Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-08-2023, 04:40 PM
Newbie ;)

The Differentiation of Spirituality, Religion, Magic, and Mysticism

In the ages of old before the advent of science there was an interest in what people deem as religion. However it appears that there were three other categories of knowledge that were intertwined about. There is now correct understanding that spirituality, mysticism, and magic are not religion. They all have intersections with one another but do not fall under one category. In this short paper the differentiation of these studies will be discussed.

It should be understood that one variance or difference will be noted by each one. In religion the deity is a main component. In spirituality it must be known that the spirit is vital. In mysticism the causal body. Lastly in magic it is antimatter. There are many differences and variances but these are what can be noted for now.
An example of a deity would be Amaterasu of the Shinto religion. In case of the spirit it is difficult to qualify.
An example would be the spirit of a person who is deceased. It is not to be confused with the soul which shall not be spoken about in this paper.

In mysticism the causal body of a celestial body is a case of this phenomenon.
Lastly in magic the antimatter of a magic trick can relay many effects. These are all concepts that vary in difficulty of its understanding. Some are more obscure than others.

The causal body in mysticism is mystifying. It is the mystical body of something caused. Like said before the causal body of a celestial body is an example. Mysicticism is a study that can be observed from the celestial bodies. There are numerous aspects of mysticism that must be noted. The causal body of the earth can be studied well. It appears that in mysticism there are number of things that allow a person to utilize or perform it.
A person can very much well realize that each celestial body has its own facets. Perhaps it should be understood that every person who is a mystic can incorporate mysticism into their life. You can very well study mysticism to inact many causes.

Magic is a subject that not very many people know about in this day and age. The magic of magicians on stage is one example of a type or kind of magic. Playing cards are a European past time that many magicians have in their arsenal to perform magic tricks.
The antimatter of a magic trick can be very well be assimilated to inact a magical effect. In case of a playing card trick the movement of a card makes the antimatter create a signature. This signature creates an amazement within the audience and spectators. The amazement of the audience cannot force a magician to reveal his trick. The showing of the magic actually harms magic.

The deities in religion are numerous. Each religion has its own deities. It appears that in every religion there are deities with different characteristics. Tsukyomi is a kami in Japanese religion. A kami is a Japanese diety or god. In Shinto there are numerous stories of the gods. There is a genealogy of his sibling named Amaterasu. It is believed the Imperial family of Japan is descended from her. In Buddhism there are human personages who have divine characteristics.
An example of two of these types of personages are Arhats and Boddhisatvas. They are held in high regard under that of the Buddhas. The most well known Buddha is named Shakyamuni.
Spirituality has many types of spirits. The spirit of a deceased person is believed to be able to communicate with that of the living. You should realize that the spirits of the deceased must be understood to represent the former living person. There are other spirits within spirituality that can be realized. They are highly unknown to the public. One more facet of spirituality is the living spirit. It is recognized that every living person has a spirit.

This short paper is highly eclectic and talks of many subjects. In order to discern more fully these subjects a person must refer to sources other than this one. Some texts are esoteric while others are mainstream. Texts are not the only sources to learn about these studies. Television, movies, internet, and video games can instruct a person about all of these.
Thus, please know a person can study these on his own or under that of an instructor.
In conclusion review these contents and learn well.
Old 12-08-2023, 07:15 PM
Master

I agree that there are fundamental differences between spirituality, religion, mysticism and magic, even though there are areas where these overlap.

But when it comes to explaining these differences and differentiating between spirituality, religion, mysticism and magic, then I am a great believer in simplicity.

And unfortunately when you speak of the causal body of a celestial body in mysticism or the antimatter of magic then you have lost me. And I do have a certain familiarity with all these subjects.

So thank you for your attempts to explain these things but (for me at least) it has not clarified anything.

Peace
Old 13-08-2023, 03:29 AM
Newbie ;)

O I see. I appreciate the reply. Its very difficult to understand. I see that the specific aspects of these topics may be difficult to comprehend but I hope it still gives people insight.
Old 13-08-2023, 04:25 AM
Experiencer

With some thought about this I did get some insights into what magic is. Previously I always just dismissed magic as a lesser form of reality and assumed it was purely physical or based on illusion. And often misunderstood and misused to promote fear. But now I have reconsidered it.

Since we are connected with everything and our thoughts matter, and our intentions influence our reality, then magic also must be considered to be part of life. Not to be feared but to be understood. The secretive nature reminds me of how homeopathy works.

So now I have a better understanding how it fits into the whole and more respect for the paths of others. This is important to me because I have struggled to understand religions that put emphasis on magic. For the other religions such as Buddhism, those are relatively easy. Anyhow my purpose here is to be inclusive.

Thanks for the topic.
Old 13-08-2023, 07:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Previously I always just dismissed magic as a lesser form of reality and assumed it was purely physical or based on illusion.
Stage magic is certainly based on illusion, misdirection and sleight of hand. We know that the magician uses special equipment, and part of the appeal is that it leaves us wondering how an illusion was achieved.

Otherwise magic is a system of physical, mental, and spiritual exercises to bring about specific results. Crowley defined magick as "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will", and spelled it with a 'k' to distinguish it from stage magic.

Part of this is learning to use astral and etheric energies through visualisation and concentration to manifest results on the physical plane. Perhaps this is what the OP meant by "antimatter". And through the use of the Will the magician summons astral and etheric elemental intelligences to do his or her bidding. Hence the use of rituals and costumes in certain magical practices. It creates an environment which supports mental concentration. The magician becomes immersed in the task.

Peace