Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 14-02-2021, 09:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
Why do you feel like you have to explain your reasoning to him?

You may just have to accept that he may never accept this part of you.

I know it's hard to understand when you're not in my position, but basically, without going into too much detail, my brother has never really been very nice to me and he has lived in another country his whole adult life with is fancy job and when our parents were dying, I was the one that made all the sacrifices to be there for them with the job gone, the friends gone, my life gone, and I could be selfish and say how unfair that was, but what was worse was what my parents themselves were going through so I stepped up and did what any loving child would do. This whet on for six years. Meanwhile, he's keeping the distance and living the life void of all responsibility.

He lives in this world where he can't understand that people don't live the high life he does all the time, that people can't always negotiate their salary and don't live in penthouses. He can be very arrogant and very ignorant. He has not been a nice brother to me since I was a child (One incidence where he locked me in a room with a spider as a child and I have a very bad case of arachnophobia). The point is I have always been a little scared of him and intimidated by him and when he asks something no matter how I try to just give one-word answers or say it is because it is and it's none of your business, that never works out. I have even been to therapy (for grievance after my parents passed) with three different therapists and the they didn't understand either until two of out of the three decided to role-play a conversation between myself and my brother to where I was him and they were me, and by the end they said how uncomfortable and on edge they felt and I said welcome to my world.
Old 14-02-2021, 09:37 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Also, my life purpose is a spiritual one. I am here to help people and he can't understand that kind of divine calling. I am also a wiccan witch and a tarot reader and have a tarot channel I am trying to grow on youtube and when I spend most of my time occupied with these things and he asks what I have been doing lately, well, firstly I don't want to have to lie and why should I? But his responses are well you can't make a living reading tarot that's not a secure job. What do you mean help people? You're procrastinating on life you just need to get a job that pays any job. Even if it's working at something you don't like". Then I say, but that's not my calling and that doesn't make me happy and he will say "well you can't go around living life the way you do, you have to start taking things seriously and you don't want to disappoint mum and dad do you?" (there is the guilt trip).

I am also a writer and have written a children's book that has yet to be published and just the mere mention of it and he says "hmm ok. Well, I suppose you can try." No "oh you've writen a kids book? That's great I'd love to hear it! I'm sure it's great."
Old 14-02-2021, 10:40 PM
Administrator
This is not the first time i have heard a story like yours.
But what i can tell you is You are richer than your Brother maybe not in money ways.
But you have Empathy he has not he sounds very Ego driven. you have an understanding of what it means to be one with Nature.
And that is priceless so in my eyes you are richer than your brother.

Namaste
Old 14-02-2021, 11:02 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
This is not the first time i have heard a story like yours.
But what i can tell you is You are richer than your Brother maybe not in money ways.
But you have Empathy he has not he sounds very Ego driven. you have an understanding of what it means to be one with Nature.
And that is priceless so in my eyes you are richer than your brother.

Namaste

Thank you, Native Spirit. I know there's so much more to life than riches and money and I do find comfort in that knowing and it's what my parents taught me. Yes you need money to live, but they taught me about the importance of family (at least with them and others perhaps it hasn't always worked with my brother) and my father was always teaching me to appreciate the little things and to appreciate nature and our co-existance with it. Both my parents would give you the shirts of their back if they thought it would help, and they were big philanthrapists. I would like to think that I have some of those traits and I hope that I can one day pass those onto my own children.
Old 14-02-2021, 11:20 PM
Master
No, i don't have any challenges when it comes to family. My family and i are very different. Its only an issue when one tries to impose on the other. Otherwise who cares whether anyone takes you seriously. Or whether your brother thinks you're not being responsible. Who knows maybe he's right. And if he's wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

To the replies above. I also think its very ego driven to think of ourselves as richer than someone else who functions differently. I am poor in comparison to my brother. And he is also more educated and logical. I don't think of myself as more richer, or more spiritual, just because i function more intuitively or because i'm less materialistic, or because i don't fit in with society. Its a childish and narrow way of thinking. We are both the same. Neither more or less than another. Functioning exactly as we are meant to function in life. And a logical person can be just as empathic. How does one know for certain whether another is empathic or not?

I hope i didn't offend or bruise any egos. I guess we'll see.
Old 14-02-2021, 11:31 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
No, i don't have any challenges when it comes to family. My family and i are very different. Its only an issue when one tries to impose on the other. Otherwise who cares whether anyone takes you seriously. Or whether your brother thinks you're not being responsible. Who knows maybe he's right. And if he's wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

To the replies above. I also think its very ego driven to think of ourselves as richer than someone else who functions differently. I am poor in comparison to my brother. And he is also more educated and logical. I don't think of myself as more richer, or more spiritual, just because i function more intuitively or because i'm less materialistic, or because i don't fit in with society. Its a childish and narrow way of thinking. We are both the same. Neither more or less than another. Functioning exactly as we are meant to function in life. And a logical person can be just as empathic. How does one know for certain whether another is empathic or not?

I hope i didn't offend or bruise any egos. I guess we'll see.

Haha, you didn't (well at least not to me), I appreciate the opinion and your perspective.

Thanks.
Old 14-02-2021, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerceptivePisces
Haha, you didn't (well at least not to me), I appreciate the opinion and your perspective.

Thanks.

That's good to know.

Its seems you have a cool family. Helping you to appreciate nature and be in-tuned with it.
Old 15-02-2021, 02:44 AM
asearcher

If you don't ask him for money or your parents then I don't see a problem, think he is trying to protect you from his own point of view even if it comes out harsh. No matter how spiritual one is one still need to make a living, one still need food on the table. There are some serious side effects if one is too poor, let's face it, if you end up having children one day you might not wish to live in the most harsh and unsafe neighbourhood, and for your pride's sake you don't want to live off someone else or on wellfare's, won't be good for your self esteem.

You're working with something that inspire you which means more than money, I get that. This you tube business is rather new to some people and hard to understand one can make a living out of it, it can also seem like an unsafe card but it can too really pay off.

Sometimes in life we have to compromise with these things. I'm sure he loves you or else he would not bother saying anything at all, he is just made how he is made.

You two maybe did this agreement before coming here to be so different on this subject from some learning experience.

Keep the light shine inside you =)
Old 15-02-2021, 04:22 AM
Master

I believe what I believe, and let others believe whatever they believe.

When allowed, I share with others what I believe, without trying to convince them, and always firmly declining to have an argument.

Surely, if I decide to share something I believe, while knowing the other believes differently, I accept the probability that the other'll react negatively.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.