Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-06-2023, 11:31 PM
Knower

Walking with the shadow self- shadow work

I am just wondering if any of you have done shadow work through your spiritual journey, the shadow referring to the ego, I have heard a few people say they they combat this by not lying, but for me it was so much more, I revisited my past life, inner child, and walked with the shadow for self discovery, I was left with dred and realisation, shame and guilt for myself, how I discovered myself to be easily led, not in a bad way, but trusting others who took advantage of me. And I have to admit it was hard to deal with, but I realised it was true, and I had to accept it.

It was a long journey, there were various shadows that resembled me, and I realised how I let my ego take over thinking I know how to spot a bad person, when I didn’t, I was vulnerable and open. I think I used active imagination unintentionally described by Carl Jung Swiss psychologist. Which I later discovered. Where we are met with our unconscious self, the parts we bury within, for the reason we don’t want to face.

It was after this journey I felt like I discovered something unique that I could never go back, if that makes sense? Like finding oneself, the hidden parts.
Old 29-06-2023, 07:28 PM
Knower

I have done a lot of shadow work. The freedom you feel when you come out on the other side is so worth it. I experienced some, but not too much shame or guilt. My mindset is that we are all here to grow, so mistakes will continue to be made and grown out of in a repeated cycle. And that is life and therefore neutral.
Old 30-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Knower

Yes that’s exactly how I felt it was amazing, my shame and guilt was more for thinking I knew everything when it was my ego, surpressing the ego is the best thing ever, it’s like fully being in the driving seat of your vessel, and responding to situations differently without ego. I don’t let things bother me anymore either, owning the shadow was totally worth it ���� love this guys work how he uses visuals https://youtu.be/Q5J9i97Cyc8

Last edited by vibrations : 31-07-2023 at 02:06 PM.
Old 31-07-2023, 06:45 PM
Knower

I love that feeling when I respond without ego as well. It feels so grounded, like it truly comes from the center of my soul, the core of my being. Very freeing.
Old 02-08-2023, 04:17 PM
Knower

Yes from the core - like an intuition feeling, greater than a light bulb moment but connected to the inner core.