Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-05-2011, 05:21 AM
MoonDancer

How to remember

How do you remember? I get little vague flashes of events that I believe I lived. Do people use different methods? Is there a way to just train yourself? I'd like to be able to strengthen it. Or does it just come with being more intuned?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:20 AM
emmabee1990

I always wonder how to remember it myself, i never get flashes or anything like you but if i knew what happened then i could make sense of my life now.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Master
you can start by analyzing things or situations you like or dislike,or fears you have for no apparent reason coming from this life, there is often a reason for these opinions that started in a past life, but of course this doesnt always give an explanation of how or why something from a past life experience lingers in this one...many people get past life regressions....myself i was able to view nearly every one of my lives in the Akashic records, where each life is a scene waiting on a "screen" of sorts for your attention to be placed on it, which activates it and allows you to watch what happened from within the scene...the way i was able to do this was by practicing having OBEs consciously, and working through the lessons on each plane so as to earn the right to go further up and further in, and along the way i was able to stop and watch my past life situations and see the seeds of karma i sowed in the past...you could try stating to yourself that during sleep you WILL go there and see your own records, as well as be able to remember the experience upon awakening ( yes the law of assumption)...good luck~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 09-05-2011, 03:25 AM
MoonDancer

Thanks for the advice Shabda I do also need to be able to remember my dreams more clearly
Old 09-05-2011, 03:28 AM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
Thanks for the advice Shabda I do also need to be able to remember my dreams more clearly

I'm with you! I really don't like to use the word "hate" but I hate it when I wake up my dream immediately starts to vanish from my memory and I can only grasp at little bits and pieces of it. I feel like I'm missing puzzle pieces lol. I have some crazy dreams and if I could only remember them, maybe I'd be able to understand things a little easier
Old 09-05-2011, 03:30 AM
surrendertotheflow

I get little flashes sometimes too, like you said. I feel very drawn to Asian culture and music, and I have wondered at times if that is linked to something from a past life. But I couldn't really tell ya
Old 09-05-2011, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
if i were you, i would start with that, say to yourself and believe and feel it as you say it, that you WILL remember you dreams upon awakening, this technique works for many people, and if you do start to remember them more, put some thought (attention) into what occurred and why, what it means to YOU, no one is better able to reveal the meanings of dreams than ourselves, those dream interpretation books are all bunk, there is no such general meaning to any dreams, especially being that we are ALL individuals, with our own experiences and lessons to learn...give it a try on your own, only YOU know what certain experiences meant to you, and the effects they had on you, so who else could possibly interpret a dream for you?? thats right~! only YOU~! you CAN do it~! by the way?? youre welcomed to the advice, its completely free, i hope it serves you well
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 09-05-2011, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
I'm with you! I really don't like to use the word "hate" but I hate it when I wake up my dream immediately starts to vanish from my memory and I can only grasp at little bits and pieces of it. I feel like I'm missing puzzle pieces lol. I have some crazy dreams and if I could only remember them, maybe I'd be able to understand things a little easier
you try it too~! and at the VERY least, both of you, keep a dream journal, the hardest part of that is waking up and writing memories, thoughts, feelings from dreams down before they vanish from the awareness, but i can tell you, that if you go back and re-read at the end of each month, you WILL be surprised at the things you will learn about yourself, your habits, the meanings of the dreams, etc...try it~!
Rumi
Old 09-05-2011, 03:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
I get little flashes sometimes too, like you said. I feel very drawn to Asian culture and music, and I have wondered at times if that is linked to something from a past life. But I couldn't really tell ya
yes! of course it is~! do you have another experience from this life to explain that? look further in and further up~!! find out for yourself~!
Rumi
Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 AM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
you try it too~! and at the VERY least, both of you, keep a dream journal, the hardest part of that is waking up and writing memories, thoughts, feelings from dreams down before they vanish from the awareness, but i can tell you, that if you go back and re-read at the end of each month, you WILL be surprised at the things you will learn about yourself, your habits, the meanings of the dreams, etc...try it~!

I will!!! Perfect timing to read this post. I am going to bed now, lol. Goodnight all!!!!!