Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Master
A Sanctuary For the Enlightened

Hi, I thought that I would make this thread for those who have experienced an Awakening, or Enlightenment, whatever you want to call it, it doesn't really matter because whatever we call it isn't that which was experienced, I thought that we could share our own inner Awakening.

Ever since my so called Awakening i love to read books on others, who have also Awakened, we all have our own way of describing our inner experience, for the reason we all have our own personalities.

I know it can be difficult to talk about our experience, most times we are seen as being someone who is saying that we have something that others don't have, and of course that's not true, the Enlightened see all as ONE, its just that there are those who cannot see this, they may see it intellectually but not through the inner SELF. There is nothing wrong with this, we are all what we are anyhow, we cannot be more than that.

But what we are is more than the mind body organism, of course the mind body is also part of what IS, but its more like the shadow of what IS, to be caught up in the belief that we are nothing more than the mind body, is to live a life of suffering.

In this Sanctuary for the Enlightened I hope we can share our own experiences, what brought us to this experience, how this experience changed our life, and how we like to share what we have experienced.

We all have our own metaphors, concepts and so on, we all know that this isn't what IS, but we also know that they can be pointers for those who are still searching.

So I thought that i would start of with my own experience:
Below is the actual experience, it was after many years of pain and suffering, I will go into this more further later on.

One night when I was just laying down to go to sleep I started to drift away into what seemed to be a void, I just let myself go with it, I drifted more and more into nothingness whatever that was
All of a sudden I was gone , there was no me, there was only pure space, I felt like I could see all the stars and planets, the whole Cosmos was opening, I say that I felt these things but the truth is as I said I wasn’t there.
There was a sense from within that this I was everything that there IS, in those seconds or minutes I can’t recall, I could feel every single soul, it was beautiful.
When I came back to the body, or was I always there ?, I was changed forever.
I remember I started to laugh, I didn’t really know why but it felt like I just found something that I was searching for the whole of my life, I wasn’t really searching for anything spiritual, well consciously that is, and this thing that I found had no name, nothing, it was just a feeling of great relief that every cell throughout my body knew of.
Now I was walking for the first time on above the earths surface, I now knew what Jesus meant by walking on the water, the **** of the world was far below my feet, it could no longer touch me or harm me, I was free at last.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 AM
Master
Old 05-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Master
I was always spiritual without knowing that I was or knowing anything about the label of spirituality, the first time I saw the Hare Krishna's singing and dancing in the city, I was stunned, something within me just clicked, I just had to find out more about these strange people, I knew that within me they would show me something that would change me forever.
So of I went reading all their books not really at that time understanding them intellectually, but there was an understanding deep within, the feeling of, yea, now I know, yes, I get it, its really hard to explain.
I was about 15 years old at this time, I was starting to feel like I didn’t belong here in this world, humans were like other creatures to me but I never told anyone, being 15 and all, a 15 year old had to be a 15 year old of course.
Because I felt I didn’t belong here I started to feel a little scared that one of these creatures called humans might hurt me, I was very shy and as my mother said, highly strung.
Through most of my life I did attract those who wanted to hurt me, I was sexually abused by an older man when I was about 13 years old, this seem to continue throughout my younger life. I once had a man who held a knife to me and made me do all sorts of things, I was so scared. I later shared a unit with a friend who sold drugs, here my life was threatened twice, again I had a knife to me asking me where the drugs were.
After I was shot I withdrew from the world, I started to develop what I know now as schizophrenia, I was paranoid with people I didn’t know and started to hear voices, I couldn’t even go into a coffee shop, when I tried to I could hear all these voices laughing at me, saying things like, look at him who does he think he is coming into here, I also had voices arguing in my head, one would be cursing me and the other would be defending me, I was in between these voices, it was hell.
This continued on for a few years until one day I just lost it, I was doing a job for an elderly couple from church, I was doing gardening and was bushing a wheel barrow with clippings when all of a sudden I could see the elderly couple all dismembered lying in the wheel barrow, it freaked me right out.

After this is when I had my experience that I have already shared, as above.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Master
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Master
There is no one who will visit this thread that is not already there, so there lol.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Master
I was so detached after reading that book. But that detachment was dangerous, yes that was not the right path. Now I am more mature to realize it. To be Continued……..
Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Master
Ever since this experience of awakening, I have now seen life through my inner eye, i don't know what that really is but its a since of seeing everything as it really is.

I see the other sex, my own sex as my sisters and brothers, my mother and father, its like I belong to a big family. I don't see my self as an Australian, i see myself as a being that is part of the earth, not just one little piece that I wave a flag over, and even die for.
I see myself as part of the Cosmos, in my awakening i could see all around me, space, the planets, everything, it was like i was expanded throughout the whole Cosmos, like a giant rubber band, this rubber band was all that there was.

I could feel my every cell in everyone else's body, for i was one body.......for sometime after I would be over whelmed with emotional pain, I could feel the pain of all around me, it took me awhile to be able to balance myself and not get too involved in the world, i knew i had to be in the world but not of the world, this is much harder than it sounds.

Well this is a little bit more of my own experience, and remember, its my experience, it doesn't have to be that way for anyone else, because you will have your own experience, and I am still looking forward to hear them.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
I was so detached after reading that book. But that detachment was dangerous, yes that was not the right path. Now I am more mature to realize it. To be Continued……..
Hi Thinker, can I ask what that book was ?.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Deactivated Account

When I find my diary I will gladly add my first Awakening.

Absolutely amazing, I can find no diary entry for it at all! Its like it never happened! How could I have not written about it! This is bizarre!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Master
John 14:6
Jesus said unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

Imagine if you or I said this, what would happen ?, these words by Jesus are words spoken from his inner Being, he was making the inner Consciousness personal, the father being pure Consciousness.

When we realize this truth, we also are now One with the Source, or the father if you like, we are in fact now the truth, the way, the life, if it was good enough for this man Jesus to utter these words its also good enough for you and I.

Be bold, and know your rightful place in the Cosmos, don't shy away because of what others may say, speak the truth, with truth.