Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 11-03-2021, 11:25 PM
Pathfinder
African grey learned a phrase we never use around him!

He started saying here i go or here we go, cant exactly remember. but hes said it several times already so i expect him to say it again.
I never use those words together, my aunt doesnt use that phrase, we dont have visitors much, when we do they dont stay long, and ive never heard them say that..
i know african greys can learn a longer string of words the first time they hear it.. but this is so interesting!

i cant find anything on google about it, but this isnt the first time hes said weird things.

where did this bird get this legit phrase from?
[spirits probably. :P]

fun fact about african greys. They dont just mimic. They intuitively seem to understand context somehow.

My aunts dog kept getting in my way, and I kept telling her to move. This bird didnt just pick the word up, he used it when I was moving his cage around.
If the bird wants the light off to go to sleep, he will say night night.
If the bird hears the phone he will say Hello?
He doesnt have like a crazy big vocabulary, though, I guess thats why its a little weird too.

Maybe he heard it a long time ago and didnt forget it and just now started using it again out of nowhere. Thats the only thing I can come up with.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:29 PM
Master
Lol: awww: that’s great news—-

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 16-05-2021, 05:47 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriah
fun fact about african greys. They dont just mimic. They intuitively seem to understand context somehow.

oh amazing! animals are so much more than we think they are a lot of the time
Old 09-11-2021, 11:25 PM
Ascender

African Grey parrots are incredibly smart. Did you ever read about Alex the African Grey parrot? He learned to count.
Old 17-11-2021, 07:02 PM
Dude111

Ahhhhhh they are so beautiful

I have a friend who just loves them!!