Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
So who hears the Neo-Advaita message prior to realization?

You don't understand Advaita Vedanta because it too has the exact same message at its core. It just realizes spontaneous enlightenment is massively unlikely, hence the need for study and practice to remove ignorance and reveal one's true nature.

EDIT: Asking one's self "Who am I?" is a method/practice, albeit an abbreviated method/practice with the intent to transition from unrealized to realized. From a conscious state of duality to one of non-duality. From identifying with the many to the One.
Asking one's self "who am I?" is a positive mental intellect method while resonating with oneness or wholeness as Iamit said, is a mental and positive feeling of I AM relating harmoniously to oneness, wholeness and truth.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:00 PM
Master
From https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/langu.../prepositions/ :

Subject pronouns: I, you, he, she, it, we, they

These are the subject pronouns in English. They are so called because they are the subject of verbs and indicate who or what is doing the action of the verb.

I am I
You are You
We are ONE
LIVING as MANY
TOGETHER

Many think, feel and believe this is BIG F'ing DEAL!

Others simply take this to be 'the truth' (the truth = just the chessboard we play our 'game' on).

Whatever ... the game is 'on' regardless, so make the best/most of IT (of your 'word-games' as well!), folks!
Old 04-05-2020, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
From https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/langu.../prepositions/ :

Subject pronouns: I, you, he, she, it, we, they

These are the subject pronouns in English. They are so called because they are the subject of verbs and indicate who or what is doing the action of the verb.

I am I
You are You
We are ONE
LIVING as MANY
TOGETHER

Many think, feel and believe this is BIG F'ing DEAL!

Others simply take this to be 'the truth' (the truth = just the chessboard we play our 'game' on).

Whatever ... the game is 'on' regardless, so make the best/most of IT (of your 'word-games' as well!), folks!
Thank You for this David!
Old 04-05-2020, 05:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
There can be no realization by what is believed to be a separate person, if there are no separate persons according to Neo Advaita.

There is a certain irony to discussing the differences between traditional Advaita, Neo-Advaita, and any other kind of Advaita.

If it is all just Oneness manifest then any such differences are illusory, and there are no separate persons to have such a discussion in the first place.

Which renders the whole discussion pointless.

Peace
Old 04-05-2020, 05:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
There is a certain irony to discussing the differences between traditional Advaita, Neo-Advaita, and any other kind of Advaita.

If it is all just Oneness manifest then any such differences are illusory, and there are no separate persons to have such a discussion in the first place.

Peace

Traditional Advaita believes in enlightenment for individuals who practice. Neo Advaita does not.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Traditional Advaita believes in enlightenment for individuals who practice. Neo Advaita does not.

So Neo-Advaitists consider that there are no separate persons and all practice is illusory and realisation is illusory, and thus there is no real difference between traditional and Neo because it is all Oneness manifested.

Hence the irony of having such a discussion.

Peace
Old 04-05-2020, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:

Peace
NIHILISM 'incarnate', aye what? LOL
Old 04-05-2020, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:

Peace
So why do you do so, pray tell?
Old 04-05-2020, 09:45 PM
Master

Quote:
So Neo-Advaitists consider that there are no separate persons and all practice is illusory and realisation is illusory, and thus there is no real difference between traditional and Neo because it is all Oneness manifested.

Peace

If you dont understand the differences by now, despite all that has been written about it, you never will.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:47 PM
Master

Quote:
If you dont understand the differences by now, despite all that has been written about it, you never will.

Yet your posts insist that all differences are illusory because everything is Oneness manifest.

You say that there are no separate people to realise Oneness. You say that there is no need for realisation because everything is already Oneness manifest. So why do you now emphasis the difference between traditional Advaita and Neo-Advaita? Surely if everything is just Oneness manifest, then such differences are just another illusion? Why the need to discuss such illusory difference?

It seems as if your intellect wants it both ways. When it comes to separate people having to attain realisation, you say that this is not necessary because all is One. Then you comment on me not understanding the differences between traditional and Neo, as if to say that these are two separate things within your Oneness manifest.

If I were a cynical fellow I might suspect that your intellect likes Neo-Advaita because it suggests that no effort is necessary and there is nothing you have to do to realise Oneness. Which is a very easy undemanding path. Good luck with it.

Peace