Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 26-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Knower

Crows

Hi, over the past few days I've had two encounters with crows the first I was walking to the shop and there was a crow just on the ground walking about I thought it would fly off as I was getting near it but it didn't it started to walk with me which I thought was strange so I bent down to look to see if maybe it was hurt it flew away then today I had just finished work and was sat on a walk waiting for a taxi when a crow jumped up on the wall and just stood there looking at me it only flew away when my taxi arrived I don't know if it's just me but I think it might mean something as both encounters felt like they did but what I don't know dose anyone have any idears
Old 29-01-2017, 02:39 AM
Knower

Really don't know why I bother putting things on here ��
Old 29-01-2017, 06:05 AM
Master
Sometimes it can take weeks for a thread to be replied to. SF is its own little exercise in 'being patient'.

Crows are very curious creatures and have little fear of humans. They have even allowed themselves to be captured as pets....but the ones you encountered were probably just hungry and looking for food.

Not all encounters mean something.

I had a sparrow sitting on my window sill for days...the same bird...it came there and sat there the same time every day, just looking at me...

Until I realised there was a spider web in the corner of my window and it was hoping to catch a trapped fly or insect before the spider had a chance to notice it...or maybe the bird thought spider + insect = two for one deal.

I cleaned away the spider web and no more sparrow.

So, there wasn't anything 'mystical' about it whatsoever.

We tend to give animals a lot more credit than is due, really.
Old 30-01-2017, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator
Tilly I am just so sorry that this thread got missed. I'm sorry it got missed by me too. Because crows are brilliant.
They are really intelligent and can bond with humans given the chance.

I have a Jackdaw. He gets impatient if I'm in the shower/bath too long in the morning and makes noises outside. When I get up and go out to have my coffee, he is there, talking to me. He clicks his beak and follows me. Most often I give him a treat, but not too much. Told him he has to pull worms for a living.

He follows me along the lane when I go to visit a cat. He waits and is there on my way back (1 hour later) Then he comes home with me. He was skittish at first but has got more confident with me now and will sit quite close to me. We talk. And we play a counting game. I think he is testing my intelligence.

Yes I guess I will end up swearing at him when he starts to drop sticks down my chimney in March....but till then we are pretty friendly.
Old 30-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Pathfinder
I'd say that encounters with animals are meaningful when you have this strong feeling that they are here to tell you something.

So yeah it is possible to keep seeing the same animal over and over as an accident, but the question is, do you feel that it's significant?

Sometimes you just intuitively know it.I had some encounters with bluebirds which I know for sure meant something beautiful, especially one amazing moment one summer, but there's also been countless times when it's just meeting a bluebird and there's all there is to it.

You could look up the meaning of crows as spirit messengers and see if something there resonates with you.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Master
I always thought crows were great. I was told there my totam animal. But heres a little story about a different bird. The nuthatch. When i go to my cabin theres a couple that start "yelling at me". I always thought they were just calling out because i was an intruder. But soon i relized they would stop "yelling" soon after i filled the bird feeder and then they would immediately go to the feeder and i could finally relax.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Experiencer
Try to tune into crow, if they carry any energy for you? Tap into this level where that would be possible and ask yourself, if there is anything about it, since this crow drawn your attention.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Guide
Crows are intensely smart and loyal animals (as Tobi's story points out hehe!), and if you feel like there's a message there and just know that there's something they're trying to tell you, definitely tune into that. If you meditate, meditate thinking of the message of the crow, or try speaking with your guide or spirit animal.

Sometimes, as others have said, they're just hungry or curious, but if you feel there is something there, go with that :)
Old 05-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Master
Birds are messengers. My mom is very superstitious and she is afraid of crows. She said that if a crow follows her and keeps yelling, then they are sending bad tidings. If they are quiet, then they have positive news to convey. I just think crows are amazing, intelligent creatures and you are blessed to encounter them.