Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 27-03-2022, 01:53 PM
Master
Online Medical Records

Have you accessed yours?

I have recently accessed mine and they are worse than useless, the small amount of info I can access on them is of no use and not accurate anyway.

I am wondering if it is just my GPs surgery or this is a common problem, I don't know if I am personally denied access to any parts of my file because I am unable to find out that information, I also wrote to Patient Access and they informed me that if anything is incorrect you have no legal redress to have it corrected, although you can add a note to say you disagree with it! That's terrible its of no use to me , the GP, my employer or the benefits office. I have tried to add notes saying I disagree with certain parts but it seems near impossible.

I can see great potential for having access to this info and being able to share it but as it is it's no good, incidentally, apparently if I do share it then sometimes more info than I can access can be seen by those receiving it!
Old 27-03-2022, 02:30 PM
Master
I have accessed my insurance's information on me. Sad to say, some of it looks like it was compiled by an idiot. In my case, I have recently taken my insurance to court. They have 2 lawyers and an Administrator working the case.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-03-2022, 03:17 PM
Ascender

True, your medical records are only as good as the person recording the information. And this is the case for records long before they became online.
Old 27-03-2022, 10:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Have you accessed yours? I can see great potential for having access to this info and being able to share it but as it is it's no good, incidentally, apparently if I do share it then sometimes more info than I can access can be seen by those receiving it!
I didn't know that personal medical records were accessible online but a few years back I requested print copies of all my own to be sure I declared everything relevant when I apply for travel insurance, even stuff from some time back that I might have forgotten about. But they were records in my surgery's system, records I didn't have access to. Those printed records were very detailed.

How did you get what few records you appear to have got?
Old 28-03-2022, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I didn't know that personal medical records were accessible online but a few years back I requested print copies of all my own to be sure I declared everything relevant when I apply for travel insurance, even stuff from some time back that I might have forgotten about. But they were records in my surgery's system, records I didn't have access to. Those printed records were very detailed.

The printouts I have requested from the reception at the surgery have been good and detailed.

Quote:
How did you get what few records you appear to have got?

I am in the UK Bob and here you access them through Patient Online Services, there is some page you have access to but then you have to send an email to your GP to get access to personal stuff, as another poster said it depends on the person doing the records as my sisters through a different GP were very detailed and accurate. I am reluctant to keep pestering mine though as they under lots of pressure at the moment and I am already in the bad books.
Old 28-03-2022, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
True, your medical records are only as good as the person recording the information. And this is the case for records long before they became online.

Every once in a while I go and get some of my records.

I would say I have gotten over 1000 pages of documents.

At one place, they interjected a major error and I followed the error as they continued repeating the error. It took some time to stop repeating the error but no effort was made to correct the error in previous records.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-03-2022, 01:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
I am in the UK Bob and here you access them through Patient Online Services, there is some page you have access to but then you have to send an email to your GP to get access to personal stuff, .
I live in Notttinghamshire.

Is this Patient Online Service a recent online NHS facility or the details we can access through the NHS app in the way we can get our so-called Covid Passport/ vaccination records?
Old 28-03-2022, 01:38 PM
hazada guess

I accessed it from my GP's webpage. You can order repeat medication, make an appointment in fact all manner of stuff.
Old 28-03-2022, 01:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I accessed it from my GP's webpage. You can order repeat medication, make an appointment in fact all manner of stuff.
The 'systmonline' utility operated by TPP clinical software is what I use - is that what you have?

Appointments through it stopped when Covid-19 overwhelmed GP practices' systems generally but repeat prescriptions were working when I last used ours.
Old 28-03-2022, 03:23 PM
hazada guess

I don't know about TPP software, I just accessed it by looking at my GP'S website. If I were you I'd enquire at your GP surgery.(It worked through the covid pandemic and was really helpful).