Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-11-2020, 12:27 PM
Elfin

What will be will be....we will all discover when the time comes "what is"... Or indeed "isn't"..... I personally believe in afterlife .. but not "hell" as described.. no- one burns in the pits of "hell" because they have been "bad"... Likewise, they don't go to the "highest " plane I'd they still have lessons to learn. Me... I'm an out and out angel .. I'm going to get my wings. No-one has told me that... But you have to keep believing....
Old 03-11-2020, 12:38 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
What will be will be....we will all discover when the time comes "what is"... Or indeed "isn't"..... I personally believe in afterlife .. but not "hell" as described.. no- one burns in the pits of "hell" because they have been "bad"... Likewise, they don't go to the "highest " plane I'd they still have lessons to learn. Me... I'm an out and out angel .. I'm going to get my wings. No-one has told me that... But you have to keep believing....

Elfin...............You're on the mend,nice to see you back.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Altair...It would seem real to you.Your imagination would depend on what sort of person you were in this life.............Just my opinion.

It would mean everything is fake. You would see your loved ones, but perhaps they're not really there and have already incarnated as cats or sliced bananas. It would mean there is no higher standard of anything either. It would mean it's just you living in a bubble, next to numerous other bubbles, with no real way to connect. That is what spiritual solipsism would entail.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:51 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
It would mean everything is fake. You would see your loved ones, but perhaps they're not really there and have already incarnated as cats or sliced bananas. It would mean there is no higher standard of anything either. It would mean it's just you living in a bubble, next to numerous other bubbles, with no real way to connect. That is what spiritual solipsism would entail.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Indeed. Unless we're dead there's no way we can know.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:06 PM
Newbie ;)

This is very interesting. I'm sure NDE have been interviewed and evaluated to try and come closer to answer these things.

I cannot believe the descriptions of hell in the way I've ever heard them described. And for that matter, heaven either.

I get the sense that we are all going to experience things differently and at our own level of existence. The idea of heaven/hell exist like the idea of god, to give all of us something to simply identify with.

If you look at religion, most have a different variations of all 3 ideas. This is a clear example of how the collective body does clearly agree on the same ideology, hence the truth is unknown. Though all of them share that representation of life after death in some fashion.

The OP asked what the importance of heaven/hell is...
I'd say, it's there to give us something to aspire to. It exists because a form of heaven/hell exists after we die and our spiritual journey is tied to that experience. This is probably the simplest answer.

OP hasnt even joined the conversation. Whaaa???
Old 08-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Texas
OP hasnt even joined the conversation. Whaaa???
I have many things going on in my life - and have sometimes forgotten I started a thread for a month
until i see it was brought up...with 3 pages of responses!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-01-2021, 06:54 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneshrai
What is the importance of hell and heaven afterlife?
No heaven and no hell, but the soul carries on all the same.We go through a learning process through our incarnations and that is why we are here in the first place.We don't need to reincarnate either and can choose a different path than the light tunnel.Heaven and hell were placed ointo our collective consiousness by religions, that attempt to hijack people spirituality through their ignorance.Religion is all about ignorance, but a lot of people believe in them anyways.It removes their ability to discover for themselves.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:37 PM
PureEvil760

You're in hell right now.. the definition of hell is the amount of time it takes you to use your free-will to re-enter heaven. Everything outside of heaven is technically hell.

If you want to know what heaven is like then see for yourself. Death isn't a ticket or required.

If you believe death is required, then it will be. But it won't save you from yourself.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:30 PM
Master
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneshrai
What is the importance of hell and heaven afterlife?
I used to believe in Heaven and Hell and wanted to be a "good person" so God would let me in. Now as I get older I'm starting to believe neither place exist, and if they do Heaven and Hell probably do not look like what they have been depicted in religious books . anyway if I do die and I end up in Hell than that was my fate all along.