Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 29-01-2016, 02:50 AM
Experiencer
The Knight of Cups--What do you think of it?

Hello fellow Readers,

I'm getting used to the Rider Waite Tarot, and recently I had the Knight of Cups come up in one of the readings. Now, before I started reading the cards, I had been informed that Court cards had the potential to describe a real person in real life. I've gotten Knight of Cups before (years ago) when I did a romance reading, and it brought me hope. Why? Because Cups are connected to love and emotions, and at that time I really thought it was positive. Things didn't go right, but I still did not blame the card.

Now that I'm studying them closer, I find that the Knight of Cups, when describing a person, has a great potential to be an untrusting character. I think the cards surrounding it tells a lot, but some of the descriptions I read about it, more experienced readers tell to be careful if coming across the Knight of Cups.

What do you think about the Knight of Cups?
Share any experiences?

I myself give it the stink eye whenever I see it now!
Old 29-01-2016, 03:52 AM
Administrator
* Knights mean “ Motion and Change”
* long tern conditions are going to come to an end
* might soon have an opportunity to branch into new worlds
* advance through education, or just get away from routine
* advancing towards goals
* follow instincts, and expect positive changes and a fresh start

For me this card would come up over and over again when I was having issues with the relationship with my EX, and everything was pointing to change but I at the time was not ready to see it clearly.

Looking back now a few things came into play in the meaning, the long term relationship 33 years did come to an end. I did get to branch into a new World with a few trips to England and the marriage to Heart (a member of SF). I did advance in a way in education but not in school but in, leaning how to get out of a bad relationship, what rights were mine, how to run a household on my own for a year, the immigration process.

I did advance towards my goals of having a stable and happy household for me and my kids, to have Heart join us in our home in Canada and get status to stay with us. To finally know what LOVe was in life. To be loved and cherished for being me.

I run on intuition so it was easy for me to trust in change could come, the fresh start part was a bit bumpy as I was on my own for a year with my kids and running a house, Heart was in England. We both made it through it all though and had a fresh start.

Lynn
Old 29-01-2016, 07:39 AM
55Degrees

Hi Zephillo

You're right about the Knight of Cups. It can potentially be a person (among the other things) and along with all the other cards, it can have have a negative side.

Knight of Cups can be over emotional, jealous, flaky eg in love with being in love, so every new relationship is 'the one'. They can be prone to over exaggeration, half truths, mood swings, be petulant, self absorbed, slightly lazy and plain selfish.
Obviously it all depends on the card position and surrounding cards. In his positive aspect, he can be absolutely lovely, caring, empathetic, thoughtful and romantic, alas with all things in life there are always two sides to it.
I think Lynn got one of the good ones, my experience was not of the Knight in shining armour, more of an idiot in tin foil, but hey ho, that's life
Old 29-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Master
One time I asked the Tarot cards to show me the card that would most resemble my TF in this lifetime--got the Knight of Cups. Seems to be a theme in this thread.

Then again in addition to change, goal setting, they are generally represented as romantic interests, esp if the whereby is female. (Knight in shining armor?)

It just all depends on what you're asking the cards, honestly, as to who or what the knight of cups symbolizes.

In my Shadowscapes tarot, he is depicted as absolutely driven to seek out his goal--certainly not flaky. "He knows that one day he will drink from that cup"
Old 29-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Master
I think it's a shame that you let one unpleasant experience influence your view of a card so much.
Each card can bring a positive or negative message, there are no 'bad' cards.
If you have such strong resentment towards a card, it probably tells you something about yourself. In this case that maybe you never got over the man? Or you are afraid to have a similar thing happen? Meaning you lost your trust in men?

I myself have this 'thing' with the Hierophant. I so hate that man that's depicted on it I do have a problem with authority, and people that follow like sheep (the altar boys on the card).
I also have a problem with religion. So that card jars me.
Old 29-01-2016, 11:48 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
I think Lynn got one of the good ones, my experience was not of the Knight in shining armour, more of an idiot in tin foil, but hey ho, that's life
Lol..

I personally don't see the Knight as a negative card, however, depending on what your looking for in a person, it's not exactly a promising card either. If directed at a specific person, I feel it represents juvenile or short term. I too got it a lot in the past year ( Divorced *cough*). Life is ever changing so who knows what the winds of change may bring tomorrow

just don't give me the tower card and I am straight..

P.S. I love your AV, Zep. :)
Old 29-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
* Knights mean “ Motion and Change”
* long tern conditions are going to come to an end
* might soon have an opportunity to branch into new worlds
* advance through education, or just get away from routine
* advancing towards goals
* follow instincts, and expect positive changes and a fresh start

For me this card would come up over and over again when I was having issues with the relationship with my EX, and everything was pointing to change but I at the time was not ready to see it clearly.

Looking back now a few things came into play in the meaning, the long term relationship 33 years did come to an end. I did get to branch into a new World with a few trips to England and the marriage to Heart (a member of SF). I did advance in a way in education but not in school but in, leaning how to get out of a bad relationship, what rights were mine, how to run a household on my own for a year, the immigration process.

I did advance towards my goals of having a stable and happy household for me and my kids, to have Heart join us in our home in Canada and get status to stay with us. To finally know what LOVe was in life. To be loved and cherished for being me.

I run on intuition so it was easy for me to trust in change could come, the fresh start part was a bit bumpy as I was on my own for a year with my kids and running a house, Heart was in England. We both made it through it all though and had a fresh start.

Lynn

Yes, Lynn! I'm so happy that it turned out great for you!

I did read a description of the Knight of Cups being the dreamy vision or an illusion. A kind of "the grass is greener." I guess no one really wants to "wake up" from the reality of being in a dead-end relationship.

Though the negative aspects were present, its positive, too, played a great role-- in that it really brought you a great change.

Thank you for sharing!
Old 29-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Hi Zephillo

You're right about the Knight of Cups. It can potentially be a person (among the other things) and along with all the other cards, it can have have a negative side.

Knight of Cups can be over emotional, jealous, flaky eg in love with being in love, so every new relationship is 'the one'. They can be prone to over exaggeration, half truths, mood swings, be petulant, self absorbed, slightly lazy and plain selfish.
Obviously it all depends on the card position and surrounding cards. In his positive aspect, he can be absolutely lovely, caring, empathetic, thoughtful and romantic, alas with all things in life there are always two sides to it.

You know when I first started reading the Rider Waite, and saw this card, my first response was "Prince Charming!" Which I was oh so excited, but later when my friends would come back to tell me of their experiences a lot of them were disappointed. It turned out, a few of them turned out to be players. This was my fault, of course, as I only saw the good in this card (and also I am a HUGE romantic), and only gave them my naive views.

Now I'm really careful to take every card into consideration instead of just seeing it for what it is. I should have done that in the first place, but you learn from your mistakes!
Old 29-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
One time I asked the Tarot cards to show me the card that would most resemble my TF in this lifetime--got the Knight of Cups. Seems to be a theme in this thread.

Then again in addition to change, goal setting, they are generally represented as romantic interests, esp if the whereby is female. (Knight in shining armor?)

It just all depends on what you're asking the cards, honestly, as to who or what the knight of cups symbolizes.

In my Shadowscapes tarot, he is depicted as absolutely driven to seek out his goal--certainly not flaky. "He knows that one day he will drink from that cup"

That's interesting Shinsoo.
So do the meanings also (somewhat) change from deck to deck?
I've only read oracle cards which are a lot more different than the Rider Waite based cards that I have.

I hope you connect with your TwinFlame soon!
Old 29-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I think it's a shame that you let one unpleasant experience influence your view of a card so much.
Each card can bring a positive or negative message, there are no 'bad' cards.
If you have such strong resentment towards a card, it probably tells you something about yourself. In this case that maybe you never got over the man? Or you are afraid to have a similar thing happen? Meaning you lost your trust in men?

I myself have this 'thing' with the Hierophant. I so hate that man that's depicted on it I do have a problem with authority, and people that follow like sheep (the altar boys on the card).
I also have a problem with religion. So that card jars me.

Ok...
But what do you think about the Knight of Cups?