Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Some are receptive to this & others aren’t. A skilled therapist can test to see if one is a good candidate for it.
It is the job of the hypnotherapist to lead the client into being receptive.

Of course, given the repertoire of the hypnotherapist they may go another way about helping someone.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Krishna-prem

Everyone is receptive to it. It's just not everyone responds to an induction or piece of change work in the same way. It's the hypnotist's job to find what works for that individual.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Shining Star

IN 1989 hypnotist, Bernard Powers was putting on a show in Spain. A group of 10 people were selected from the audience. He asked me if I wanted to join them as he knew I had doubts about his ability to hypnotise me.
The first part was where we had to close our eyes and imagine ourselves on a hot beach eating oranges…. Some oranges were brought round… we didn’t know until afterwards that they were in fact lemons!! I always find lemons to be too sharp so this part worked for me.
Then Bernard asked each of us to perform something different… He told me that I would forget the number 4… He asked me to count into the microphone up to number 5… I thought this would be easy so I started counting… “1, 2, 3,…… when it came to 4 I just couldn’t say it, my mouth was working but nothing came out!! So for that brief moment he had erased the number 4 from me!!
Old 27-09-2011, 04:07 AM
Distortedsoundz

My hypnotist has a non spiritual approach, and he does it in such a way that he coaches you while you are giving yourself the suggestions mentally while under hypnosis, he is not the one that really gives suggestions. I always tell people ro keep an eye on feedback and reviews when dealing with a hypnotist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
Hypnosis binds your spirit so that it is in the care/control of the hypnotist. Unless they have any idea what they are doing, it usually leaves you exposed to outside influences in the astral/etheric/beyond. This binding is also against natural laws as every spirit is entitled to free-will. Not many know what hypnosis does or its effects so, be careful.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Tammy

i am going to go an see a hypnotist, next year for a past life regression, but i am a little bit skeptical, as i battle with visulisation, and to make matters worse, i am also anaylitical, eg:
Hypnotist: Think of a beautiful comfortable chair, surround by white satin cushions
Me: (i would think about what chair i would find more comfortable, go through thousand of chairs i have seen recently, and then try and pick one, then i would think to myself, but i dont like satin)
so so it goes on....HAHAHAHA

is there any hope for me, will this work?

Also i know imagination play a big part in all of this, but at the end of the day, one wants truth, not something they will keep thinking was it really true....or maybe i made it up?????????

But i suppose only time will tell!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy
i am going to go an see a hypnotist, next year for a past life regression, but i am a little bit skeptical, as i battle with visulisation, and to make matters worse, i am also anaylitical, eg:
Hypnotist: Think of a beautiful comfortable chair, surround by white satin cushions
Me: (i would think about what chair i would find more comfortable, go through thousand of chairs i have seen recently, and then try and pick one, then i would think to myself, but i dont like satin)

Also i know imagination play a big part in all of this, but at the end of the day, one wants truth, not something they will keep thinking was it really true....or maybe i made it up?????????

But i suppose only time will tell!

Hi,

The reason why these suggestions are given is to make you tired thats what we hypnotherapists do :-), to give you more suggestions and shut your conscious mind off, so do not worry, it will work....... may be you are a feeler if you can get the feeling of chair or the smell of the place it will still work fine.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
mattie

Works For Some, Not Others

Certain people are good candidates for hypnosis & others aren’t. A capable therapist can test for this.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy

I suspect that most hypnotists would fail with you. They would first have to recognise your analytical pattern and know how to redirect it.

Of the two main styles, an Ericksonian hypnotherapist is more likely to do the above.

Quote:
Indeed. Being aware of this you're more likely to come up with something real. The hypnotist should also be extremely precise with what they say. Most aren't.

What do you hope to get out of PLR?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
mattie

More Discussion About Hypnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
I'm a hypnotherapist and I will tell you otherwise.

Especially in stage hypnosis, the belief that the hypnotist has power is the main way it works. It just is far from the only way.

Also, it works for everybody, if the hypnotherapist is skillful enough.

If you're so inclined, a separate thread(s) about the nuances of hypnosis would be very interesting.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Tammy

To tell you the truth, at first it was curiousity, but the more i have read about it, the more i am begining to understand the benefits of it. EG. I have a fear, which i have no idea where it stems from, it is not the usual, scared of heights, claustrophobia etc, it is more disturbing than that, and i think it about it constantly and get very emotional, so was wondering if it prehaps stems from a past life.