Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
lightwinds

Crossing Over

I thought I share this with you. Longman1919

Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before. How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!'

So the face speaks. Surely while we speak there is a smile flitting over it; a smile as of gentle fun at the trick played us by seeming death...'
Old 25-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Enlightener

I have no problem with "crossing over" as you put it. There is no such thing as death, and when you die you'll realise this. When you die you simply keep on living. Life is eternal and there is nothing else apart from life. Everywhere you look life is! Your computer, your keyboard, it is all living at some level.

Also, life can be a death, in a sense, and death, life.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Ancestral

I disagree with you a little bit Enlightener and hope that I won't offend you in anyway. Death is for your physically body only not the spirit part of your being. My belief is that your body dies for it is a disgarded shell you no longer require. The body was a vessel housing our Spirit and helped us to get around on the physical plain of exsistance. One thing does die therefore it is logical the say that the body experiences death. In my opinion anyway.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwinds
Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before. How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Wendy, thanks so much for posting this. My heart skipped a beat when I opened this thread and was confronted with those words. That passage was read at my father's funeral a few days before Christmas, and afterwards everyone commented on how splendidly it summed up the occasion.

Thank you for reminding me of it.

Jeremy x
Old 07-08-2006, 03:06 PM
bluespirit

I can imagine that death is a wonderful thing,to be free of all earthly troubles and to have peace is wonderful.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:50 PM
dreamer

It's interesting that lots of religious literature talks about eternal life, I wonder what this means?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Red Sky

Although no one really knows what happens when we cross over I still can't shake my fear of death. I think it's a fear of the unknown more than anything. I've lost many loved ones and friends and in my heart I know that they are better off now that they are free of earthly suffering yet I can't help wonder if there is anything and if so what. Some believe that death is just a continuation of our lives here. If so, I certainly hope that things get better over there. I've always wondered about people who refuse to accept that they are dead or those who don't realize it.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:58 PM
bluespirit

I think if you are a believer in the after life you will not be surprised after death but heaven's knows the shock you must feel if you are not a believer!
Old 27-08-2006, 12:11 PM
psychic sue

It's like all things we don't understand - a bit frightening. I KNOW there is an afterlife, and I too believe that our bodies are just a shell - but I dare say when I am on my deathbed I will be as scared as the next man!

I have heard lots of stories about dying people who start to talk to their deceased loved ones - mother and fathers etc - as though they were in the room - it's a comforting thought to know that they come and collect you.
Old 27-08-2006, 04:01 PM
bluespirit

I had a message from my hubby after he died,telling me he was met by his mother who took him to hospital for healing.
I was so pleased about this knowing he was in good hands.
Closed Thread