Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 01-04-2021, 04:21 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Hugging/Embracing is NOT seen as ' Sexual Activity '

that would depend on who you are hugging or embracing and what your intent and state of being is. most monasteries don't allow opposite sex there or severely restrict contact
Old 01-04-2021, 04:26 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Monks/Nuns who do would not see Hug/Embrace as sexual misconduct nor breaking their Vows

depends on intent and who. during mass catholic monks embrace the monk on their right or left at that, "give each other a sign pf peace" part but can a monk go embrace a woman in the pews? no
Old 01-04-2021, 04:33 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
A Hug/Embrace is not seen as ' Sexual Activity '...... In Buddhism.......

it is in this very popular and well known buddhist zen story

A senior monk and a junior monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to a river with a strong current. As the monks were preparing to cross the river, they saw a very young and beautiful woman also attempting to cross. The young woman asked if they could help her cross to the other side.
The two monks glanced at one another because they had taken vows not to touch a woman.

Then, without a word, the older monk picked up the woman, carried her across the river, placed her gently on the other side, and carried on his journey. The younger monk couldn’t believe what had just happened. After rejoining his companion, he was speechless, and an hour passed without a word between them.

Two more hours passed, then three, finally the younger monk could not contain himself any longer, and blurted out “As monks, we are not permitted to touch a woman, how could you then carry that woman on your shoulders?”

The older monk looked at him and replied, “Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river, why are you still carrying her?”

here again, it is about intent and state of being
Old 02-04-2021, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
When I read your last paragraph it reminded me of my partners grandson yesterday.

He’s just four and lives in a very noisy busy house, with two very loud busy brothers. Lots of stuff filling up their space continuously. Where we live it’s very lush green with nice trees and our outlook is mostly nature, lots of birds and natives. The feeling is very peaceful. He was sitting on the balcony with his pa and pa was chatting away, when he intercepted and asked him to be quiet. They both sat their in the silence for about five or ten minutes. Later on they went walking and as they got closer to the main road, he stopped and put his hands over his ears because of the noise of cars and trucks on the busy main road. So here in the space of an hr becoming naturally aware of those changes in himself and how he can source peace and centredness, which naturally derives its own joy of being.

The reason I shared this, was mainly to highlight, how easily our awareness/our being can shift when the environment changes, when distractions cease, when noise stops. Just sitting in nature, letting those natural sounds and sights open us beyond all the surface stuff. You don’t need an ashram of course, but you can certainly understand why they become necessary for some.
True, creating the environment an important reflection of the mind and important for the protections etc needed for the whole process, and the child probably has that at your place. I just wish it was truer of the world in general.
Quote:
He’s only four of course, but showing why we loose touch with our peace and centredness amidst all the noise of life.
Yup. I totally relate to that.
Quote:
Later on he stopped walking and sat on the ground in the gardens, making his pa stop again, he just listened to all the different birds, sat a while absorbing nature.

Simple stuff but very supportive for anyone to integrate meditation and the ashram as life itself.
Yes, our set up is in the bush, and we aren't into cymbal banging and so on and the grounds are quiet silent. It is peaceful like nature, but the vibes are amplified or something, so it is peaceful, but kinda intense as well.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:47 PM
AbodhiSky

you can't really share a quiet silent mind with another who does not have it for themselves. it's a gift we can only give ourselves
Old 02-04-2021, 08:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
you can't really share a quiet silent mind with another who does not have it for themselves. it's a gift we can only give ourselves
Ok.
At this point I want to share the kind of 'mindfulness' (mindful regard and deep listening) that I love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj6YVv1Uklg

No preaching on pulpits about one's high moral 'trustworthyness' ....

Old 02-04-2021, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:

You can be a model all the same.

When something is felt and seen for itself, it’s like a revealing to itself anyway.

Noticing changes to your own normal ways or patterns through others is often a trigger to notice yourself differently.

Not everyone will notice of course but you can..

Silence and quiet mind is felt..
Old 03-04-2021, 04:49 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Ok.
At this point I want to share the kind of 'mindfulness' (mindful regard and deep listening) that I love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj6YVv1Uklg

No preaching on pulpits about one's high moral 'trustworthyness' ....

"building trust between humans and animals" humans ARE animals!
Old 03-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Master
Quote:
"building trust between humans and animals" humans ARE animals!

I don't see Humans as Animals. As an ex Monk you would know the Genesis Story I presume
Old 03-04-2021, 05:35 PM
Master
....... according to evolution, which many believe in, humans are animals.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜