Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-12-2021, 11:37 PM
Guide

ASK YOURSELF THE QUESTION.

None of us has to take any ones word for the question of is there life after death, we could also ask the question of do you believe in life after birth? You believe in life after birth because you are currently experiencing it. But have we yet experienced our own death? well the answer is yes, if you accept reincarnation, if not then if you want to really know is there life after death, and you do not want to accept the millions of reports that it is true, then perhaps you will listen to yourself! Go within yourself and meditate on the question of whether life is eternal and do we continue living after death? If you persist in this noble endeavour, then you will get an answer that you can therefore accept.

regards michael.
Old 20-12-2021, 12:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K.
Go within yourself and meditate on the question of whether life is eternal and do we continue living after death? If you persist in this noble endeavour, then you will get an answer that you can therefore accept.

Have you done this? I don't believe in reincarnation because I am not convinced that this life is that of a person inhabiting a human body. I have not figured out the mystery yet. Living in a world where every human body behaves as a living person makes it hard for me. So, tell me. What is your take on the life you are living? Are you convinced that you are a person inhabiting a human body?

Last edited by ayar415 : 20-12-2021 at 02:28 AM.
Old 20-12-2021, 04:58 AM
Master
Michael K: The question really is was there life before birth; did you or me exist before we were born here on Earth? People use their memory for continuity of life, and many will say that they have no memory of existing before they were born, or no memory of previous incarnations. But memory is not a good standard for continuity. Human beings while here on earth lose their memory. Lots of people have not developed a good long term memory.

It is a fact that the energy which we are can not be created nor destroyed; it can only be transformed. For me there is evidence all around us of reincarnation, i.e. water evaporates into the clouds and then returns to earth as rain, biodegradable materials are naturally recycled, there are cycles constantly naturally occurring all around us. It seems oddly strange to me to have never existed before, and be born here on Earth never to exist on earth again.

I was in a doctoral seminar on Transpersonal Psychology a number of decades ago, went to it with a female friend. She was chosen from the students who were there for a demonstration of Past-Life Regression Therapy. She was put in a trance and bought back to her childhood, her voice changed to that of a child.

Then the instructor bought her back further to the experience in her mother’s womb, then back to a previous life, or rather a previous death. This woman who I knew was a very intelligent person, but in her past death experience she was a soldier in Napoleon’s army, laying on the floor at the seminar, in pain moaning from wounds related to that previous death, she started speaking French in a man‘s voice.

I knew this woman rather well, she did not speak French, and her voice had changed to that of a male. When she was bought out of the trance she remembered very little of what had occurred when she was in the trance, and her voice was back to its normal female tone which I had heard for many years. This and other related experiences moved me to give reincarnation validity, although I do not believe that everyone who dies reincarnates.

Transpersonal Psychology uses past-life regression techniques to help people go deeper into issues they may have carried over from a previous life. There are things deep within our memory which most people are not aware of, that has an effect on our current thinking and behavior. For instance, we are all born into a particular family, into a particular situation, for a particular purpose. This is part of what may be uncovered in the process of coming to know your self on deeper levels.
Old 20-12-2021, 05:19 AM
Master
I studied Transpersonal Psychology. I even practiced in the field for a short time.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-12-2021, 05:20 AM
Master
Michael K.,
an area where some of us might agree is when life begins. Some say.... at conception some say at 'birth'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-12-2021, 07:38 AM
Master
That’s great to hear BigJohn I also studied it. As far as when life begins, this premise always refers to
“human life,” which infers that life is exclusive to the human state of being. For me, as I perceive it, life has
no beginning or end. Life is eternal, although existing in various different ways.

When does human life begin? Human life in the womb is defined by a fetal heartbeat. We used to refer to a
baby who dies in their mother‘s womb as being “still born.” So the beginning of human life is often defined by
the activity of the fetus. But this begs the question is a human zygote human life, or is a human embryo
human life?
Old 20-12-2021, 09:03 AM
Master

I was one of x thousands of individual sperms swimming furiously to get to my mother's egg. I won, I know that because I'm here writing this.
What about the other swimming sperms where did they end up - and had I not won (the race) who would I be?
Where would I be today?
Basically I (or at least half of me) must have existed before any swimming was done it's just that I wasn't complete and only became 'me' when certain requirements were met. If I have been therefore re-incarnated (as many believe) where was my other half before we came together and was it her or him who re-incarnated (as me) or not?

And so on.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 20-12-2021, 09:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
None of us has to take anyone's word for the question of is there life after death......... Go within yourself and meditate on the question of whether life is eternal and do we continue living after death? If you persist in this noble endeavour, then you will get an answer that you can therefore accept.
such certainty about the outcome for others.....

Can anyone provide supporting evidence for what others will find based on one's personal journey? I respectfully suggest not. Oh it's perfectly reasonable to suggest it MIGHT happen but in my world there are more ways to skin a cat than one..... Decades of meditation might appeal to you but other ways might appeal even more.

By all means do not take another individual's word about life after death but isn't that a reasonable caveat about many important things in life? Don't take anyone's word unless that person has already shown their word to be reliable, authoritative?

Check things out for yourself, see whose words appeal to your reason but look elsewhere if they leave you unsure and doubting.
Old 20-12-2021, 10:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I was one of x thousands of individual sperms swimming furiously to get to my mother's egg.

an alternative perspective: "I" was waiting for one of the sperms of my father-to-be to fertilise the egg of the woman who would become my mother.

When that union occurred I was immediately ready to take over and animate - using my 'energy' - the cells which would in turn become something more organised, eventually becoming an individual that I call "me". But I existed before I animated my present body and I will exist after my body finally fails and dies.

In the future I may undertake another such animation of a different body and in that body I will be a new "me", someone physically new. But inside I will still be "I".

blessings
Old 20-12-2021, 11:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
As far as when life begins, this premise always refers to
“human life,” which infers that life is exclusive to the human state of being. For me, as I perceive it, life has no beginning or end. Life is eternal, although existing in various different ways.

I agree.

It took me a long time before I properly 'got' the notion of our being eternal beings, and long after I'd become familiar with the basic idea. Now I have a different accommodation of it, a different - yet wholly incomplete - grasp.