Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-11-2020, 01:34 PM
Master
The Jesus Sutras.

https://thejesusquestion.org/2011/08...e-stone-sutra/

Some may find these writings ' Beautiful ' as I have. Written by the last Christian Taoist and rediscovered hidden in Caves....
Old 19-11-2020, 02:37 PM
Hope this helps those that never heard the word Sutra.

Sutras: a genre of ancient and medieval Indian texts found in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

A rule or aphorism in Sanskrit literature, or a set of these on grammar or Hindu law or philosophy.

What's an aphorism? An aphorism is a concise, terse, laconic, or memorable expression of a general truth or principle.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-11-2020, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hope this helps those that never heard the word Sutra.

Sutras: a genre of ancient and medieval Indian texts found in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

A rule or aphorism in Sanskrit literature, or a set of these on grammar or Hindu law or philosophy.

What's an aphorism? An aphorism is a concise, terse, laconic, or memorable expression of a general truth or principle.

' Sutras: a genre of ancient and medieval Indian texts found in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. '

Yes, and it also means ' The Thread that binds us together '.
The Jesus Sutras are the binding together of Christianity and Taoism
Old 19-11-2020, 02:46 PM
Fascinating - For those that don't click the link.
The 2 sentence copy limit, btw.

The Jesus Sutras teach that because people’s innate good nature had become confused and obscured
(Christians might say “marred by sin”), God had to come to Earth as Ye Su (Jesus).

“Therefore, my Lord Ye Su, the One emanating in three subtle bodies, hid his true power, became a human,
and came on behalf of the Lord of Heaven to preach the good teachings” (2:17).

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-11-2020, 03:03 PM
Master
[quote=Miss Hepburn]Fascinating - For those that don't click the link.

The Jesus Sutras teach that because people’s innate good nature had become confused and obscured
(Christians might say “marred by sin”), God had to come to Earth as Ye Su (Jesus).

“Therefore, my Lord Ye Su, the One emanating in three subtle bodies, hid his true power, became a human,

' The 2 sentence copy limit, btw. '

Sorry I completely forgot .
Old 21-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Fascinating - For those that don't click the link.

Do you see our normal condition and human natures as being corrupted?

I have no problem of evil and thus do not.

Regards
DL
Old 21-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Do you see our normal condition and human natures as being corrupted?
You're asking me?
No. I have said many times here our true self, our true nature,
our core, our essence is pure, full of wonder and innocent.

Old 21-11-2020, 08:12 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
You're asking me?
No. I have said many times here our true self, our true nature,
our core, our essence is pure, full of wonder and innocent.

I also venerate us, but knowing DNA as I think I do, I cannot give us innocence.

We are born thinking, truthfully so, that we are the fittest of our line, and that means we have the ability to sin when born.

By sin here, I mean that we can and will compete in life and that creates evil, in the sense that the losers to those competitions will feel that evil has befallen them.

Our (forced evolution), is what creates all human to human evil.

Regards
DL
Old 20-11-2020, 06:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
https://thejesusquestion.org/2011/08...e-stone-sutra/

Some may find these writings ' Beautiful ' as I have. Written by the last Christian Taoist and rediscovered hidden in Caves....

sky123,

These are beautiful...thanks for sharing this site. They offer a different perspective that can add to our understanding. Essentially they provide somewhat of an 180 degree view of things from a different viewpoint....like being able to see the 2 sides of a coin. I was struck by this passage from the site:

" in Matthew 13:45-46, Jesus says, “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.” In this scenario, you are the pearl of great value, and Jesus is the buyer; he purchased you at infinite cost to himself, because he values you that much."

The 'infinite cost' reminds us of the crucifixion of Jesus. "For God so loved the world...." etc. Also the parable of searching for the lost sheep and leaving the 99 to search for that one lost individual. It is love that we cannot quite conceive of....not something that most of us would be inclined to do.

Just to demonstrate how scripture can be interpreted differently I will offer a different interpretation of this same scripture. In doing so, I would suggest that we get out of our heads that there is only one correct interpretation of any specific scripture. The beauty of scripture is that it leads one into contemplation that can present new understandings and speak to us both directly and personally.

Another interpretation of this parable about the pearl of great value some understand the pearl as representing eternal truth. The 'merchant' whose livilihood is dealing in pearls can be seen as us. We are the ones who have viewed many 'pearls'(which can be our personal insights and beliefs) but we find ouirselves willing to abandon all that we have previously had in our possession for that one great thing: eternal truth. Paul writing is Phillipians 3:8-10......"for his sake I have suffered loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ...." This is recognition of the pearl of great value. To continue this interpretation one must consider the properties of a pearl: a pearl is spherical(whole) brilliant(divine) hidden in an oyster(veiled) and is found only in the depths of sea(consciousness)

In short there are many different ways to interpret scripture and each way can be a way of opening our minds. At some point we begin to rather than search for others interpretations to attempt to access our Spirit and our own intution to arrive at personal epiphanies.
Old 20-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Master

In this same spirit of what I posted above is a Japanese rendering of the 23rd Psalm.

"
The Lord is my Pace-Setter,
I shall not rush.

He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals.

He provides for me with images of stillness

which restore my serenity.

He leads me in ways of efficiency

Through calmness of mind,

And His guidance is Peace.

Even though I have a great many things

to accomplish each day

I will not fret

For His presence is here.

His timelessness,

His all-importance,

Will keep me in balance.

He prepares refreshment and renewal

in the midst of my activity

by anointing my head

with His oils of tranquility.

My cup of joyous energy overflows.

Surely harmony and effectiveness

Shall be the fruits of my hours

For I shall walk

In the place of my Lord

And dwell in His house

For ever.

*Ascribed to Toki Miyashina (original source unknown)

As you can see it follows in spirt the translations we are familiar with but it takes into account the different culture from which it emanates. The imagery of shepherds does not necessarily resonate with the Japanese culture and we are presented here an understanding and interpretation that speaks to an Eastern culture.