Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 12-03-2020, 07:43 AM
Master
ANYBODY MAKE INCENSE?

Has anybody made their own incense from essential oils or blends?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-03-2020, 09:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Has anybody made their own incense from essential oils or blends?

Not sure if this counts as incense? Not as spiritual as incense.... unless you are worshiping THOR.
https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/diy...ell-like-bacon

Also, get a bag of cheap bay leaves at the ethnic grocer and burn one. Smells pretty good.
Old 27-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Master
no
but
bean
burninn
sum
i
hav

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 28-03-2020, 08:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
no
but
bean
burninn
sum
i
hav

Be careful with Incense Jo the smoke is toxic and very bad for your Lungs, Candles are as dangerous. If your using either don't put them in enclosed areas, and if you can put them in another room from where you are for safety but keep an eye on them.

Your best to use an electric diffuser with oils, they are safer as they don't produce smoke with is what's dangerous, I personally would never use either. A few drops of essential oil on Cotton Wool placed on your Radiators throw out a lovely smell... You can buy really good Plug In Aromatherapy devices for a few Pounds and fill the whole room with nice aromas.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Not sure if this counts as incense? Not as spiritual as incense.... unless you are worshiping THOR.
https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/diy...ell-like-bacon

Also, get a bag of cheap bay leaves at the ethnic grocer and burn one. Smells pretty good.
INTERESTING ARTICLE!

I plan on making some candles soon.

I like the simplicity of the recipe and the cleverness of how to acquire the fat.

What I am looking for is how to make a very unique incense. A friend of mine had it made in Burma. He died and the secret, that is if he even knew how it was made, died as far as I am concerned with him.

The incense would burn horizontally. As the incensed burned, the ash would fall below which would make an image in the ash. For example, if a person was burning the Ganesh version, Ganesh would appear in the ash.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-03-2020, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
no
but
bean
burninn
sum
i
hav

Do you burn the incense with the incense standing straight up? If you do it that way, it will burn a lot longer.

I miss the burning of the incense in the Buddhist temple.

Locally, I make some incense for our local monks. They seem to really like it.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:45 PM
Seeker

I have a bunch of resins and dry herbs and flowers I’ve been collecting to burn on charcoal rounds! I haven’t tried it yet but read some clever recipes in books and can’t wait to try! But as @sky123 mentioned, I’m waiting for a time when I can open all the windows and have my bird safely out of the way so I don’t smoke her out!
Old 04-04-2020, 09:13 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
INTERESTING ARTICLE!

I plan on making some candles soon.

I like the simplicity of the recipe and the cleverness of how to acquire the fat.

What I am looking for is how to make a very unique incense. A friend of mine had it made in Burma. He died and the secret, that is if he even knew how it was made, died as far as I am concerned with him.

The incense would burn horizontally. As the incensed burned, the ash would fall below which would make an image in the ash. For example, if a person was burning the Ganesh version, Ganesh would appear in the ash.

Interesting incense that burns and leaves an image, wonder how they got that to work. Anyway fair warning on the bacon candles, if you go with straight bacon fat making a wick that works can be difficult.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Interesting incense that burns and leaves an image, wonder how they got that to work. Anyway fair warning on the bacon candles, if you go with straight bacon fat making a wick that works can be difficult.

I suspect the image was molded from a different material. The problem is: what material(s) would leave such a characteristic pattern and how could the incense be made so it was affordable?

Old 14-04-2020, 06:29 PM
Master
I have a Muslim friend who has a business and all he makes is incense. I got to ask him if he double or triple dips.