Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-02-2021, 02:23 AM
Master

Intuition and silent minds

Today I tried to ask myself questions. I have concerns. I asked and then listened to the silence. Sometimes, very slowly, a response would form - sometimes in images, sometimes in words.

Is this the use of intuition? How do you know what to trust?

Second, for those of you who have overcome fear, is there a chance that you use this to avoid things that you don't like, or use it as a way to "look away" i.e. out of the positive of no fear, are there some pitfalls?
Old 19-02-2021, 05:00 AM
Master

To access your intuition you have to be in a light trance. Trust you'll get true answers, have no expectations, ask your question, and pick the first thought that comes into your mind without rationalizing it.

The more you practice, the better you get at it.

Fear isn't related to knowing the future. To eliminate it you have to understand that fear is detrimental to you. When you realize you start feeling it, refocus your thought on the most positive outcome you'd like, imagine it vividly until the fear subsides, then forget about the whole thing.

Again, the more you practice, the better you get at it.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-02-2021, 10:33 AM
Administrator
My intuition is very high it always has been. if more people trusted their intuition they would feel better,
a lot of people call it a gut feeling its the same thing.

It is said that everyone is afraid or has a fear of something. well i do'nt agree with that,
Anything can be overcome it just takes a bit of patience

Namaste
Old 19-02-2021, 12:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Today I tried to ask myself questions. I have concerns. I asked and then listened to the silence. Sometimes, very slowly, a response would form - sometimes in images, sometimes in words.

Second, for those of you who have overcome fear, is there a chance that you use this to avoid things that you don't like, or use it as a way to "look away" i.e. out of the positive of no fear, are there some pitfalls?

It's a knowing, recognise this knowing, every human being experiences this "knowing" but most people ignore it. From what I see, the more you are aware of it, the more you drink from it, the more you tap into this power. This knowing does not come from outside, comes from within.

This knowing comes from within so become aware of your inner Self to make the whole process easier. The self you identify with its a product of your true Self, of your inner Self, a mental construct, a limited one. The Inner Self comes from the Maker and it's our link with Him, it's a spark of God, the Spirit or the Atman in the hindu tradition.

When I experience this knowing, I know it comes from "me", it's a inner revelation but there's still a little doubt in me, maybe this is the nature of reality, to hide the truth as best as possible. The rest of the messages ( the ones I heard while meditating ), I can't be sure of their source so I don't trust them. Sometimes I know but how can one be sure? You can't. Of course, this does not stop me to receive messages. I am open to everything.

It seems that the more you avoid things you don't like, the more they come into your experiences, so the best thing to do is to go face to face with them and learn what is to be learned from experiencing them and then move on.
Old 19-02-2021, 03:37 PM
Master
Hello,

I am inclined to trust what feels right to me. We all need to learn how to do a better job evaluation the advice we receive.

I have not overcome fear. I have learned how to deal with my fears by confronting them. Avoiding a fear makes it dangerous in my view.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 19-02-2021, 03:39 PM
Master

There are other techniques to enter intuition. Journalizing or auto-writing.
Old 19-02-2021, 05:11 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

I have done research into intuition and gut instinct since most people think they are one and the same thing. I have discovered that they are distinct although there can be an overlap.

With gut instinct, it's invariably kneejerk and often springing from fear. Clouded with emotion, the interpretation can be muddied i.e. wrong.

Intuition, on the other hand, is always deep, wise, a feeling of 'rightness' about it and can emerge best when the mind is not thinking, i.e. emptied.

Last edited by ameliorate : 19-02-2021 at 11:09 PM.
Old 19-02-2021, 06:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
I have done research into intuition and gut instinct since most people think they are one and the same thing. I have discovered that they are distinct although there can be an overlap.

With gut instinct, it's invariably kneejerk and often springing from fear. Clouded with emotion, the interpretation can be muddied i.e. wrong.

Intuition, on the other hand, is always deep, wise, a feeling of 'rightness' about it and can emerge best when the mind is not thinking, i.e. emptied.
I believe there is a progression:
instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition
Also, I differentiate between "intuition", and one's "inner source of knowledge and guidance". The former is the physical side of some inner senses. The latter is your contacting your inner-guide. Intuition is for operating in the physical. Your inner-guide supports your whole self on its path to evolvement.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-02-2021, 08:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello pixiedust, i'm responding to this thread because i received your pm.

I have probably, responded to one of your posts. sorry i can't recall it atm.

Anyway.

Quote:
How do you know what to trust?

I do not know.

At least ... not for sure.

I have many pieces of a puzzle, so i'm pulling my answers out from a piece of one or two experiences.

I probably have not overcome the fear, because some kind of fear (p.s.i call fear fear and/or hateful and/or negative energies) still arises.

One of the problem is the world of the material things.
The other problem is your/our thinking mind.

The other problem is, that, thinking can produce a response from feelings.

The other problem is, that your inner self talks to you, as well, through feelings.

Have i pointed out enough problems ?

Oh right, there are 2 more problems.

When you talk to the universe, it may respond in a week, or two, in a month or two, or maybe in a year or two.
The angels respond, usually, somewhere in between a minute or a day.

So the question is: how do you Trust ?

Or a better question would be: how do you learn to trust ?

See it as it is: if you want to learn the chinese language, you have to go to a chinese school/teacher. If you want to learn to Trust, you have to ...

Quote:
Is this the use of intuition?

Probably yes. But you have to repeat it over and over.
A simple formula to use is this: Ask, listen, learn, repeat.

Quote:
Sometimes, very slowly, a response would form - sometimes in images, sometimes in words.

When i read the word "response" in combination with "images" the books from Robert a. Monroe comes to my mind.
In his journeys out of the body ( i do not know exactly which book describes it) he states that at one time, he decided to give the control
of the out of the body experiences to his total self.
Then later, he states, once he discovered that he never cared to discover who is doing the driving, that he tried to communicate with them,
but believed that he didn't got a response.
Then he discovered that he didn't talked their language.

While humans, out of necessity of the Time-Space-illusion, developed words as a means of communications, other nonphysical beings communicated
through the use of nonverbal communications, using images, emotions, and feelings combined in a thing which he named as a NVC which is short of Nonverbal communication.

I can only recommend these books (there are 3) because i have learned a lot from it. And it is advisable to read them from oldest to the newest order. (only because of the unfolding of the story)
I say, that, because i have read it in 2,3 then 1 order.

(p.s. of course, when i say: "i have learned", i mean, as well, that i have extracted the needed information while throwing the outdated informations away)

(p.p.s. dare to say "i do not know". This allows the intuition to take over the thinking mind)
Old 20-02-2021, 08:25 AM
Greenslade

Quote:

It's intuition, and how you use it is up to you. I know what to trust after long years of practice, after a while it become second nature to trust and often I trust it more than my other senses. It hasn't done me wrong yet.

Quote:
Fear is just the imagination 'filling in the blanks' so when you stop your imagination there is nothing to overcome. Looking away is avoidance and often it doesn't help, because it's still there anyway. It's only through experience that you can deal with things better. Yep, they still affect you but not so much and not for long, it soon passes. Sometimes looking away pricks the conscience and that's sometimes not mice to live with. I don't even use the words 'positive' or 'negative' because it's the use of the words that make it good or bad in my reality, I just get on with it and get through it.