Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 05-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Master
Bunny Anyone find their music tastes change as one's soul evolves?

It seems that's the case for me lately.

The songs I used to get chills from the most (the kind you get when your Higher Self is moved) don't resonate with me near as strongly. I used to resonate quite strongly with songs that had beautiful piano pieces and pan flutes, bells, etc

But now...it seems as if all the songs that seem to resonate with my HS right now...have a distinct pop flair to them. And they tend to be very happy in lyrics and beat.

When I watched the MLP: FIM song "A True True Friend" about a week ago, my HS practically had what I felt was a spiritual orgasm.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Master
I've had pretty much the same musical taste all my life. Which is actually a very broad enjoyment.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:51 AM
Master
I've always had broad taste in music but it has now expanded to music of India, but I still don't like country. :)
Old 06-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Deactivated Account

I used to be into heavy metal. Not anymore. Had a complete shift in what I like. Prefer some of the softer dubstep now. The melodic stuff.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Master
@Honza: Perhaps that's why it hasn't really changed then XD Good to have a variety!

@skygazer: music of India? I admit I haven't heard that type of music much, I should check it out. As for country, well, there'll always be at least one genre of music one as a whole doesn't really care for. I personally love country, it fed my angsty teenage soul in the 90s. ;)

@ScarlettHayden: Heavy metal? Dayum never would have guessed. Dubstep I'm familiar with. That is a shift!
Old 07-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Haha, I used to love the metalcore stuff. Bring Me The Horizon and Asking Alexandria were my favourites.
I still listen to metal from time to time, especially as my brother likes it and plays it on his system. I don't mind it but I'm not hugely fond of it anymore either. It's like too much starts to depress me.

Harder dubstep is good for getting some energy out without it being depressing and softer dubstep is soothing. :)

Here's one of my favourite songs at the moment if you want to take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddsKm8FRNDo

It's interesting because being brought up Christian I was always told to be careful what I listen to. But for me I've actually found that though music can drag you down or lift you up, what we prefer is already a good reflection of our vibration.:) Metal lyrics are usually highly angsty full of screaming vocals. I was extremely depressed before my awakening. Had a lot of unexpressed anger.

Actually I'll post one of my favourite songs back then for a comparison. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vf3ly4OmM

The title means 'The Gift of Death'.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:22 PM
candelight

Yes, I agree.

In my teens I was all about techno and that sort of music. Ever since the awakening sneaked in, I feel that the music that moves me the most is cinematic music, instrumentals.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:23 PM
candelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Haha, I used to love the metalcore stuff. Bring Me The Horizon and Asking Alexandria were my favourites.
I still listen to metal from time to time, especially as my brother likes it and plays it on his system. I don't mind it but I'm not hugely fond of it anymore either. It's like too much starts to depress me.

Harder dubstep is good for getting some energy out without it being depressing and softer dubstep is soothing. :)

Here's one of my favourite songs at the moment if you want to take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddsKm8FRNDo

It's interesting because being brought up Christian I was always told to be careful what I listen to. But for me I've actually found that though music can drag you down or lift you up, what we prefer is already a good reflection of our vibration.:) Metal lyrics are usually highly angsty full of screaming vocals. I was extremely depressed before my awakening. Had a lot of unexpressed anger.

Actually I'll post one of my favourite songs back then for a comparison. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vf3ly4OmM

The title means 'The Gift of Death'.

ScarlettHayden, what is the difference between dustep and house/electro? :=)

that Morgan Page song sounds very much like house/electro, like something from Ferry Corsten or Tiesto's Club life :=)
Old 09-02-2015, 01:29 PM
littlejbird

yes, even entire 'genres' were cleansed and now, it's just songs that won't resonate with me anymore.. so i stop listening to them and get new ones :)
Old 09-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Guide
I used to love my Christian music. I got rid off ALL my CD's 2 years ago.

Nowadays I prefer listening to Instrumental Zen, Meditational or New Age music.

I have grown to like the music of Karunesh, Maneesh de Moor, some (not all) of Snatam Kaur, also the Sacred Spirit I and II albums occasionally.