Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-03-2021, 05:08 AM
Master
A deep question about personal drives.

This is a deep question. If life is a product of your the illusion of your subconscious. (Not a big believer in this but no one truly really knows.) But anyway if it is where do personal drives come from? A lot of people say it's enviromental or personal experiences. But what about those deep down drivers environment had nothing to do with?
Old 29-03-2021, 06:09 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
This is a deep question. If life is a product of your the illusion of your subconscious. (Not a big believer in this but no one truly really knows.) But anyway if it is where do personal drives come from? A lot of people say it's enviromental or personal experiences. But what about those deep down drivers environment had nothing to do with?
...What a fabulous question !!
However , there is no immediate or simple answer .
Give a hundred people , as an example, a remote control for Netflix ( other channels available)... And they will tune into a hundred different programmes .... Such is the diversity of the human mind/ consciousness........
Old 29-03-2021, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
...What a fabulous question !!
However , there is no immediate or simple answer .
Give a hundred people , as an example, a remote control for Netflix ( other channels available)... And they will tune into a hundred different programmes .... Such is the diversity of the human mind/ consciousness........
I am not expecting a a
Straight black and white answer to this. But maybe a few answers that will make me think, something to discuss. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for going off topic. For me a lot of answers are answered off topic.
Old 29-03-2021, 08:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Your Life is the the product of your unconscious and what you see in front of you as you read this post is not what's in front of you, it's what your unconscious has processed from input from your eyes. Similarly with your internal/perceptual reality. So the next time you stand in front of a mirror and make faces at yourself, none of it is real.

There seems to be three fundamental questions that people are asking when they decide they're Spiritual; "Who am I?" "Where is my place in the Universe?" and/or "Where did I come from?" Although people are looking to Spirituality for answers ultimately it's a Journey to Self and not a Journey to Spiritual knowledge, because regardless of any definition of Spirituality it comes down to the individual. The words they post are expressions of themselves and Spirituality tends to favour the inward reflections. I don't think the context makes any real difference but any drive to engage in a particular study or activity is as much a Journey to Self as Spirituality is.

It's all about individuation that can only occur in the human form.
Old 29-03-2021, 08:20 AM
Master

source of personal drives

Quote:
This is a deep question. Is life is a product of your the illusion of your subconscious. (Not a big believer in this but no one truly really knows.) But anyway if it is where do personal drives come from? A lot of people say it's enviromental or personal experiences. But what about those deep down drivers environment had nothing to do with?

Changes in
1. biology-physiology
2. psychology ( sense of 'I' , intellect , subconscious mix)
3. Sociology (friends/colleagues/peers/parents , literature u read , social media,ideal ).

And all these still forms part of environment and personal experiences .

Another source could be past life experiences. But for this there can be little authentic verifiable data and hence i would not list it a source of such personal drives.
Old 29-03-2021, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Your Life is the the product of your unconscious and what you see in front of you as you read this post is not what's in front of you, it's what your unconscious has processed from input from your eyes. Similarly with your internal/perceptual reality. So the next time you stand in front of a mirror and make faces at yourself, none of it is real.

There seems to be three fundamental questions that people are asking when they decide they're Spiritual; "Who am I?" "Where is my place in the Universe?" and/or "Where did I come from?" Although people are looking to Spirituality for answers ultimately it's a Journey to Self and not a Journey to Spiritual knowledge, because regardless of any definition of Spirituality it comes down to the individual. The words they post are expressions of themselves and Spirituality tends to favour the inward reflections. I don't think the context makes any real difference but any drive to engage in a particular study or activity is as much a Journey to Self as Spirituality is.

hhhhhhmmmmm, definitely something to think about. So what about the thing's you can or cannot morally do, where does that come from?
Old 29-03-2021, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

I have seen a person that was unconscious, there was not much life I could detect.
Old 29-03-2021, 12:10 PM
hazada guess

This world is real as is the spiritual world, it's the vibrations that separate us. It's got nothing to do with consciousness.
Old 31-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
This is a deep question. If life is a product of your the illusion of your subconscious. (Not a big believer in this but no one truly really knows.) But anyway if it is where do personal drives come from? A lot of people say it's environmental or personal experiences. But what about those deep down drivers environment had nothing to do with?

I believe (after a long path that includes 20 years as agnostic/atheist) that we are, at our core pure Spirit, made in the image and likeness of the Creator with infinite capacity to grow in the fruit of the Spirit that the Creator IS: ‘love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self-control’. I believe that Long ago, many lifetimes ago, we made a choice to explore the consciousness of separation (duality), which because of the Creator’s Law of Free Will is a valid and allowable alternative choice to remaining in Oneness with the Creator. Our most innate drive is to return to Oneness which is felt as a drive to self-transcendence or “self-actualization”— fulfilling our full potential.

However we are as Jesus explained “…a house divided”, at our core we are Spirit, but we, as a result of our experiences in the consciousness of separation and our experiences with other beings in the same consciousness (again over many lifetimes) have created a collection of beliefs and illusions (the human ego) to deal with our fears and on top of that we have created other sets of illusions to justify those beliefs and illusions. So we may experience “drives” to protect ourselves from the fears we have created and validate our illusory beliefs and fears.

So at any point we can be experiencing a drive to achieve something or experience something. Sometimes we may need to experience something even multiple times just to overcome the illusion that it holds for us so we can dismiss it and move on. But some can be dead-ends that simply consume our time and attention perhaps just to feed our ego. But even that is o valid choice although perhaps not the most beneficial if we want to be more than we are, all that we can be and help others do the same by our example. The key is to make a conscious choice: What would I achieve if I followed this drive? Is it just to feed my ego and desire to be noticed and respected and give me the feeling that I am better than others? Is it because I want to prove to others that I am not inferior to them? Or…is this drive the next step on my path to self-actualize, become more of the Spirit that I AM, experience increasing levels of love, joy, and peace and in so doing, demonstrate to others that they too can be more.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
hhhhhhmmmmm, definitely something to think about. So what about the thing's you can or cannot morally do, where does that come from?
It depends on the individual - some have inherent morals while others have learned morals. Others non at all. All of your reality is a feedback loop with your conscious/Jungian ego and your unconscious, but your unconscious comprises of some 90-95% of your total consciousness.