Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-05-2022, 05:23 AM
Master
Authenticity

If you think about all those times you’ve given outwardly to others.

Whether it’s over giving through conditioned ideas you should be ‘something’
Or just being you as a caring giving person who naturally likes sharing and kind to others.

It can be a very noble way to live and care for others. It’s important in life we go care, we create time for others in loving kindness. Our intent in being this way in the world is important.

What also arises through the process of becoming more authentic, is our intention deeper in ourselves, it will come up to meet us, where we are coming from, that doesn’t align to our authentic self. To become aware of ourselves as the one giving outwardly and what we house in ourselves in that giving, you’ll understand intent more authentically as yourself the more you allow yourself to open in what you give outwardly and where and what that means within you. On the surface it may feel like your care and love is met with so many challenges that don’t make sense to your own love and care.

The reciprocation is an important guide to move you deeper, to source what that means as the giver and receiver as one. When you find the balance in you as one, you’ll become authentically aligned to the truth of you and that balance as your doing. Your being no longer contained through intentions that are holding you back from you.

Many people who are naturally kind, caring often land in situations in their life, where they have been taken advantage of, where they are challenged by others in their giving in some way. Many can end up in abusive situations, where they let their care and love for another or others, be abused by the deficit they themselves need to source and find within.

Authenticity finds authentic relating, authentic connections and authentic reciprocation. Even if you do not receive as an outward expression, you’ll know from your own heart, your own being, it was important and feels aligned fully to you. It’s a deeper grounded presence that flows as a fluid openness.

Authenticity isn’t concerned about what it’s doing or being. It’s simply being truthful open and aware to move in this way.

Your intent flows from within encompassing all things you seek outwardly to be.
Old 18-05-2022, 05:57 AM
Master
We're all in the same boat, together. I think it's good to give to others but it's not a must, it doesn't make you wrong and that's the most important thing.

If you had that sort of love, then you would.

utopia
Old 18-05-2022, 06:14 AM
Master
We are all in this together indeed.

I think giving and being authentic can be viewed through a lens as ‘just being you’ and the inclusive factor tends to be what it needs to be as the situation is.

It’s not a forced situation but rather an openness to just be you authentic as each moment requires.

I don’t ‘think’ about what I am being and doing, because my mind isn’t holding onto idea about what I should be.

Naturally authenticity can feel itself clear and flowing more freely from within.

There is a natural joy and radiance in that reflection.

And of course the more open and clear you are, the more you just allow others to be as they are.

I like that authentic being doesn’t require you to be anything.

Resting in that awareness can open up all those ideas that we ‘should’ be something, yet we don’t have to be anything we don’t want to be or what others say we should be.

There is great freedom in living this way.

You are balanced to move as your being needs, rather than what a conditioned view decides it has to be.
Old 19-05-2022, 01:25 AM
Master

I often feel that I am always being authentic according to what I know at the time.

When get more information and begin to integrate it there is a period of tension where I might feel inauthe, though that process in itself is still authentic
Old 19-05-2022, 04:30 AM
asearcher

yes being authentic is the way to go, you also come across as something really good and nice to give to others this way, that you will not budge and you dont have vulnerabilities and if so they are your strenght. i think we all deep down long to be authentic.

I have done alot to try to not be so afraid any more and it is working.

for me my boundaries were not where they ought to have been and that is from mental abuse from my childhood. But I was also given love and lots of other good things during childhood so it is a mixed bowl.

the rest, my empathy and caring for other people that is a good thing and not something i intend to try to change about myself. but my boundaries needed to be moved to a more healthy place.

what will happen is that you will then attract the kind of people who knows they can't abuse you, as you have been there too and you know the signs for this and you are not willing to pay the price for somenoe else being mean.

so yes I too believe being authentic is the way to go :) thank you for making this thread
Old 19-05-2022, 04:07 PM
Master
Just Be - I have the word "Authenticity" written on a small white board that is affixed to the front of my refrigerator so that I can be reminded every day to be authentic with both myself and with others. It's not as easy as one would think for some of us because, for women especially, we often grow up learning to be people pleasers and take care of other's needs and feelings before our own.

When one isn't being authentic, anxiety can rule one's life, often followed by depression and a variety of other health matters. It's not natural to go against what your inner voice is telling you that you need at any given moment. I recently had to disappoint a family member that looks up to me by putting my needs first. I tell you, it felt foreign to me and of course I experienced a lot of guilt, but it saved me from stressing out and feeling like I had lost control.

So you see, authenticity is something that takes daily practice in moments of time when one would habitually put other's needs first. However, in doing so, I am acknowledging that I matter. It feels horrible to disappoint someone you love, but setting healthy boundaries makes it all the more easier to practice being authentic again and again. It's hard work, nonetheless though.

Good thread.
Old 19-05-2022, 10:12 PM
Master

I often feel the need to shift my inner questioning from "what don't I want" to "what do I want" in any given situation.

It helps me to shift from fear to better alignment/authetic action.

This is something which I had to learn as someone who gave too much to people who already had more power then me anyway.
Old 20-05-2022, 12:03 AM
Master

I've been so used to formulating 'what I want' and trying to get it that I've had to shift in the opposite direction... sometimes saying 'no' to what I don't want and meaning it is the only way to catch my breath... otherwise I have the same problem, being too giving...
Old 20-05-2022, 03:30 AM
Master
@Redembers

That fits the process of becoming more balanced and building authenticity.

The process I suppose, gets less and less if your in full surrender as things are.

Resistance itself is often the teacher of being open within to what is.

The whole slowing down thing, is often the challenge because most have or still do react rather than stepping back and breathing.

It’s like ‘I want things a certain way’ in this moment they are not and so reactions often believe they’ll get it there and then.

If anything it’s that pause that gives time and space to be more clear and authentic.
Old 22-05-2022, 08:27 AM
Master

The pause helps.

Although I don't always like the consequences of personal authenticity

The loss in the long term is less the sooner one can be authentic.