Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 27-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Colbster425

Kachina's role in Native American Spirituality

After traveling to the great American Southwest, I noticed that the beautiful Kachina dolls are a prominent part of the arts and crafts in the area. Sure, it might be because their unique look and style is appealing to the tourists (like myself), but there just seems to be somethign enchanting about them. After returning home I began to delve further into the history and beliefs of the tribes in reguards with the kachinas.

Now I come to you and ask for any information you guys have. Are there useful websites that archive types of kachinas/stories? How widespread were the belief in kachinas and do people still believe in them?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:59 PM
elisi

i live in arizona and have visited the dine and hopi res's. the hopi say the katsinas are supernatural travelers from the sky.

what i find interesting is how some of them look. the 'mudhead' looks exactly like a man wearing a space helmut. just a thought......