Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-05-2022, 10:13 AM
backhere

intuition or imagination? that’s the question
Old 03-05-2022, 12:18 PM
Master
“Know ThySelf” is the cornerstone of my life’s journey for many decades now, that includes knowing myself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. It also includes trusting myself, knowing my strengths, weaknesses, and my limitations. It takes time going through the process of knowing your own being, and trusting what you have come to know. It is not an objective process based in scientific method. The work on ourselves is ongoing and so is the process of self discovery.

When we come to experience our core, the place where intuition resides, we will know without a doubt that it is our core. It has nothing to do with thought or imagination. The first time I experienced my deeper being, it was an incredibly strong feeling of being at home, like I had never experienced home before. That was more than 40-years ago, and I have experienced it countless times since.

It is also wise to know that every human being is subject to mental health problems. Depression is the most widespread mental illness in the world, and its severity varies among most human beings. The process of life involves learning about our own selves. What has worked for me is nurturing a strong foundation within myself, and there are many methods that can be used over time to accomplish this.
Old 03-05-2022, 08:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhere
that’s what i’m struggling with. to know the difference between intuition, delusion, mental health problem, obsession, limerence, spell, etc. i’m open to all possibilities. i don’t want to blindly believe in something, to be sure of something without questioning. one thing is for sure though: if this person is provoking such intense feelings in me there is something i need to work on. but what exactly? that’s what i’m finding difficult to understand. it’s not clear what the universe wants from me. this current situation is a more intense version of what has happened in the past, it’s a repetition. that’s why i’m acting in an opposite manner this time. to see if this kind of thing stops happening to me. i truly believed it would never happen again, i thought i was over being like that. i was feeling centered and balanced. but it’s not easy to know what i’m supposed to do exactly: run away and ignore the signs and feelings or go after it? in doubt, i’m doing nothing. i believe doubting is a good sign that i’m still sane and not totally crazy.
My suggestion is to use this as an opportunity to begin working on you, on your psychic's development. The only answers you can trust, in my opinion, come only from within, from your inner-guidance, and from your intuition (which is an all-encompassing word for access to your inner-senses).

Being on this forum suggests that you might've already begun your psychic's development quest. If it doesn't give you what you need, then you might need to adjust it somewhat.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-05-2022, 08:25 PM
Master

Quote:
intuition or imagination? that’s the question

This reminds of Rudolf Steiner's imagination, inspiration, intuition.

The way I use this word, intuition means accessing your inner-senses, so it is a perception process beyond your physical-senses. It is not overlapping with instincts, emotions, or intelligence. Most of us have only a rudimentary intuition. It has nothing to do with empathy, or such, either.

Imagination means making up reality in your conscious mind.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:17 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
one thing is for sure though: if this person is provoking such intense feelings in me there is something i need to work on. but what exactly? that’s what i’m finding difficult to understand.
I often have trouble realizing what my feelings are trying to tell me. So what I do is close my eyes, center, focus on the feeling, and ask myself "what am I pretending not to know?" That may sound silly, but I've found it to be remarkably effective. Pay particular attention to any memories/feelings that arise when you ask. Often they'll contain clues to what's going on.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:51 PM
backhere

That’s an interesting question. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
I often have trouble realizing what my feelings are trying to tell me. So what I do is close my eyes, center, focus on the feeling, and ask myself "what am I pretending not to know?" That may sound silly, but I've found it to be remarkably effective. Pay particular attention to any memories/feelings that arise when you ask. Often they'll contain clues to what's going on.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
This reminds of Rudolf Steiner's imagination, It is not overlapping with instincts, emotions, or intelligence. Most of us have only a rudimentary intuition. It has nothing to do with empathy, or such, either.

Imagination means making up reality in your conscious mind.

I’ve met quite a few psychics who shelve their own stuff to read for others. Even when I’ve had a reading, I’ve seen fear arise in them when they are seeing spirits connected to me through their visionary reports back to me and they’ve shuddered. I’ve said to one in particular, what’s wring? She said those archangels with your mother make me afraid, of their power. For me it was just a nice interactive moment.

I found out later on, she told my friend, she puts all her own contents in the freezer..

I’m like ok that makes sense. I don’t.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:09 AM
Master

I quite often feel the phrase and the word "inner - senses" and innocence are deeply connected.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I quite often feel the phrase and the word "inner - senses" and innocence are deeply connected.
The way I use that phrase, there is no connection to innocence. To me, the "inner-senses" are my personality's senses that perceive the non-physical (inner) reality. An integrated result of the inner-senses' perceptions is the intuition. The physical-senses (outer-senses) are my personality's senses that perceive the physical (outer) reality.

Both outer and inner senses are active all the time, but when awake the outer-senses are focused upon. Thoughts are awareness tending to all perceptions, both inner and outer. Awareness never sleeps, but changes focus, projects.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
RedEmbers, I am sure there are various views on this but I also see a connection with the language “inner senses and innocence.” I don’t believe that there is any right or wrong in the various views on this, because after all we are just talking about the language we use for our perceptions.

In the same sense I view the word “intuition” as inner tuition, with the word “tuition” meaning instruction. It is my experience that our senses go deep within us, far beyond what we may imagine. We have outer senses and we also have inner senses. We can feel on the outside and we can also feel on the inside, outer sight and inner sight, or insight, etc. Intuition, in my opinion, is a matter of inner hearing, or being quiet enough inside to listen on a deeper level.

I have developed a wonderful relationship with my deeper being and that relationship began with a modicum of trust. I am amazed at how we may trust someone else but not ourselves; I used to be that way, for what seemed like a long time. I even had to learn trusting the quieting of my own mind.