Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 21-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
Ha ha ha..

A friend told me yesterday,
"There are three RINGS in a marriage.
Engagement RING
Wedding Ring
and SuffeRING"

LOL BUT only the 1st 2 are unique to marriage.
SuffeRING is free to all!

Quote:
I like marriage, although mine is failing.
Now I experienced a marriage; I strongly believe that everyone should be lucky enough to find their soul mate to marry.
I do not regret marrying my soon to be ex husband at all.
I learned more about myself and love from my marriage than any other relationships.
Greater lesson comes from making a difficult life choice and from making a commitment to another living being.

Yer I learned a lot from my marriage as well, even though it failed.
There's nothing wrong with marriage versus any other form of parnership...
it's the compatibility and connection we bring to it or anything else that we need to start honouring and recognising.

The true marriage is the spiritual marriage.
We honour that here on earth with tangible symbols which reflect the underlying spiritual significance.
If it's real, the piece of paper is far more than just that.

Here's to finding that soul mate someday.
And not being too burnt, gun-shy, and all-around lame to honour that connection and rise to it.
I.e., NOT to do to him/her what's been done to you.

(No offense intended...as that last is more for me haha).

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 21-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
'Being asked whether it was better to marry or not, he replied, "Whichever you do, you will repent it."' - Socrates, as quoted by Diogenes Laƫrtius

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." (attributed to Socrates, but may not be by him. Oh well, still a good one )
I really like that! There's a little bit of optimism on both sides..
Old 21-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
LOL BUT only the 1st 2 are unique to marriage.
SuffeRING is free to all!
7L

I actually had other suffeRINGs before my marriage.

However, the suffeRING that comes with a marriage is very special and unlike from any other situations.

Bountiful of personal growth can come out from it.
It is definitely a "must try".
Old 22-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Master
Why do people get married?

habit maybe?
Old 24-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Master
I have always pictured getting married someday. I still have a long ways to go if I ever decide to tie the knot with anyone. Sometimes I think that I don't have to have a paper document stating that I'm going to spend the rest of my life with this person. I would rather be in spiritual bond so we can both learn and grow together. You could still be lonely in a marriage too you might think that your significant other knows all about you or you know all about them.
Old 26-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Experiencer
I feel more safe to have a spiritual contract instead of a legal one. I mean, we already have a dog together, & credit card debt together & share a phone bill. lol even if I wanted to get out it would still be tough to do. Maybe not as tough as having a house or kids..but at least I can make a clean break & not have to worry about divorce? I feel that legality, the government, etc. shouldn't be so involved with "marriage" & morals, & love..I guess that goes into a whole new thread/topic of debate...
Old 29-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Pathfinder
Hey It's an idea and as we deal in ideals till a better one comes along as far as I know its a goodie n an ancient one the flamigos n I think if one dies the other does two there are fish insects monkeys many species bond for life so it can be said its primordial though its one thing to see something and copy/mimic it and another to embody it some are forced into it some do it for convenience some are are traditional in Islam where one man will have many wives will marry into his house his brothers widow when he's past on in Tibet some wemon marry many men all spins on the basic ideal of a union for life...I guess I like thei idea somewhat idealisticaly that there is some one in this life that you would be most attuned to or intuned with as a true life mate not mistakenly takin fondness or convenience for it but the deep knowingness based on your vison for your highest life that this person is the one that best compliments you and you for them so in essence your desination is the same and by unite in this your destiny is fulfilled through those for whom live such a dream manifested it naturally with out some much as looking back and some look on an say I like that I want that its so beautiful the way they are in its purest form that image has lasted aeons... without the traditions involved or even the labeling of the act its self a man and a woman would live and spend the most time together over the course of their lives have children and enjoy each other til death is the purest form of what we call marriage as these two have grown the most and blossomed to me this is why people whom want to do it though you don't need a ceremony just the inner knowing no need to declare its in your all part of your spirit part of your mind in your core rest would be an annocement for greater community so they can bless your union together
Old 29-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Pathfinder
Alexa as to Why do human beings need companionship in order to survie minus the why do
How about I do (as a).
thought of this one day as contemplated karma an life balanced exsistentce full circle or cycle that as a I was grateful for being born how could I honor an repay that gift so to speak n only thing that occurred to me was to have children an do my level best for them would be they way to honor our ancestors an all that is