Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-08-2022, 03:54 PM
Master

Will he find faith ?

Luke 18:8…..”However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth ? Why this question ? What does it really mean and what does it imply ?
Old 05-08-2022, 04:47 PM
Experiencer

Hello Molearner.
To me, thinking about it, the question looks like a perfect synthesis of God's will and our free will. True to the form of Christ purpose. And I found it a ironic and interesting that you responded with yet more questions. I do not read the bible much, so I always appreciate a thoughtful reference whenever one comes along. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2022, 05:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Luke 18:8…..”However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth ? Why this question ? What does it really mean and what does it imply ?

Don't know
Old 05-08-2022, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Don't know

Sky,

As you might imagine I had an answer(s) in mind when I posed the question. This scenario happens in real life all the time. Think of becoming the new boss at work or becoming the manager or coach of a sports team. The question in both instances is ‘will I find people who will accept my authority ?’ I either sign their paychecks or decide if they will play for me. I will take care of them(keep them on the payroll or let them play) if they accept my authority.

I visualize God as one that honors free will. One is free to reject Him and, if so, that is OK….just don’t expect any benefits…..:). If, however, one submits to his will he falls under his protection. It takes faith to relinquish your own free will but you can always revert to it. However, we are told that no one can serve 2 masters.

IMO the best example of this in the Bible is the instance of Jesus healing the centurion’s servant….Matthew 8:5-13. The centurion asked for help and showed that he had faith in Jesus…..and then spoke of how the line of authority worked in his own life. The scripture tells us that Jesus was astonished upon hearing this and Jesus declared that this was the greatest faith that He had encountered in Israel……and then He healed the servant.

Faith is the starting point. Paul in 1 Corinthians 13 famously speaks of faith, hope and charity(love) declaring that love is the greatest…which is true. But love is a result of a progression..and faith is the first step. People might misinterpret this thinking that I am referring only to a ‘Christian’ God. God is without denomination……
Old 05-08-2022, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

Faith is the starting point.

When I get some I might know
Old 05-08-2022, 07:14 PM
Rameses

Post Knock at heavens door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky

'Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you : For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.'
Old 05-08-2022, 09:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky

Sky,

I have faith in you…..😊
Old 05-08-2022, 11:36 PM
Master

Much has been left unsaid about those 2 scriptures from Luke 18…..
Old 10-09-2022, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

I have faith in you…..😊
. I think you summed this whole discussion up in 4 words. Have faith in one another and yourself.
Old 05-08-2022, 06:50 PM
Rameses

Post Apostasy of ending days.

Quote:

Hi All,

This phrase relates the apostasy that will come at the end of days ; classical apocalyptical theme.

The Time of Prayer
(context Luke 18 : 1-8, even if some see that parable of the Widow not related with the last sentence 18:8 ; understandable if that’s an addition of some zealous scribes) :

The widow is the example of the poor without defense.
If even a bad judge could give her justice, then God, the Just, will listen the prayer of those who follow Jesus and ask the Kingdom of the Father to establish peace.
The prayer when one is confronted to a test, without being discouraged, appears here like being another aspect of faith.
Because at this time, Iniquity was (will) abounding :
‘And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold’ (Mt 24:12).
See Mt 24:6-14.
And 2 Th 2:3.
Even if James 5:8-9 "...the Judge is standing before the doors."
The come back ‘as a thief in the night’ of Jesus II being long delayed, the Faith would have died even in the hearts of the good ones.

R.