Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-05-2022, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
To say there is no choice is radical determinism.
I think 'what is best' and 'what you want' is something said individual can decide for him or herself. If someone changes appearance and takes medication and wishes to be called differently, than that should be respected. Continuing to say ''but you have xy chromosomes'' or ''but "you were born a girl'' is pointless. Everyone knows that. It's just not relevant.
Um... I agree, and I don't say that because it's not a microscopic dissection which is reassembled. It's the opposite. Like we know the earth is a globe from far away and incorrectly perceive flatness from close up, 'Genetics' is how everything bio over all time came to 'this'.

However, that's not radical determinism. It's radical probability. Many paths were taken but not possible and never eventuated to now, but of those that did, this one is born such that it will be tall, this such that it will be stocky, and I'm just saying, we haven't a choice in that. I claim, in the same regard and scope, that is akin to male or female, and if the truth is 'you born female', then that's the way it IS. 'Girl' is a gender classification. A 'girl' becomes a 'woman' or sometimes a 'man' (none of which are real things), but a female is a female from birth to death, just like she will be tall if tall.

One does not simply decide what is best as though that is entirely arbitrary. Truthfulness rules out just about all possibilities leaving only a very select few. Trouble is, people want want want, and truth can sometimes be inconvenient to them. There's the choice.
Old 14-05-2022, 02:14 PM
Master

archtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Is an archetype a symbolic generalisation we can use for making categories, or do I not know what and archetype is?
Word archtype was used by Carl Jung to define the various personality type. It is sort of a generic cast/mould into which a person's personality can be categorized . Gender is an archtype (cast / mould of personality ) in the sense that it comes with lot of associated traits / strength /weakness which can be observed in more or less similar fashion world over and time and again .

These are generalizations . I agree that spirit does not have any gender and in meditation and spiritual progress gender has not specific advantage or disadvantage.

While exceptions like trans definitely have an honorable place to live in this world , they are not the norm and hence may experience some indifference and at times ridicule/scorn from people (mostly due to their ignorance / misconceptions) . Due to practical difficulties involved it may not always be possible to accommodate their category in Gender (like organizing sports competition exclusively for Trans) .
Old 14-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Guide

This is a reply to gem's post#70...........I do remember just before my birth and that is what happened to me, I can't vouch for everybody though. True your body is made from all the genetic stuff from your parents, but your soul is a different matter. Your body is amour for your soul.
Look to your life path to answers for how you move forward.(A rough idea of your future plan),I don't understand the trans community so I can't speak for them but your life is Roughly planned out before your birth, and agreed. upon.

ps..........my guides were two men about 30,long brown hair with beards, middle aged dressed in brown robes, like monks floating near me on a dark grey mist.(You may think I'm mad but it's true, I swear).
Old 15-05-2022, 03:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Due to practical difficulties involved it may not always be possible to accommodate their category in Gender (like organizing sports competition exclusively for Trans) .
Yep, pretty tricky, but I think the dual sex classification is outdated and is actually the problem when it comes to unfairness regarding transgender athletes since we want to include trans-athletes in competition but cannot do so with fairness and safety under the current categories. Personally, I'd just stick with the bio, sex, weightclass, age groups we already have and consider trans as a negligible minority in the sense that 'you can't make everyone happy all the time'. If we said just compete as their born-sex, trans men (who took testosterone and other drugs) would compete with females, so females get screwed in trans-inclusive competition no matter what we do. However the language has shifted to 'the sex assigned at birth' because we have the idea that sex is something arbitrary which we choose after being born. I consider that to be a invalid premise and sex is not 'assigned', but simply recorded because it is true. When it comes to 'boy' or 'girl' gender identity, that's imaginary so either or neither is all OK, but its not real and observable. It doesn't matter because we don't really base competitive categories on arbitrary criteria which has nothing to do with biology. Competition is supposed reveal who is best on the day in way that is fair. That why we segregate the sexes. The trans revolution has thrown a spanner in the works, so we try to find a way to include everyone who wants to compete while also making things safer and fairer. Maybe there's way, but the likelihood based on quantative biology is females are not going benefit in terms fairness and safety under any trans inclusive, dual sex categories, policy. That's going make for a bit of drama.