Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 13-09-2020, 09:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Smile Quran Recitation So Peaceful 😌

Hello Beloveds,

I have been on a seeking journey for a long time now and come from a Christian faith background. About 10 years ago I had started exploring ‘new age’ beliefs and these brought me peace at the time, but then I returned to my Christian faith with a passion I’d never felt before and I experienced strong closeness and connection with God through worship music. More recently though, I began searching for an even deeper connection and understanding and began following Richard Rohr and Cynthia Bourgeault. Exploring the more mystic side of Christianity. At this point, I forgot to explain earlier that about 5 years ago I suddenly became very confused by the trinity and the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. And so my focus became ‘just on God’. So whilst exploring the Christian mystics, it still didn’t calm my mind about my thoughts of Jesus.
Just last week, I came across a Mooji video (I had followed him for a while years ago) and when I viewed this video - in which he was assisting another to find his ‘true self’ - I found I had the experience myself along with the participant and felt, for a fleeting moment, that soul self in my heartspace. This is the moment I could no longer worship God ‘out there’ anymore and I knew God was in my heart. I’d known this on an intellectual level for many years but had never experienced it for myself until now.

Anyhow, I realise I’m taking a long while to explain why I am on the Islam thread and telling you all of this! ☺️ Let me get to that now......

2 days ago I started my seeking again for more understanding. I found myself chatting with some Muslims and listening to them reciting the Quran. It bought such peace and a powerful blissful feeling in my heart 💓 I have been listening to a recitation album every waking hour since and feel so much peace. A peace I’ve not felt in a long time (if ever!).

I have so many questions that I don’t think I can put them all here at once, but my main one is why do I feel such peace just listening to this recitation? Is Allah the same as God? By that, I mean , this God energy that I’ve been praying to and worshipping all these years, is that the same ‘spirit’ as Allah? I think these 2 big questions are enough for now 😊

Peace and gratitude 🙏🏼
Old 14-09-2020, 12:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother
Hello Beloveds,

I have been on a seeking journey for a long time now and come from a Christian faith background. About 10 years ago I had started exploring ‘new age’ beliefs and these brought me peace at the time, but then I returned to my Christian faith with a passion I’d never felt before and I experienced strong closeness and connection with God through worship music. More recently though, I began searching for an even deeper connection and understanding and began following Richard Rohr and Cynthia Bourgeault. Exploring the more mystic side of Christianity. At this point, I forgot to explain earlier that about 5 years ago I suddenly became very confused by the trinity and the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. And so my focus became ‘just on God’. So whilst exploring the Christian mystics, it still didn’t calm my mind about my thoughts of Jesus.
Just last week, I came across a Mooji video (I had followed him for a while years ago) and when I viewed this video - in which he was assisting another to find his ‘true self’ - I found I had the experience myself along with the participant and felt, for a fleeting moment, that soul self in my heartspace. This is the moment I could no longer worship God ‘out there’ anymore and I knew God was in my heart. I’d known this on an intellectual level for many years but had never experienced it for myself until now.

Anyhow, I realise I’m taking a long while to explain why I am on the Islam thread and telling you all of this! ☺️ Let me get to that now......

2 days ago I started my seeking again for more understanding. I found myself chatting with some Muslims and listening to them reciting the Quran. It bought such peace and a powerful blissful feeling in my heart 💓 I have been listening to a recitation album every waking hour since and feel so much peace. A peace I’ve not felt in a long time (if ever!).

I have so many questions that I don’t think I can put them all here at once, but my main one is why do I feel such peace just listening to this recitation? Is Allah the same as God? By that, I mean , this God energy that I’ve been praying to and worshipping all these years, is that the same ‘spirit’ as Allah? I think these 2 big questions are enough for now 😊

Peace and gratitude 🙏🏼

Allah means God.

I find the Muslims to be nice people.

There is one chap that is extremely nice to me.
I really enjoy talking to him.

And there is a Muslim business I do business with.
They are exceptionally honest and I respect them dearly for who they are.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-09-2020, 12:29 AM
Master
EarthMother,

welcome to the Forum!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-09-2020, 06:05 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you BigJohn for the welcome ��

And thanks for sharing your experiences.
Old 15-09-2020, 04:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother
Thank you BigJohn for the welcome ��

And thanks for sharing your experiences.

Not many people post in the Islam Forum.

Your initial post made my day.

Old 15-09-2020, 08:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for letting me know ��

Last edited by EarthMother : 15-09-2020 at 07:41 PM.