Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 13-04-2022, 10:28 AM
Guide
Dream about alcoholic mother

My mother is an alcoholic.
In my dream I was trying to confront her and I felt so much anger. And she was purple (and deformed - as if the exaggerated alcoholism like red whiskey nose etc, slurred speech and dehydration)

I was so hurt and angry and frustrated and the dream made me realize this is how I feel about the situation. I feel angry at her, and yet I realize that she herself must be in a lot of pain but it feels like any attempt to help her is futile.

The well of emotions really overwhelmed me in the dream and I feel like I am still angry after waking up. It’s like the dream reopened those wounds I thought were not a problem ( I don’t live in the same country as my parents anymore ).
Old 14-04-2022, 06:46 PM
Guide
I suspect this dream is "opening" what you think are old wounds that you thought were healed to show you that they are not healed and that you need to resolve your feelings. Maybe do some research on your mother's childhood and what happened to her before you were born and while you were a child that led her to be self destructive and seemingly uncaring of you. Typical addicts (including alcoholics) are self destructive and do what ever they can to distance themeselves from the people who love them. I don't know why, but it is a very clear pattern. And that behavior, what ever it takes, to get people who love you to leave is usually extremely hurtful to those people. You have to find a way to resolve this or it will haunt you. I am speaking from experience and still struggling with it even though my alcoholic parent is dead now.
Old 14-04-2022, 09:46 PM
Madamedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
You have to find a way to resolve this or it will haunt you.
It doesn't have to be that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
I feel angry at her, and yet I realize that she herself must be in a lot of pain but it feels like any attempt to help her is futile.
I suspect you already have an idea of what you want to do about this situation.
Old 17-07-2022, 04:57 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Drunk in your dream is your desire for anonymity in a situation. You are having difficulties conveying your thoughts. There is something that you are desperate to eliminate from your life. This dream hints secrecy and a repression of thoughts. You may be reflecting on certain decisions you have made in your life. Drunk in this dream draws attention to a conflict with your subconscious. You may feel that you are not able to fully express your emotions. You have not digested or accepted some messages. This dream indicates your unyielding attitude. You are not confronting your anger. Mother in dream is a metaphor for feelings of anger or pent up emotions. You are running away from someone. You need to let go of some grudge. This dream is a hint for life or fear. You are keeping your emotions contained, which can be harmful to your well-being in the end. Mother dream is a hint for your thoughts and fears of death. You need to put some distance between yourself and others. You need to walk more and be active. Your dream signals your ability to yield in your decisions and your way of thinking. You are prevented from expressing your anger and other negative emotions. Dream about both “Drunk” and “Mother” is sadly a warning signal for your severe attitude or some sort of self-punishment. All your hard work is paying off. You are too focused on one thing that you are missing out on something. The dream is an admonition for issues of moral judgment and guilt. Someone is trying to force their opinion or view on you. Dream about drunk mother symbolises possibilities and potentials. It is time for you to move away from a group setting and venture out on your own. You are bringing or making an offering. Your dream is an indication for your struggle with power. You are undergoing a significant change in your life.