Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Dawn

Watching with a child-like fascination. . .

I wonder how many others have noticed this.

I've recently recalled another one of my past lives. What got me the most, however, was when my body had been injured and fell to the ground (in the middle of a big battle that was going on) my soul left my body, all ready to disconnect with the body and move on. I / it seemed kind of surprised when that link wasn't severed. I saw a couple of my guides there and, as warm and welcoming as they were, they let me know it wasn't time to leave that body yet.
I just nodded once with understanding and sat down beside my body. I tried giving my body comfort, letting it know it'd be okay and knowing on some level, at the back of it's mind, the body would know it would be okay, then contented myself to sitting there.
There soul me was, in the middle of this huge battle, people fighting one another and killing, just watching everything like a little kid. Interested in everything, fascinated and intrigued.

This isn't the first time I've recalled a past life of mine, where I saw myself pass out of my body and act that exact same way. There was peace, yes, but I felt, from myself, from my soul anyway, this incredible sense of curiousity, wanting to watch and take in everything, like trying to understand how it all worked, fascinated and yet a bit at a loss over it.

I don't know if any of you have seen this from your own pasts and passing over, but I find it interesting. I mean, our souls were just IN a body. They understood how we felt, how we thought, why we acted in the way we did, yet when they were outside of the body, it was like watching an animal in a cage at a zoo. You're just curious and fascinated by it all and don't really seem to understand the "why's" about why it does what it does.

Anyone have any suggestions, insights, or stories you'd like to share about this? I'd love to hear...erh... read them. ^_^
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Avalancediscoverer

Nice, Soul is a very curious consciousness I guess. Once when I had NDE, I remember feeling very very curious about everything. Everything was so exciting, and new. It felt like the whole universe was there to explore....

Do you do past life regressions on your own? If so, can you give me few tips for what kind of things should a beginner expect?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Dawn

lol Very curious indeed!

Yuppers, I do past life regressions on my own.

What a beginner should expect? Well, past life recall is sort of different for every person. I mean, I recalled my first past life one day after I went to my first visit at a healing store (had lots of crystals and stones and books and inscence, and other 'healing items'). I'm not entirely certain what initially triggered it, my own curiousity about my past lives, that very moving visit to the store (long story), or being in the presence of my friend who, in a past life, I shared with and was in love with.
For me, when a past life is right on the edge of coming to my conscious mind, it's like an itching at the very edge of my mind. You know the feeling of when you've forgotten something but you can't quite remember what that something is? You know you know what it is, but you just can't grab ahold of it yet? That's what it's like for me.
However, like I said, it's different for everyone what they sense and what they do to be open and receptive when these memories come.

Also, for me, it's sort of like watching everything 2 ways. Some moments I'll be within my own body from that time, looking out from that pov. But the rest of the time I'll be outside of myself, outside of my body. . . sort of like watching a movie playing out in front of myself. Except that it's a past life of mine, and not a movie. ^_^
My best advice for you? Just go with the flow. Don't force yourself to want to remember. Just kick back, relax, and they'll come on their own, like bubbles in a glass of soda I suppose. They'll 'surface' on their own.
For me, I guess it's simply been the 'wanting to know' aspect of it that's helped open me up and allow them to flow into my current mind.

Hm... not sure what else I can say that may be helpful to you AvalanceDiscoverer. ^_^U
However, if you have any more questions or feel like sharing anything else, please, feel free to do so. There are many wonderful people here who will regard you with respect and help in whatever way they can.

Edit :
Ah, right, before I forget, just, fair warning, there are a LOT of worlds that life exists on and not all of them have 'human' life on them. Trust me when I tell you, I was kind of taken aback a couple weeks ago when I recalled I lived as a dinosaur here on Earth waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back when (trust me, I know how totally nuts that sounds, you don't have to tell me about it lol I was saying the same thing up until I actually remembered for myself!), another where I was some sort of royalty (or had a very rich family) and had a guard, but, the thing was, I was some sort of humanoid lizard (humanoid = standing up right on back legs, two arms, one head), and my guard was trying to protect me from an assassin, and then over the past few days I've been recalling a past life where I lived at least three lives on a world where the inhabitants were half human half animal. (My consciousness was kinda fighting it at first, going 'yeah right, this is sooo not for real. I was either a human or a goat or a deer or something. Those Greecian myth creatures aren't real. Pfft.'. After I stopped fighting it and just let the memories come, I've been kind of amazed / stunned at who I was. I was one of many people there who were this curious hybrid of part deer or horse, and part human. You know the centaurs from Greek mythology? Yeah. Not too far off in terms of appearance. What gets me even more is when the first fight broke out in that life, a soldier centaur and a big ol' dragon -and I'm talking BIG here- came to stop the fight. I'm still learning as I go, but from what I was able to gather from my memories thus far, either that one dragon or dragons as a whole on that planet were regarded as leaders to be revered and feared, to be showed great respect because they had a lot of power and sway on that world. And if you ****ed one off, they had no problems killing you off because of it.)

So... yeah... whatever you end up remembering, no matter what form, don't fight it, because there are a LOT of different species out in just our physical universe alone. (which says nothing about the other universes and realities that I won't go into detail about since I've rambled on enough right now ^_^U) Just accept whatever comes and be thankful you are being able to remember these past lives of yours again. And, enjoy.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:54 PM
CJ82Sky

dawn thanks for sharing! i do know what you are talking about. in my thread about gettysburg in the reading request forum i just went into a bunch of detail about a past life that linked me and a friend to two souls that were trapped at gettysburg that latched on to us when we went there a week and a half ago. interesting stuff.

i do a lot of past life work as well and try to document first and then go back and historically verify as much as i can about what i see/feel/believe/remember. it makes for a very nice sense of verification when i put together my own timeline without the help of documented history to find that it coincides exactly with key historical events such as the start of the civil war, the pony express, and the foundation of deadwood.