Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-03-2022, 06:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Really ? Here's Ramakrishna's rendition of the well-known story about the sage king Bharat who reincarnated as a deer.
This may be so in traditional Indian belief, but esoterically it makes no sense.

Peace
Old 05-03-2022, 07:39 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDrum
The Yoga Vashishta also says humans can be reborn as animals:
[/i]

I was told that my cat, Mouse, was a human child in her most recent past life by an animal communicator. I was told that she died being an abused child -- the images of her short life were too painful for the woman to tell me. But she did say that sometimes in cases like that young souls are given life as a beloved pet to heal and recover. She came along as a companion to my Max who came back as her brother, Leo. She gets showered with love and attention by her brother, Leo, and her humans. This is the cat that can bi-locate astrally. I've seen her do it twice already.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:52 PM
Knower
@Traveler: it makes sense that an abused child might wish to be pampered and not to have to worry about how tough the world can be. She's lucky to have you
Old 05-03-2022, 10:16 PM
Master
QUOTE 10 EXCERPT:

Quote:
The Yoga Vashishta also says humans can be reborn as animals:

I'm glad that you brought up the Yoga Vashistha as I attended a group discussion on that years ago and some of the stories are really mind-boggling.
Old 05-03-2022, 10:19 PM
Master
QUOTE 11 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This may be so in traditional Indian belief, but esoterically it makes no sense.

A human reincarnating as an animal makes complete sense to me. That is understandably why the Tibetan Book of the Dead (as well as other wisdom traditions) put such a huge emphasis on the nature of one's thoughts/mental-activity at the time of physical death.
Old 05-03-2022, 10:21 PM
Master
QUOTE 12 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
I was told that my cat, Mouse, was a human child in her most recent past life by an animal communicator.... she did say that sometimes in cases like that young souls are given life as a beloved pet to heal and recover.

I love your post. Thank you for sharing.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:26 AM
Knower
Quote:
I'm glad that you brought up the Yoga Vashistha as I attended a group discussion on that years ago and some of the stories are really mind-boggling.
It is also the most consciousness elevating Veda book I have ever read.
Old 06-03-2022, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
It is also the most consciousness elevating Veda book I have ever read.
While some of the Upanishads are really consciousness-elevating, the Yoga Vashistha really fueled a lot of my meditations and my spiritual mentor provided her translations for some of the more mind-boggling stories therein (with commentary).

Old 06-03-2022, 07:12 PM
Knower
Quote:
my spiritual mentor provided her translations for some of the more mind-boggling stories therein (with commentary)
She translated the Yoga Vasistha from Sanskrit to English?
Old 06-03-2022, 08:32 PM
Ascender

Quote:
@Traveler: it makes sense that an abused child might wish to be pampered and not to have to worry about how tough the world can be. She's lucky to have you

I used to joke that I wanted to come back in my next life as a spoiled and pampered cat. Now I know it's possible!