Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-02-2021, 04:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes.
Despair, aka, hopelessness = no power.
Anger = ya got your power back.

why should I want power?
Old 17-02-2021, 04:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
why should I want power?
Yes, those in power should accept responsibility for power. Is it also about why do we give away our power. Each person has their own lesson. Can we also see the lesson.
Old 17-02-2021, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
why should I want power?
I can only speak from my take...when a person has low self esteem, hopelessness, no motivation or enthusiasm for life -
in other words, Clinically Depressed, CD,
They feel powerless...no energy, no umpff, lazy, procrastinating...maybe not even bathing or eating right.
When they get even a little hope back...they feel some power-back, some lightness in them again.

If anyone has a problem with that word power ---replace it with energy or enthusiasm for life or inner strength and clarity perhaps.
Now, if that is displeasing to anyone...so be it.
Out of my hands.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2021, 07:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor
You're not getting the point I'm afraid, so let's try it differently. Use your imagination for a second and imagine you're a guy called John Connor who is a future resistance leader destined to save the world from uprising machines. Of course being such a hero is a great burden, both physically and mentally so obviously you're going to give in to despair at times. When that happens you can either choose to keep dwelling in despair and stop fighting, or you can have your loyal machine sidekick deliberately pee you off to stir up a reverse psychological effect where you temporarily let go of your despair and keep on fighting instead of doing nothing. Are you getting it now?

The difference of opinion seems to be that most people associate fighting with "against", and with "anger". I believe that a successful fighting is "for", and "anger-less".

This reminds of "The Diamond Sutra", that posits that something is what it is only because of what it is not.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-02-2021, 10:38 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
I'm thinking of the Murdochs. They are billionaires and have spent entire lives controlling the world system. This forum talks about God, but where and what is God for people like this? Maybe spirituality is only relevant for people who don't win in life, and for people who are winners, it's irrelevant.

(Devil's advocate question)

There is truth to what you are saying. A common belief among many spiritual sects believe in is that in order to reach the higher levels, one must be devoid of material possession. This is why monks live such a humble life.

Murdochs is plural. Keep in mind, it is a family you are talking about. You are judging a select few. If a alien species where to point to a group of humans who were horrible representation of us collectively, what do you think they would think about us as a whole if they followed your mentality? Luckily, they are not so rudimentary.

I guarantee you that the family you are talking about is spiritually gifted in the control ways. It's almost important to not judge the present, but the past. Until your life is over, your story, and everyone else is still ongoing. There is a difference between someone who is living a poor life on purpose because their life doesn't revolve around money, vs. someone who doesn't intentionally wish to be poor and happens to be poor because something is not aligned properly in their life.
Old 17-02-2021, 11:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
... There is a difference between someone who is living a poor life on purpose because their life doesn't revolve around money, vs. someone who doesn't intentionally wish to be poor and happens to be poor because something is not aligned properly in their life.
That's a good point.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-02-2021, 11:58 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
I can only speak from my take...when a person has low self esteem, hopelessness, no motivation or enthusiasm for life -
in other words, Clinically Depressed, CD.
They feel powerless...no energy, no umpff, lazy, procrastinating...maybe not even bathing or eating right.
When they get even a little hope back...they feel some power-back, some lightness in them again.

If anyone has a problem with that word power ---replace it with energy or enthusiasm for life or inner strength and clarity perhaps.
Now, if that is displeasing to anyone...so be it.
Out of my hands.
Hmm...

We've seen similar "stuff".
Old 18-02-2021, 01:20 AM
Master

Quote:

i get what you are saying, if a person feels a certain way she is supposed to decide to act the way she is expected to act when she feels that way. So knowing that she then tries to make herself feel the proper way she thinks she wants to feel so that she can feel enabled to act the way she thinks she wants to act. If it works she is allowed to be happy and eats those fruits; if it doesn't she is forced to be depressed and eats those fruits. All of this though in reality is dictated by society more than by anything she might really want if she actually had a choice.

Believe me I know, I've been there, I've done that to death...

What I'm saying is one doesn't HAVE to take that stance... she can do what she wants even when she feels depressed and unmotivated. Maybe even more so.

It just isn't nearly as easy as the known alternative... and isn't as pleasant to talk about with others as when she is able to say she is happy and getting what she wants.

Again what I'm saying is the only reason everyone acts the way you said about depression and powerlessness or how people act when they get the flip side of happiness, confidence, power, is that everyone else says when you feel a certain way you are either obliged or allowed to act in conformance to the way you feel. One is to be avoided according to the reckoning of men; the other revered.

And people don't want to go against that...

IMO the greats seals were built of such.
Old 18-02-2021, 03:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Anger creates a reaction, does it inspire or motivate?

I doubt it.
But then, most are here to figure things out, good luck with that.

Ime, anger is the mark of someone who feels small and not in control. Anger is the mask we use to trick ourselves into feeling powerful. Anger is helpful for action, but there are more effective ways to empower action - for example, compassion, enlightenment.
Old 18-02-2021, 11:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The difference of opinion seems to be that most people associate fighting with "against", and with "anger". I believe that a successful fighting is "for", and "anger-less".

This reminds of "The Diamond Sutra", that posits that something is what it is only because of what it is not.

Well, it depends on the situation. Anger can be a great tool as a last resort in order to lick your wounds and regain your spirit. Of course anger has it's side effects, like for example last night I was literally too angry to sleep while I had to get up at 6am. Ouch.