Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Master
Wow Tilia you are so fortunate to have her, I only wish I could find someone like her to help me :)
xoxo
Spiritlite.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Trieah

WOOHOO!!!!! I'm so glad to hear that all is well. I know this kind of stuff can be rough. But sometimes it's also necessary.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Master
:) TOtally agree Trieah...
Spiritlite.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Master
Tilia and others

I'd be pleased if you would explain it all a bit more to me. I'm a bit lost in the understanding. Are you suggesting that present life issues are brought through from a past life?
Sorry i'm a little sceptical about past life stuff because I see everything as being in the moment. Is there a possibility that the problems you speak of spring from emotional triggers in this life?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Master
Good question NightSpirit and I look forward to the answer.
Spiritlite.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Sungirl

Hi Nightspirit

I guess I could explain it in 2 ways, one may resonate with you more than the other.

Using the concept of reincarnation, yes some issues could be brought into this life from previous ones. One issue I have had ALL my adult life is with sex, I have had abusive relationships that led to me developing vagninsmus. I worked on the physical side for years but it wasn't until I had a spontaneous regression during a simple chakra meditation that left me with a screaming woman in my head that I started to truly understand. After 3 days of this screaming woman I had a healing and it turned out that I had been raped in a previous life. I had lived a life where I was seen only as an object to be used

Don't get me wrong, the effects of remembering this were not a patch on what I imagine women feel having gone through it in this life, but the effect of that regression was serious. It explained why I had let boyfriends treat me so badly, how I was unable to say no to a man... because I had brought in a belief that I had no right to say no. Healing that life led to me being stronger with the man I was with at the time.

There have been others that have led to great healing along with ones that have brought understanding about who I am as a soul. For instance I have a very strange fascination with Russia and specifically the Russian revolution. I do not like to travel, and yet I often get a yearning to go to Moscow. I love reading about the Zsar and love Dr Zivago (even if I can't spell it).... turns out I was there as a small girl, living in a palace although I don't think I was royalty or anything special.

This leads me to believe that we do bring stuff through, stuff that happened to us in past lives that needs healing because they have left wounds. Heal that life and it echoes through to this life and heals the wounds you are still carrying.

But... you could also explain it in a more "acceptable" way.... we take in images subliminally all the time, images of what life was like in history. If we dig into our psyche to find the reason for something it is possible that we tap into images, archetypes if you wish, to explain, understand and heal situations that may be difficult to explain in this life.

Either way it does seem to work. I personally choose the first explanation as it makes sense to me with what I have experienced.

If you believe that time isn't linear then I will add that I am almost certain that I have flashes of future lives.. although they could be parallel universes as it is very "post-apocalyptic" very dark, lots of burning cars and grimy shattered people.... or maybe I just have a vivid imagination.....

The most important thing I would say though is that it is important imho to not go looking for these lives, to not try to drag them up by force. We don't remember these lives for a reason, it's because many of them are horrific!

Think about history, only a 100 years ago (less in other countries) the majority of people lived hard lives, women have been treated badly for thousands of years, there has been slavery, war, or poverty for the majority of the human race at one time or another.. what are the chances of you picking a wonderful life out of the millions that were terrible?

In my experience regression is a last resort and it MUST be done in a healing environment with someone you trust implicitly to take control if you find yourself in a place that is so terrible you can't get out yourself. I know this, I have been there. One life I went back to was awful, I was lost in the emotion and fear. My healer NEVER touches me in a healing, NEVER, because it interferes with my energy. That time she put her hand on my head to give me the energy to get out.

All my regressions have been spontaneous, they may have started as a simple visualisation of going to a safe place, or opening a door to see inside a situation. Maybe she has asked me to go back to a time when I first felt this way, or asked a part of my body why it hurts... and I have had no choice but to go there.

I don't want to scare people, or make me sound amazing... all I want to do is try to stop people facing situations they don't expect and don't have the skills to deal with on their own. Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm rubbish at dealing with stuff on my own.... but I would never go digging without Hilary there to help.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Master
Hi Tilia

Thank you for your extensive and informative responses to my questions.

I gather from this that you're a strong believer in re-incarnation, rather then parallel universes all happening in the Now? I guess that's because of our consciousness in linear time-frame.

I once believed as you do, but have since let that go...(long story). I work within the moment, or this life, and find i can achieve similar results to yourself. Of course, each of us process in unique ways and all comes out in the wash.

I always stick to the idea of "if it works for you, then stick with it."

Once again i appreciate your candidness and find it all interesting....always remaining open.

Pray that all goes well for you.

Cheers
Old 05-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Sungirl

HI nightspirit...

The thing is I don't choose the way I am working. There is no active decision to see time as linear, or rather the imagery being historically specific, it is just how it comes to me.

In the end I guess "past life" is just a term that is used and it is possible that all of these lives are being lived in the now.. but somehow I don't actually see how that would line up with the way I experience them, I can skip ahead and back.

As you say, it's all down to how each person works... I often think we have our own truths that are not at all real truths, they are simply metaphors for the actual truth. Maybe one day we will know what the actual truth is.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Guide
Dear tilia,

Please read this post by Spirit Guide Sparrow in the thread Common Questions About the Afterlife, post # 401, perhaps his view could be of any use to you. I hope so.

BTW, if you posted here, I assume, it is because you want to share your experience and it necessary sparks different views and reactions on the matter.

Love and light,
TISS

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiss
Namaste,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any use for our spiritual growth to know details about our past lives: where? when? how? with whom?

If so, how to use it for good.

Is it a knowledge that spontaneously opens to us on the right time or there is a specific practice to access it?

With high appreciation,
TISS

First, perhaps, think about replacing the term spiritual growth with Self-Awakening. You are not a human being embracing a spiritual experience, but an inquisitive spirit embracing the complexities and questions surrounding the human condition. You are not so much growing, but awakening that which you already are, but are currently unaware of. You are bringing your remembrance of Self into being by creating experiences of it in physical reality. Your soul does indeed grow from this experience, but it is your spirit which is Self-Awakened through the process and journey.

Who you were in a past life is not who you are anymore. Who you once were was a completely different persona, a different garment of attributes, which were forged together by the circumstances of that lifestyle and quality of life at that time. A human life is not a very good or accurate representation of your True Self as it is in spirit state, for the great many influences of this physical domain tend to cloud the real picture. Knowing who you once were or what you once did in another life would at best reveal the values you held during that time period by the actions you took. Often times when looking at the past, human beings often undertook roles and deeds necessary to survive and provide for their family. This was the main focus and aspiration for their lives. Glancing back upon these past scenes would reveal very little of your spiritual nature in fact, but more so of the personality traits associated with the persona you had become at that time. For example, just because a human being was a murderer in a past life, does not mean to say in the spirit world they are not divinely blessed and of great spiritual character. It would simply be that the circumstances of physical state and survival instinct which often dominates human behaviour drove that individual to commit desperate acts of violence as a means to cope with their life, and the heavy burdens and difficulties which come with it. Yet, in the spirit world, where such difficulties essentially cease to exist, that individuals True Self is reawakened to its former grace.
The message is, the information you retrieve back from a past life will often create far more questions than provide answers. It may also re-open wounds which have since healed, or are in the process of healing. Some therapist will tell you that the answers to healing your present circumstances lie in confronting your deep dark painful past. This is not necessarily true for it only opens doors which are best left closed. This is not to say everyone has a gruesome violent past, though moral values were significantly different in times past.

Memories of past lives are most often carried forward with the consciousness of a being, if they are of a specific vibration, when they are born. This is to say they will bring these memories with them. It is far more difficult to access such memories as a fully grown adult who did not come into this life with them. But this capacity is not barred from you either. Memories are contained and transferred through layers of vibration. As your vibration increases, your cellular memory also expands, so too your capacity to receive information of spherical language and format. I spoke of this previously. The more light you are able to create and hold, the more information you can access and process as a being. Sometimes random images, scenes and sensations which seem out of place and sheer fantasy will appear in your mind, at such times do not dismiss them so quickly as these will often be forms of memory retrieval. These are sometimes triggered by touch, smell, taste, sound and powerful images, or at times when you are doing the dishes or other casual states.

If at all such knowledge comes into your possession, it is best used to understand the complexities of the human condition and what mistakes are not to be repeated. Such knowledge is best used to comprehend the nature of the species as a whole, and what is best for its future, and what is not. For it is humans have walked the Earth for 5 million years, and three times have they met with near complete extinction.

-Sparrow
Old 05-06-2011, 05:42 PM
mattie

Different Roles

In our journey it is said that at one time or the other we play all the roles (of humanity). This includes what we would call the good & bad ones.