proper action in the case of the individual who murders is?

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Master
RabbiO has a point. We may all as eternal souls be waiting many lifetimes...an eternity still...for some to find their way back to the light.

In the interim...(acc'd to the texts) while we reach out with one hand, the hand of lovingkindness, we must pull back with the other...the hand of might and judgment...

That is, we must defend the innocent with all our might...it's our moral and often legal duty...and we must use our judgment in integrating persons who perpetrate violence (back) into society. Removal from society can be thought of as a punishment, or as a mercy (preventing harm/death, preventing bad karma for the violent individual, etc).

We can and should approach those who do violence with compassion and faith, and we can use tools of education and intervention, but above all we must minimise the suffering and create a social environment that is safe and loving for our young and for all those who are vulnerable (in fact we all want and need an environment free from violence and oppression)...

And that includes protecting one another from harm (violence) and the constant threat of harm (oppression).