Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-10-2010, 12:25 PM
ThinkingAloud

To exist, it must have life

It's a question I've posted on scientific and philosophy forums, but just seem to get a load of abuse! So I'm posting it on here to hopefully receive replies from those thinking outside the box, not constrained by scientific thought.

For something to exist, even 'empty' space, it surely must possess some sort of life force of some sort? Not necessarily sentient, but a life force none the less by virtue of existing.

Would this be something you agree with or do you think I'm way off?

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingAloud
It's a question I've posted on scientific and philosophy forums, but just seem to get a load of abuse! So I'm posting it on here to hopefully receive replies from those thinking outside the box, not constrained by scientific thought.

For something to exist, even 'empty' space, it surely must possess some sort of life force of some sort? Not necessarily sentient, but a life force none the less by virtue of existing.

Would this be something you agree with or do you think I'm way off?

Thanks!

Thinking Aloud, even empty appearing space is not empty, but is made of dark energy or black matter. Our star system has a heliosphere which acts like a magnet, holding the planets in place. I believe that everything does have an awareness of its function, even a rock has a place in the Matrix. So why would someone view your question as silly? Photons have been shown to respond to the expectations of the person conducting the test, so that would show a form of intelligence. I recommend "The Divine Matrix" by Greg Bradden . He explains so much so clearly.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Master
I would say that existence IS the life force itself. We can talk about inanimate objects such as a table and a chair, but for all their seeming inanimacy (I think I just made that word up!), they are not 'dead'. They are still existence, they still have/are life force, they are still vibrating, they just dont have the same kind of consciousness as things like animals or plants. And as Summerland said I think, even 'space' which seems empty is actually teeming with activity. I would also agree that Gregg Braden is worth a read if you are interested in this kind of thing.

I think your question is one well worth pondering :)
Old 03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Lightbringer

Here is a thought for you friend - Life is everything and everything is life. If there was just one small spot in infinity where there was no life there would be nothing. Nothing is non-existance, and therefore nothing can not exist.
Peace.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Deactivated Account
It's incredible to think that even what we percieve as 'empty' is in fact brimming with life - atoms, particles, waves. Therefore, as others have said, there can be no 'emptiness' in the truest meaning of the word, because all life is energy, all life exists and has meaning.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 PM
mahakali

welcome thinkingaloud!

this forum site is probably the friendliest I’ve ever been on. we love to debate wile respecting other people so i think you will like SF.

about empty space. An atom is made of mostly empty space even the nucleolus is mostly empty, and everything is made of atoms. spooky! inside the atoms are electrons. I’m probably simplifying it too much but anyway my point is that there is no matter, its all empty space. my thoughts are an electric currency and so is this table.

the spirit, what is it? scientists have not been able to discover these missing particles. they know that there are some missing. What gets me is how upset some 'scientific thinkers' will get at quantum theory. they know that the answer has yet to be discovered, and that Quantum physics is the closest we have ever been but they still hate it. it forces us to re do everything we have learned about what the universe actually is. try telling a genius he was wrong, it isn’t going to go over to well. lol this world is a very spiritual thing. the implications are beyond wonder.

Last edited by mahakali : 03-10-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Administrator
Hello

I am one that feels ALL things are living as all things are created in energy. All things eminate and energy whom is to say that not be LIFE. We as humans tend to put life in a small box. If it bleeds and breaths its life. Whom is to say space it self does not breath on some level. There is motion there and energy there.

If there be a Universal Light ( that be God to some) then is that not some sort of level of life ? A life force or energy ?

Lynn
Old 04-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Casual Traveller

I had a disscusion with a friend who thinks exclusively with a scientific mind and I was trying to get him to see that we are inseparable from the universe.

In the sense that if no one, or no creature is around to perceive anything then there is nothing to be perceived. i.e: nothing would exist. We give the universe its strucutre, its colour -basically how the world looks.

He couldn't comprehend why our existence mattered and thought the universe would just be exactly the same as it was now.

I couldn't comprehend how the observable universe could exist without observers.

On a deeper level I believe Observer and Observed are one and the same.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:13 AM
ThinkingAloud

Thanks all for the replies! This is by far the friendliest, most open minded place I've posted the question and that includes philosophy forums.

When you begin to start asking questions like this, you really begin to see the difference between those with rigid scientific beliefs and those with open minded spiritual beliefs.

I've been told on another forum I'm trying to redefine the word life and shouldn't, but it was never about being literal, but thinking about life as we see it. So it's refreshing to see people who can think a bit more openly.

Part of my questioning is based on quantum physics which now begins to talk about spiritual experiences. It's pretty fascinating that science is now coming back to what people spoke about thousands of years ago. I feel that this is just the start of science expanding on it's understanding.

I guess my point is, if atoms are energy and we are atoms (matter) then we are ultimately energy, which is what spiritualists have been telling us for years!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Master
Clearly there is abundant evidence of life force in all the forms in existence... humans, animals, plants, stars, galaxies, atoms, subatomic particles like electrons and photons, and so on.

All things are actually consciousness and energy in essence, including what appears to be solid matter.

Quantum physics is an area to explore about the nature of existence from the scientific view, which says the same things as the spiritual view but in different terms... because they describe the same reality.

There are some great books on this, TA, such as "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" ... "The Field" and others. And there's the movie on CD now "What the Bleep Do We Know".

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 07-10-2010 at 08:28 PM.