Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-09-2021, 01:40 AM
Seeker

I have a question about christianity and syncretism.

So I have. a question for christians and it is this.

What do you think of Christians who synchronize christianity with other faiths and cultures such as many Christmas traditions, Day of the Dead, Haitian Vodou? Do you dislike it, embrace it or other?
Old 29-09-2021, 04:58 AM
Master
From what I have seen, all religions adapt other religions' beliefs.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-09-2021, 05:22 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaroga
What do you think of Christians who synchronize christianity with other faiths

I believe that the truths as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, are truths that can be found in other religious bodies, but if you are referring those who call themselves christians and yet embrace the spirit/teachings of other demonic practicing beliefs, they are not and never were followers of Christ.
Old 29-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
...if you are referring those who call themselves christians and yet embrace the spirit/teachings of other demonic practicing beliefs, they are not and never were followers of Christ.

some charismatic churches do that freaky stuff. i consider my own slightly wayward ideas to pale into insignificance compared to what they're doing
Old 29-09-2021, 08:33 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

What do you think of Christians who synchronize christianity with other faiths and cultures such as many Christmas traditions, Day of the Dead, Haitian Vodou? Do you dislike it, embrace it or other?
From the foundation of things I would personally say that they haven't grasped the 'meat' of Christianity.

I once had a past with Kriya yoga and was of the belief that I was actually seeking and heading towards 'Christ-Consciousness' and all that. At least that was what I heard, was taught and accepted at the time.

But Jesus through His Holy Spirit opened my eyes to truly see that you cannot mix the essence of Christianity with another religion or tradition, because each individual has they're own brand and style of Christianity handed to them by the Holy Spirit (as unique as you are, so should be your Christian walk).

As for celebration days like the day of the dead, God is not a God of the dead but the living. We do not honor the dead because there's really nothing that the dead can offer. Rather, those who have died in Christ are not considered to be dead if they successfully identified with Christ and had His Spirit. 'He who believes in me, though he may die, but will live forever' says the Lord.

Haitian Voudou has totally nothing to do with Christianity. From my Christian point of view, the Haitian gods are demons, and many of them hide behind the images of just Saints. I have had serious encounters with one of the queens among they're hierarchy and I will tell you point blank that she is very dangerous and if you enter in battle with her without the Holy Spirit, the results can be fatal.

But as far as prayer, meditation, charity, faith, belief and the likes are concerned, yes, they do have that in common but the essence of they're origin is totally different. Light and darkness don't mix.
Old 29-09-2021, 11:53 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
'He who believes in me, though he may die, but will live forever' says the Lord.

He who believes in me, even though he may die, yet shall he live again' says the Lord, through the mouth of his obedient servant and earthly host body, the man 'Jesus', who he had filled with his spirit.

Peace.
Old 30-09-2021, 01:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
So I have. a question for christians and it is this.What do you think of Christians who synchronize christianity with other faiths and cultures such as many Christmas traditions, Day of the Dead, Haitian Vodou? Do you dislike it, embrace it or other?

if we have read Jehovah God's words, we would have seen that that he didn't allow ANYTHING that wasn't on the same accord as his words. those that did what other nations did, Jehovah turned his backs to them. because hey were being disobedient. if other nations taught what Jehovah God didn't, or worshiped false gods. his people were not to do so. if we do research instead of following "the norm." we would see where much of the beliefs originated from. follower of Jesus wouldn't follow the ways of this world (John 17:14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world).

if you read the Book of (Ezek. 8:6-18) the elders of the house of Israel were sneaking at night worshipping false gods. when they suppose to be leading Jehovah's people down a righteous spiritual path. women were crying over the false god Tammuz. Jehovah told Ezekiel that it was "Abomination." sadly they thought Jehovah couldn't see them. MANY say Dec 25 is Jesus "Birthday", to explain how satan works. Dec.25th is a "DATE", not a "DAY." the bible shows the Shepherds at night were in the field tending their flocks(Luke 2:8). December would have been a very cold month. but what makes the belief of it being "Jesus "Birthday" sad.

someone told me that Jesus didn't mind the lies of flying reindeers and santa. just as long as people acknowledge his "birthday." have ANYONE every read from Genesis through Revelation of the Righteous ones celebrating 'birthdays?" some had tried to defend their beliefs by saying the Magi and Shepard's did when Jesus was born. no they didn't, they ,(well the Shepherds), were sent by Angels to see the baby, NOT celebrate his "birthday." Jehovah allowed ONLY two stories in the Bible concerning "birthdays." and neither of these men worship Jehovah God or followed Jesus.

in fact on their celebrations, a man DIED!, one being John the Baptizer. Jehovah God had certain teachings then ,that still applies now! those who obey Jehovah and follows Jesus teaching as a Spiritual organization. does NOT incorporate false teachings with truth, even if the Christendom world chooses to do so. those who follow the world, does not have the love of God in them. I don't care what others chose to do, they have free will. but I know what Jehovah God and Jesus said concerning following they ways of this world. I don't chose to go against those two Beings. it can cost us our lives ,(1John 2:15-17). peace
Old 30-09-2021, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:

If it brings benefit to you and others without hurting anyone follow whatever suits you personally
Religion is Man Made whichever one you follow.....
Old 30-09-2021, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

NOT celebrate his "birthday." Jehovah allowed ONLY two stories in the Bible concerning "birthdays." and neither of these men worship Jehovah God or followed Jesus.

The birth of any Baby is to be Celebrated, birth is a Miracle.....
Celebration has nothing to do with worship imo.....
Old 30-09-2021, 03:26 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
From what I have seen, all religions adapt other religions' beliefs.

True. Also, religions adapt to local cultures as well. I once lived near Mexico on the USA side and gift shops and such there often had the Mexican cultural art work that depicts skulls and skeletons in culturally religious ways. I never really understood these things until I saw the Disney animated film "Coco" which showed the religious belief system well.

Coco trailer showing the depiction of the dead as skeletons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvr68u6k5sI