Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-05-2022, 01:13 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaladdict99
It could be due to certain rituals popular in Hollywood (blood for example)
Way back when rock and roll music exploded, it began with Elvis but so many others jumped on the bandwagon. The teenagers of the day revelled in it because within the music was a culture of rebellion against what came before, their parents hated the music and the culture and that was even more of an impetus.

Really, there's no difference between that and New Age Spirituality. New Age Spirituality is basically a freedom from what came before and people are free to create their own Spirituality.

As Alice Cooper said,
"All the girls and boys
Makin all that noise
'Cause they found new toys"
Old 03-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Guide
Who thinks it is bad? That is the question that will answer your question of why. People of "traditional" judaic based religions always think anything other is bad so who else is telling you that new age is "bad"?
Old 03-05-2022, 07:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Who thinks it is bad? That is the question that will answer your question of why. People of "traditional" judaic based religions always think anything other is bad so who else is telling you that new age is "bad"?
It is not just those who are traditionally religious who question some of the New Age spirituality.

Maybe "bad" is not the right word. But in over 40 years of engaging in New Age stuff (besides traditional Yogic practices) I have come across my fair share of nonsense. Unfortunately the New Age community is not immune from self-glamour and illusion.

But I still find it an encouraging movement in the right direction. Yes, the New Age is still in its infancy but it will mature with time.

Peace
Old 03-05-2022, 08:29 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with that

Namaste
Old 03-05-2022, 08:39 PM
Master

I think that you can find some good intentions, ideas, people in New Age, but the less good ones give an overall bad impression. Probably what I dislike most are the wishful-thinking and the aggressive intolerance for others' opinions. It gives an impression of mind-numbing framework.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But I still find it an encouraging movement in the right direction. Yes, the New Age is still in its infancy but it will mature with time.

What do you mean by ''mature'' in this context?
Old 23-05-2022, 07:06 AM
Experiencer
New Age spirituality is given the stigma of being 'bad' because there are some nasties in the shadows who don't want people waking up. Discovering who & what we really are. Subtle rather than an inquisition. Makes peer pressure the sole force to erode it.

Finding the truth comes from two sources. The ones you find yourself and the ones you're willing to accept told by others.
Old 23-05-2022, 11:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But I still find it an encouraging movement in the right direction. Yes, the New Age is still in its infancy but it will mature with time
Entropy is basically a measure of how an enclosed system become chaotic, and Spirituality has become very much an entropic system. People can believe anything they like without any thought of validity or even common sense. Terms and words are taken from various other fields of human understanding, redefined to suit agenda and given the label 'Spiritual' and often there is little or no understanding of their original meanings. Not to mention the redefinition of ancient understandings.

'Mature' is not a word I would use.
Old 23-05-2022, 06:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Entropy is basically a measure of how an enclosed system become chaotic, and Spirituality has become very much an entropic system.
'Mature' is not a word I would use.
wiki:
"A consequence of entropy is that certain processes are irreversible or impossible ..."
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-05-2022, 06:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
What do you mean by ''mature'' in this context?
The negative side of the New Age is that there are many people claiming all sorts of things, attracting gullible followers who seem to lack the knowledge and discrimination to ask sensible questions.

For example, those who currently claim to channel various Ascended Masters. There are many such books, most of which are filled with trite observations lacking any real depth. It is hard to take them seriously, although some people obviously do. Which is OK - it is all a learning process for those involved.

Which is why I say that the New Age movement has its fair share of illusion and glamour - people wanting to be seen as someone spiritually special.

So I hope that over time the sillier aspects of the New Age movement will be discarded and people will focus more on that which is true and relevant. That is what I mean by "mature".

Peace