Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-02-2023, 06:18 PM
Molearner

Get out of the boat….

Jesus walks on water….Matthew 14:22-32…vs 30-31….”But when he(Peter) saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me !” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt ?”

Recently while reading Kierkegaard this verse came to mind. He was making the point that knowledge is of little use if it can not be put to use in daily life. Sometimes when we need it the most we are unable to use it because of the effect of stress. Fright can have a way of making our precious knowledge inaccessible to us. Obviously I am implying that faith is the key that can unlock our knowledge and make it accessible for us.

The pursuit of knowledge is one thing but the application of that knowledge can be a quite different thing. Can we say with the Psalmist “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.” ??
Old 21-02-2023, 06:40 PM
Experiencer

The pursuit of knowledge is one thing but the application of that knowledge can be a quite different thing. Can we say with the Psalmist “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.” ??[/quote]

No one really knows until something occurs. Peter who saw miracle after miracle, denied knowing Jesus 3x out of fear of men. Some christians later were being thrown to wild hungry animals as a public spectacle. How many of us really know if we could face such things. We cant face them alone without Gods power in us.
Old 21-02-2023, 07:55 PM
Molearner

Performing CPR for the very first time comes to mind…..meeting all the elements that I mentioned…..
Old 22-02-2023, 12:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Performing CPR for the very first time comes to mind…..meeting all the elements that I mentioned…..
Jehovah was with David( Psalm 23) Because David obeyed.
Old 22-02-2023, 01:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
No one really knows until something occurs. ...

The point that Jesus / Christ was making is that "what you really believe, occurs".

This is the basic tenet of "you create your reality".

It is: You believe / know that you don't sink, so you don't sink.
Not vice versa: You don't sink, so you believe / know that you don't sink.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-02-2023, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Jehovah was with David( Psalm 23) Because David obeyed.

God is with us ......... even those who 'Miss The Mark', even more so.
Imo.
Old 22-02-2023, 10:16 AM
@keiw1

David - the adulterer, turned murderer!
Why did God love him so? I never thought it was because he obeyed God.
I always thought it was because God knew his heart...the screw up that he was, even...'even more so', yes.

Weird isn't it - Jesus chooses Paul, a killer of Christians to appear to!
Go figure.
Obeys or denies him? What is up with God loving screw ups,
since Jesus only did the will of the Father?

Hmm, then on top of that Jesus promises Paradise to such a criminal - had he ever obeyed anyone, but his selfish ego?
No, I don't think obeying is the prerequisite of God being with someone.
As we also see with Hosea and Gomer or even the father with his prodigal son.

God's heart is something to be understood...as He said to Jeremiah...
"...know and understand me...''

Also, I believe MANY right here have suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, and even near death,
to know whether they have faith and trust fearing nothing.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-02-2023, 02:20 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
God is with us ......... even those who 'Miss The Mark', even more so.
Imo.

Sounds suspiciously like unconditional love….😊. Just think of it….it seems so unjustified to so many fundamentalists.
Old 22-02-2023, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sounds suspiciously like unconditional love….😊. Just think of it….it seems so unjustified to so many fundamentalists.

You hit the nail on the head Mo no 'Missing the mark' for you, well done
Old 23-02-2023, 02:25 AM
Experiencer

[quote=Miss Hepburn]@keiw1

The criminal paid in full the wages of sin=death. He cannot be accountable for them again. In the resurrection all like him are given an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will. Its the whole reason satan gets loosed for a little while to test the resurrected--it shows many as the sands of the sea follow him still and get destroyed. Rev 20:7-10)

Saul was a servant of YHWH(Jehovah) as was all Israel--they weren't doing it according to Gods will though. But his heart was right obviously and Jesus turned that zealousness that was against him to work for him, besides it gave a great witness to the rest of Israel to see Saul turn to Jesus after persecuting his followers so badly. Showing to them that he was in error by doing so. It actually showed the great love Jesus had after what they did to him, he still wanted to help them.