Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-10-2021, 10:21 AM
Master

Hi MH,

I agree with your point that what many critics of New Age refer to as lazy spirituality is actually age old spiritual discipline, esp. when it comes to things like Yoga, Martial Arts and Chi Kung. This is much harder work than just going to church once a week to compare clothes and catch up with friends. In fact my biggest criticism towards traditional religions is that they don't teach spiritual discipline and practices such as breathwork or the correct posture. Demonising it as in the above case and calling it Satanic is just asinine.

Hi Lorelyen,

There is for sure plenty to criticise about New Age, starting with Theosophy from the 1920s onwards. In fact, prior to WW2 the New Age craze was probably bigger than today, high society was going from seance to seance and falling for various charlatans, fake Yogis and Gurus. Some of these New Age movements, like the Thule Society in Germany for instance, did real harm in influencing the beliefs and actions of unhinged political leaders.

Still, I think it would be a mistake to throw the baby out with the bathwater, there is plenty of value in studying the original traditions these New Age beliefs were based on.
Old 22-10-2021, 05:26 PM
Master

Having experienced the upgrade, New Age information one finds such information can be (is) incorporated into (any) current belief system. It is not anti anything or conflict. Adopting New Age information does not mean one has to toss away their old system or information. New Age is not about some complete change but more times an enlightenment in parts to it, information. A person does not have to give up their old system. I have not changed my old system, only I have.
Old 22-10-2021, 06:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Having experienced the upgrade, New Age information one finds such information can be (is) incorporated into (any) current belief system. It is not anti anything or conflict. . A person does not have to give up their old system. I have not changed my old system, only I have.
Old 22-10-2021, 06:48 PM
Lightbulb

Oh, I just had an idea why New Age stuff is thought of as bad...cuz it is different than Christian beliefs.
Period.
But to expand on that ---Christian beliefs are like coloring with in the lines...nothing wrong with that ...
New Age stuff colors beyond the limiting 'taught', traditional lines.

(So anything diff is 'bad', to minds not wanting to change or expand or go against tradition....
safe tradition.
Oh, I and I was once on of those....Not like I'm pointing a finger...
but describing myself ...that expanded, tho.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-10-2021, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
(Not real quote)
Having experienced the upgrade to New Age information,
one finds such information can be incorporated into any current belief system....
I had to read this 3 xs, myself, to get what you meant.
I changed it a bit in blue, deleted a bit.
bobjob, does this help? It helped me.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-10-2021, 08:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh, I just had an idea why New Age stuff is thought of as bad...cuz it is different than Christian beliefs.
Period.
Yes, but it shouldn't be limited to just a Christian perspective but any system. New Age stuff in any system is different if it does not have that information. All systems have their own lines, do they not. Also my experience I share.

Last edited by lemex : 22-10-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 23-10-2021, 05:52 AM
Master
Quote:
You might be surprised that there are some Christians out there who believe stuff similar to New Age beliefs.

I love having conversations about Maria Agreda, a 17th century Catholic nun who is considered by some to be number one in bi-location in Catholicism and was known for her levitations, another Catholic word. If you meet these people, the whole day can become a wisp of time.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 23-10-2021, 06:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I had to read this 3 xs, myself, to get what you meant.
I changed it a bit in blue, deleted a bit.
bobjob, does this help? It helped me.
I much prefer not having to try to work out what someone had intended to say, Miss H.
Old 23-10-2021, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You might be surprised that there are some Christians
out there who believe stuff similar to New Age beliefs.
Oh, for sure , and Jews, also!---I should have said conservative, fundamental, mainstream Christians, sorry.
Hi, lemex, yup. :) Post 36

Old 23-10-2021, 11:40 AM
Master
You probably find that a lot of so called new age beliefs are ancient .

x daz x