Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-01-2021, 02:33 AM
Guide

How Do I turn off feeling someone else's thoughts?

I can feel people's pain, and arousal sometimes. Both experiences have been with two different men. The first time was really painful, it would go on for a long time. (his sadness)

The second man, I've felt his pain & sadness of me twice. He released me a couple of weeks ago, and I felt, better. Still, I've been in and out of low moods, I realized after that the pain & heartache I was feeling was his, too, for about 2 months.

After the release, I felt stronger, balanced. He told me he is seeing another. In the last week, I started having thoughts of him & of his arousal.

I should also add, that in those two months, I felt very nauseated. & I lost my appetite which is unusual for me. I even got back into exercise just to increase it, and still nothing. Until he released 2 weeks ago...I have had an appetite again. Very odd. Maybe stress.

I don't want to feel this. I want to let go as he has, and heal. I'm still hurting about the situation. I'm working on some things, so I am not always active in this.

What are some ways I can protect myself energetically, spiritually?

I have been meditating more, and I had the thought of using Gold light to be wrapped in when I pray to Arch Angels. A few days later, I came by someone that confirmed that Gold Light protects your boundaries or the energies from others??

I know I can have the cord cut, and I have gone to another for this. I am curious to know how to on my own as well please.

Last edited by Green.Heals : 22-01-2021 at 03:58 AM.
Old 22-01-2021, 03:59 AM
Master
Letting go is a process and this situation your caught in seems to be entanglement.

Being mindful of your energy requires a conscious choice to feel and let go, no matter what you feel. If you let go fully. Others won’t stick.

So you can look at why your sticking with certain aspects of others and explore why you take in and on. Often this relates to co dependence and that’s something you might need to be aware of. Certain feelings can have an association in you that your not fully releasing.

Healing through feelings requires full feeling without the mind telling you to retain it as attachment.
Old 22-01-2021, 06:24 PM
Guide

Hi, I think it was you that said to look within to know what you already need...you did not quite say that but it is how I see it.

& today before I came to read this thread, I realized that I needed to feel it all after this mornings cry. & so, it feels like I am releasing. It will take time, & hopefully I can get the codependency turned about when I do some heart healing, & uplifting my self esteem & worth through my creation.

Thank you
Old 26-01-2021, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
I can feel people's pain, and arousal sometimes. Both experiences have been with two different men. The first time was really painful, it would go on for a long time. (his sadness)

The second man, I've felt his pain & sadness of me twice. He released me a couple of weeks ago, and I felt, better. Still, I've been in and out of low moods, I realized after that the pain & heartache I was feeling was his, too, for about 2 months.

After the release, I felt stronger, balanced. He told me he is seeing another. In the last week, I started having thoughts of him & of his arousal.

I should also add, that in those two months, I felt very nauseated. & I lost my appetite which is unusual for me. I even got back into exercise just to increase it, and still nothing. Until he released 2 weeks ago...I have had an appetite again. Very odd. Maybe stress.

I don't want to feel this. I want to let go as he has, and heal. I'm still hurting about the situation. I'm working on some things, so I am not always active in this.

What are some ways I can protect myself energetically, spiritually?

I have been meditating more, and I had the thought of using Gold light to be wrapped in when I pray to Arch Angels. A few days later, I came by someone that confirmed that Gold Light protects your boundaries or the energies from others??

I know I can have the cord cut, and I have gone to another for this. I am curious to know how to on my own as well please.
Cord cutting works well.When you 'connect' with something,there's an invisible link.You can't see it,but it's there.(in the inner realms).

Pretend that you're going to end the connection by cutting the link between you and the other person.See your self with a knife (or a sword) cuttinng the cord.(in my case sometimes i see the link as thick cables).

Or you can say to your self something like,''now i'm gonna travel to the place where the link exists,and i'll cut it''.
Then,you see your self doing it.
Old 26-01-2021, 08:12 AM
Master
If you're an empath,i really doubt if you can find a way to stop being affected energetically by your suroundings.It's who you are.Maybe you can slow it down,use 'temporary' solutions,but the switch will allways be on.

And if someone knows how to turn it off,inform me as well.(I'm sick of it).
Old 26-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Guide

Thanks Lomax, and Johnathanrs
Old 26-01-2021, 10:20 PM
Master
Learning how to use the pentagram may help. There are invoking and banishing rituals involved with the five pointed star (Pentagram), and these rituals are used by Wicca, as well as Qabbalists and occultists, to banish energies or invoke or bring energies closer to you.

All of the websites I looked at on this have commercial links so I could not provide one here, but there are also a lot of inexpensive books on what’s called “banishing rituals,” or Lesser Banishing Rituals. You need to understand that you are working with energy, regardless of the form that energy may take.

It is not about the pictures, or thoughts that you see, nor is it about the feelings you may have. It is about energy taking shape within you, and there are lots of techniques you can use to either grow or disperse that energy. You can fill your mind with certain radiant colors that will change your feelings; it is like your user name “Green Heals.” You can also do quiet meditation and silence your mind, or use the pentagram rituals, etc.

Basically, if you are empathic, you need to learn how to manage that gift. Work with the energy and not the anxiety. This is a great opportunity for you to better get to know yourself. It is not about other people, it is not about the guy who has let go. Learn how to use your attention to move energy around inside of you, and banish undesirable energy, or bring closer desirable energy to you.

Empaths are sensitive to energy and they must learn how to manage that. This is part of your life’s journey, a process of learning, and not a quick fix. Although deep sincere prayer also works; it depends on the relationship you have with your deeper being. For me, prayers for inner peace are always instantly answered, because I have and excellent relationship with my deeper being, and it took time to develop that relationship.

Peace
Old 04-02-2021, 02:50 AM
Seeker
Another way to cut chord is to call Archangel Michael to come and cut it for you.

I have been learning to protect my energy as well. It seems that my energy is better protected when I have strong positive beliefs (about myself). So it is important to monitor what beliefs we have, and shift them if we don't find them serving. Also, being able to spiritually clean myself seems very useful because I realise that programs, energetic blocks and patterns, either from this life or other lives, can make me get "hooked" on by negative energies more easily.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:41 PM
Experiencer
I just thought I'd offer you another perspective as someone who is not 'constantly on' but who has been able to 'turn on' empath abilities for a brief period of time before - only to have it turn off again. Maybe that would be helpful.

First I will tell you what happened - I communicate with my brother online, and we rarely get to see each other in person because I live across state from where he and the rest of my family live. Still, we have bonded online and grown to be fairly close considering we didn't get to grow up together. One day, while chatting, I had a sudden moment of high sensitivity through the energy I was focusing on via my regular meditations. When I carried the focus on this energy to my conversation with him, I could suddenly feel his emotions as if they were my own, although more like they were being drawn into me. I felt a sudden terror on his end and surprised him by commenting on it, the circumstances are too personal for me to be more specific. But I felt that moment, and then I felt the stress surrounding him. I love my brother, so I didn't mind that. If it is his stress, I am ok with it - I might not be ok with it if it was someone else's. But, this wasn't limited to him, as later on I decided to chat with someone I barely know, but who I know is 'into' energy-related practices. I wanted to tell her about what I experienced and was still experiencing. When talking to her I could also feel how she felt through the energy too, although she had no stress or any particular feeling at all really, she was simply highly focused. It still contrasted with my own feeling or sense of self - as my own energy is and was generally peaceable, pleasant, perhaps even sensual but just in a very generalized way as a whole sense of being. When I felt her intense focus, it was cold, void of the warmth that I am accustomed to. There was nothing negative about it... I just didn't appreciate sharing in it, actually. It was too different from my comfort zone.

That day was when I actually understood part of what being an empath must be. I've sensed energy for years through energy working and sensitivity training, but nothing I experienced through any sort of energy sensing was like this. I truly felt as if the emotions were invading my space.

I learned a couple things from this, and some of that may be helpful to you. First of all, the ability to have a degree of empathic ability in that moment only occurred for me as a result of me focusing on an energy mass that I had been collecting near me for awhile. You might know what I was focusing on to be similar to what is known as a tulpa, or thoughtform. This may seem very niche at first but I think it may potentially fit into a theme with others. The thoughtform acted as a sort of go-between. I could feel the energy I had built through the thoughtform, and then that acted as a door for me to be able to feel other people too. Normally this is not the case, and I normally cannot achieve this even with the aid of a thoughtform. That night was just a special night, the stars aligned in the right way or something. It may have served to anchor my consciousness in the energy outside my body since it's focal point was outside of my body, and outside my 'self.'

When considering someone who is *always an empath* and doesn't know why this is, I can consider a few possibilities relating to my experience. Firstly, it is possible that an empath has a similar anchor that bridges their mind, heart, or self into the 'outside of themselves' zone of perceptibility and sensitivity. Or, they might be able to connect to everyone around them because they are always tuned into something that is not within them. This would cause them to remain opened up. I think that there are many things within our society's belief structures that could play this role, such as the concept of angels, gods, devils, entities, lights, energies, and whatnot. A basic concept of people, life or society could even be a connection to 'outside of self' and provide an anchor. Whatever the case is, the main point seems to be that the person is not fully grounded in themselves, so there must be something else that they are also grounded into. That allows an opening for them to connect with energies that are not their own. At least, on a powerful enough level to not only feel these things on a mere 'sensing' perception level, but also on the deeper 'feeling and experiencing' level.

One other thing I'd like to add is that, at least for me, this was only possible while potent energy was present. As soon as the potent energy started to dissipate, so too did the experience of empath-like ability. I cannot currently replicate the experience I had, as I cannot get the energy to be as potent as it was that night. I may eventually solve the mystery to getting that kind of thing to happen, but either way it is easy to surmise that it isn't natural for everyone to be 'grounded' outside of themselves. It wouldn't take potent energy to draw me out of myself if it was easy to do so for me, or perhaps for anyone who is not naturally an empath. From that, I think it is easy to either conclude that empaths are typically connected to a powerful energy - perhaps even one born of their natural lifestyle - or, it is possible that they are simply lacking whatever it is the rest of us would need potent energy to 'get past' to have an empathic experience. If it is the former reason, then I think that these may often be extraordinarily focused people who have perhaps unknowingly enabled themselves, perhaps even from an early age, as a result of some focus they have which most people do not. If it is the latter reason... then I'm sure that there are other conditions for that scenario, but it would be beyond me to guess accurately in that instance as to why that is.

Assuming it is the former reason, it may be that 'turning it off' would likely require an empath to turn off aspects of their beliefs, personality, or sense of environment in order to allow the dense energy that has built up, which grounds them into it, to fade or diminish naturally. That's just my observation, and even if it is incomplete perhaps it might help to stir up some thoughts that an actual empath has about the reality of what makes an empath empathic - to either add to these thoughts or speculate for themselves. :)

Edit: After re-reading my post, I realized that a concept in the energy to anchor the self outside of themselves is not necessary if a person is grounded into another person such as a parent or loved one - especially if this is in a way as to want to serve their needs. That kind of connection, and desire to serve, would likely also cause someone to open up to being an empath eventually. If it were done from an early age it may cause the person to remain open to others just as they were open to that special person. Learning to close this off might start to shut down these abilities - although with all things it would be a slow process if you were truly willing to turn off what may also be precious connections. Removing something like that effectively usually necessitates replacing it with something else. The simplest suggestion therein would be focus on the self, the self's needs, or self empowerment in a way that benefits the self and what it needs. And naturally for that to be 'above' a natural inclination to serve someone else or others. In fact you may use the focus on self to smother the automatic inclinations to focus on someone else, if this is the stem of being rooted out of yourself. This kind of focus would eventually cause you to be a bit more spiritually and emotionally separated from others. If that sounds imbalanced or unhealthy to you - that probably depends on your situation. If you are in an unhealthy state of needing to serve someone else or others, or society, etc... then it would be balancing for you and probably liberating to be able to finally focus on yourself. Otherwise, for anything to be healthy it should be balanced. Just keep in mind that sometimes you have to go a little bit extreme before you can settle in a middle-ground. Hot balances cold - lukewarm does not. :)

Last edited by Sozerius : 05-02-2021 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:28 AM
Seeker
Sozerius' post is interesting, and makes me think about what exactly empath is more.

The way I see it is each human gives off vibration like a broadcast station, and at the same time has an antenna and a radio-like component. How much a person can sense the feelings and thoughts of others depending on several factors: how strong their antennae are, how much they are willing to show to themselves the messages received from their antennae compared to their own (imagine us with the radios can choose to listen to our own channels or listen to the radiowaves from other channels). People with strong antennae can easily pick up what is around them, and if their radios tend to show those messages, then they are empathic. It also fits into the cases I have heard that when people meditate and quiet their mind a lot, they sense other people better. In addition, if two people are very close, they have a connection** "cable" between them. Or if they are very attached to each other, they have an attachment** cord between them. These can make them able to sense each other remotely. So, I suppose if one wants to stop feeling another person, one can cut the cord. And if one wants to stop being an empath, probably they have to change their intentions, or like Sozerius has said, their beliefs.

I don't see being empathic as something negative, it depends on how it affects one's life. I actually wonder if it is a certain kind of telepathy, specifically a limited version of telepathy: instead of being able to sense everything, the channel only picks up the emotional component. I suppose it is possible that certain kind of beliefs, negative programs and energetic blocks inside a person can make the empathic experience tough, or go haywire. The key is probably to learn how to control our antennae and radios, and release the undesirable beliefs, programs and blockages within us.

**I see connection and attachment as different things. The former is positive; the latter is relatively negative. My spiritual teacher has said that emotional sensing is related to the attachment cord, not through connection. But I am not sure.